• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah creates evil?

islam abduallah

Allah had created everything including evil,
Allah said “Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak, From the evil of that which He created” 113:1-2

This verse is too clear that Allah created the evil, but why a most merciful god why to create evil? For sure you ask this question and I did before, we have to know that as Allah created evil from our point of view but this evil is including a greater good inside it but we don’t understand it, let me give you an example to understand it

A cancer is evil for sure and so if somebody got a cancer s/he will get mad why me god?! And for sure he consider it as a great evil occurred on him, on the other hand we (Muslims) don’t think like this patient, we see it’s evil but it includes a greater good inside it, listen to the following hadiths “"No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn." Volume 7, Book 70:544
"No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that. ." Volume 7, Book 70:545
Muslim (5318) narrated that Suhayb said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affair is all good, and this applies to no one except the believer. If something good happens to him, he gives thanks and that is good for him, and if something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience, and that is good for him.” This has to do with the virtues of patience in general
From those three hadith we can understand that these diseases will remove our sins, i.e. it will make us more far from the hell and closer to the paradise and get higher levels, so it’s not 100% evil, there’s a good inside it but we don’t notice it.
Look to what’s happening in Syria these days, it’s evil, actually no word could express how much evil their but on the other hand you will find that the people disbelieve in Allah nor lost their trust in him although that they lost their homes, and a lot of their kids were slaughtered before their eyes and a lot of evil things you may hear about in the news, it’s evil but if you see what’s the evil in it you will say no it’s not evil.
Let’s categorize the victims there
A) kid, who was killed, in Islam the kids are in the paradise and they will not be questioned in the other life, but what about their parents, listen to what Allah promised those poor parents

1- Al-Tirmidhi (942) narrated that Abu Sinaan said: I buried my son Sinaan and Abu Talhah al-Khoolaani was sitting at the graveside. When I wanted to go out he took my hand and said, “Shall I not give you some glad tidings, O Abu Sinaan?” I said, “Yes.” He said, “Al-Dahhaak ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Arzab narrated to me from Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When a person’s child dies, Allaah says to His angels, ‘You have taken the child of My slave.’ They say, ‘Yes.’ He says, ‘You have taken the apple of his eye.’ They say, ‘Yes.’ He says, ‘What did My slave say?’ They say, ‘He praised you and said “Innaa lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return).’ Allaah says, ‘Build for My slave a house in Paradise and call it the house of praise.’”

2- It was narrated in al-Saheehayn (Bukhari and Muslim sahih) that there is a special reward for the person whose child dies but he bears that with patience and hopes for reward. It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the women said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Give us a day (to teach us),” So he preached to them and said, “Any woman who loses three of her children, they will be a shield for her against the Fire.” A woman said, “And two?” He said, “And two.”
So for sure losing a kid is a calamity for the parents but it includes a higher and greater good inside it which is that they are protected from the hell and allah build them a house in the paradise, also there’s another hadith that this kid will take his parents from their hands and enter the paradise with them, these hadith that makes the people are patient

B) an adult who was killed during the war there, and so he will be a Martyr, the reward of the martyrs is “And never think of those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive with their Lord, receiving provision, Rejoicing in what Allah has bestowed upon them of His bounty, and they receive good tidings about those [to be martyred] after them who have not yet joined them - that there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve., They receive good tidings of favor from Allah and bounty and [of the fact] that Allah does not allow the reward of believers to be lost “3: 169-171

And said too “And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger - those will be with the ones upon whom Allah has bestowed favor of the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous. And excellent are those as companions.” 4:69 see how Allah combine them with prophets I think this is too enough

To conclude that we say that what we consider it as an evil it includes inside it a greater good

Unless struggling and suffering that evil does we won’t be able to understand some attributes of Allah like all knowing, all hearing, the healer, most merciful,… indeed we won’t really feel the meaning of such attributes unless we are exposed to evil and struggling

OurCreed

There is no God but Allah
Remember also that Allah (swt) is the most Just AND Wise.

He will never do any wrong to anybody, and everything, every act that he does, there is wisdom behind it.

Allah (swt) doesn't always create evil really, the evil comes from us, but Allah (swt) Himself allows it to remain and uses it to test us, to improve our own conditions.

Looking at cancer, our scientists and doctors are trying to figure out how to cure it, we still haven't found the cure, BUT, we HAVE found solutions to other problems and made cures for other diseases, only by the grace of Allah.

It will be a matter of time when Allah will grant some knowledge and wisdom to a people in a time whom He pleases, to the panacea of cancer.

Aamer

Truth Seeker
Things we take very serious in this life are not that serious to Allah I believe. It's like when you put a two year old in a corner, it's the end of his world to his infant brain. He's crying, throwing a fit. But we adults punishing him know that it will only last two minutes and he will learn from it. God is just.