• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah love

Truth&Hope

Jesus Freak
I am curious, interested, and obviously ignorant about Islam; and the character of Allah. But i want to learn. So, I want to begin by apologizing ahead of time by my lack of vocabulary or a judgmental tone So to simplify for a me, I offer a simple question. Is Allah’s love conditional upon obedience?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am curious, interested, and obviously ignorant about Islam; and the character of Allah. But i want to learn. So, I want to begin by apologizing ahead of time by my lack of vocabulary or a judgmental tone So to simplify for a me, I offer a simple question. Is Allah’s love conditional upon obedience?
Thank you for your question @Truth&Hope :)

One way to answer your question could be like this.

God Almighty loves those who attempt to be like Him. Thus, you must strive to emulate the attributes of God which the Holy Quran describes.

“You cannot become حییّ (the Living), but you can emulate this attribute by healing and attending to the sick. You cannot be مُمِیْت (the One Who causes death), but you can certainly emulate this attribute to cut asunder and terminate evil. You cannot be خالق (the Creator), but you can certainly give birth to pure progeny …

“Thus, one who strives to inculcate within themselves the divine attributes will generate divine love in their heart according to the extent that they begin to resemble God Almighty.” (Ibid., pp. 196)

Allah means God in Arabic.

Above text was from this website https://www.alhakam.org/10-ways-to-achieve-allahs-love/

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I admit that testimonies of former Muslims who became Christians are probably not a neutral source, but quite a few individuals on answering-islam.org describe their former religion as legalistic and overly ritualized. According to them, you earn Allah's goodwill by doing things the correct way.

As for Allah's character, what struck me as odd about the Koran was the description of Allah as "the best schemer" outwitting his opponents, as if deviousness were a virtue. Koran 3:54 says

(3:54) Then they schemed (against the Messiah), and Allah countered their schemes by schemes of His own. Allah is the best of schemers.

Muslim apologists may come up with an explanation why this is a good thing.:shrug:

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
description of Allah as "the best schemer" outwitting his opponents, as if deviousness were a virtue. Koran 3:54 says

That ignore the other "names" including the most repeated and thus important ones. Names of God in Islam - Wikipedia is a list.

The most repeated "names" are about compassion and merciful.

I'll also note that "schemers" is only one translation. There are passages in the Quran that are not easily translated and for which there are different and contradictory versions.

Other translations have "planners" in the sense of God is the best planner.
See these three web pages:
WebQT - ©2003-2018 Submission.org

The Quran

And the unbelievers schemed [against Jesus]; but God brought their scheming to nought: for God is above all schemers Ayah al-Imran (The Family of Imran, The House of Imran) 3:54

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I'm not an Islamic scholar but I know enough to know that quoting even a single verse in the Quran can be misleading, in this case a verse called the "obedience verse" which Shi'a and Sunni interpret differently.

Personally I like this explanation: Does God Love Us All Unconditionally? | About Islam

A simple answer to your question would be that God loves humans but hates their sins.

This means that although bad deeds merit God’s disapproval and subsequent punishment, they also invoke His infinite mercy on a weak creature whom He has lovingly created, to whom He has given life, and whom He has nurtured with gifts and bounty.

Allah describes Himself in the Quran as “The Loving”: Surah Al-Buruj - 14

Yet love must be expressed in action; otherwise it’s just a word without meaning