• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Your Contacts in One Single Church?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
To keep our good relationship with Jehovah, we do not choose to associate with anyone who practices bad things. This includes people who say that they worship Jehovah but choose to disobey him.
(citing from your source)

In lights of the above page, it gets clear whom they mean by "people who say that they worship Jehovah but choose to disobey him"...
The line in red seems no problem to me, when I read it. I took it literally, so such a line does not bother me at all
1: "Not associate with people who do bad things". I can only applaud that
2: "This includes those who say they worship Jehova but choose to disobey Him". I applaud that too. Probably none to associate with left, though:D

I mean, can you tell me 1 person (not a Saint) who perfectly obeys Jehovah 24/7? The moment you fail to obey Jehovah one could say "you choose to disobey Him". Unless maybe if you claim that you have totally no will power or control over anything you do.

Even more so, I am curious if there is 1 JW on RF, who dares to claim that he NEVER has disobeyed God. I make it easy for him, past 24 hours
(Note: Jehovah gave quite a few rules in the Bible AND are you sure you interpreted them ALL perfect)?

IMO this is a very strange rule "This includes people who say that they worship Jehovah but choose to disobey him."
But maybe JW take it very lenient. How I read it, the JW must be very easy going, and I would never claim that I obey God 100%

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think it is a great problem when all socail contacts, family and friends, can be found in one and the same church.
In this video*
(German language), a Jehova Witness explains that she is convinced to have been sexually abused by her father.
Yet she stays in that church (minute 6:50). She says, in case of leaving the church, she would lose everything: family and friends.
I can understand that.
However, in my opinion, there is no environment that's more toxic to a victim of sexual abuse... than the place where the perpetrator goes to and receives backing.

The problem that I see here is isolating oneself to the extent that 100% of your contacts can be found in one single church. This is running the risk of losing everything, if that particular church goes wrong.

Parents, in general, must ensure that children have contacts into more than one environment, I think. Otherwise it could get dangerous.

The problem of isolating oneself to one single church is not limited to Jehova Witnesses though, as I see it.

* I'm posting this German vid to an English site only to provide a checkable source - at least some can check it here if they want.

I believe in being part of the family of God and that sometimes includes going to synagogues and Friday prayer meetings. The JW's are like a cult and the felling that one is dead outside of it is a common indication that it is a cult.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That is right. That can be present in any Christian Church...although some are more open than others. I mean open to the external world.
I am so sorry for Katharina...I hope she can find support elsewhere.

Spiritualist churches tend to be all women but I wouldn't recommend it for a Christian.