• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

all-time best seller

Lucius7

the bible-inspired by God?:rolleyes:is there some one who dan resirch on this?

THeres no way to accurately answer your question with evidence without embarking on a more comprehensive scriptural and historical study on scriptures and the peoples, places and cultures which I covers, as well as the authors, their histories, and the manner in which the Bible was actually written. It is written like no other book which has ever been written. Science and acadamia consider it an inexplicable phenomenon because the manner in which it was assimilated would be impossible for such a diverse number of authors over so many hundreds of years to compile accurately while still maintaining the structural integrity and solidarity of the whole.

If you really want the answer to your question you are probablly going to have to devote alot of time and research into understanding it for yourself. I cannot launch into such a topic on the internet. It would take a LONG time to type out and assimilate.

What I can say is that the evidence is very much available and yes it does prove (at the very least) that it was not done by mans inspiration.

There is no other text, religious or otherwise which can match it. Every other religious text or holy book from any other religion in human history are either penned by a single author, a group of authors acting together simulatneously, or by many authors in the forms of poems which must ultimately be seperated into seperate individual volumes by the religious systems in order to avoid a same book constantly contradicting itself with slightly different idealogies from the different authors.

In a far more scientific and physical/spiritual aspect, the Book of the Law (first 5 books) contain the keys to every law which governs physical reality, agriculture, weather, war, economics, waste management, judicial laws and provisions, textile and the manufacturing of clothes and fabric, social relations, diplomace, government, disease elimination, health and diet, familial structureand much more all condensed with absolute perfection into 5 small books which trump and are far advanced beyond modern pseudo-scientific understanding of natural/physical Law.

There has never been written any book by any man which gives a better account of any single one of these topics than the Bible (which was written prior to any of our modern technological and historical "advantages".

As I already stated Im not going to engage in a comprehensive study and analysis or go into a bunch of reference detail. The only really relevant truth and evidence that you need according to GOD is HIS Word, and Ill provide a few referneces to give you some insight providing you investigate the references and read them in context with the books or chapters which surround them.

2TI 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable
for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:
2PE 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any
private interpretation.
PSA 119:160 Thy word [is] true [from] the beginning: and every one of thy
righteous judgments [endureth] for ever.
LUK 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were
eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
JOH 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the
Word was God.
1JO 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we
have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands
have handled, of the Word of life;

Smoke

Done here.
The all-time bestseller is probably either the Bible or Quotations from Chairman Mao. The latter is the book of which the most copies have been printed.

The figures are skewed, in the case of the Bible, by the fact that a substantial percentage of copies are not sold, but given away, and in the case of Quotations, by the fact that the Chinese under Mao were basically required to own a copy.

The next fourteen best sellers, according to Wikipedia, are:

1) The Xinhua Dictionary
2) Chairman Mao's Poems
3) Selected Articles of Mao Zedong
4) The Qur'an
5) Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
6) Baden-Powell, Scouting For Boys
7) Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
8) Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (or Sorcerer's) Stone
9) Book of Mormon
10) Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, The Truth That Leads To Eternal Life
11) Ziang, On the Three Representations
12) Christie, And Then There Were None
13) Tolkien, The Hobbit
14) Cao, Dream of the Red Chamber

Last edited:

anders

The all-time bestseller is probably either the Bible or Quotations from Chairman Mao. The latter is the book of which the most copies have been printed.

The figures are skewed, in the case of the Bible, by the fact that a substantial percentage of copies are not sold, but given away, and in the case of Quotations, by the fact that the Chinese under Mao were basically required to own a copy.

The next fourteen best sellers, according to Wikipedia, are:

1) The Xinhua Dictionary
2) Chairman Mao's Poems
3) Selected Articles of Mao Zedong
4) The Qur'an
5) Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
6) Baden-Powell, Scouting For Boys
7) Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
8) Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (or Sorcerer's) Stone
9) Book of Mormon
10) Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, The Truth That Leads To Eternal Life
11) Ziang, On the Three Representations
12) Christie, And Then There Were None
13) Tolkien, The Hobbit
14) Cao, Dream of the Red Chamber
Great list! Despite some farily serious digging on the subject, I hadn't found that one yet. Do I agree with the "given away" and "required" constraints!

In my own humble :D way, I have contributed. Besides one Quotations in Chinese and one in English, and towards 20 Bibles in assorted languages, I so far own three editions of #1, one #3, one #7 set (bought several years before its becoming cult). And the usual problem on #4... Is a "translation" into another language a True Qur'an? If not, I count 3, if yes, 13.

I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the numerous characters appearing, but it would be interesting to get a couple of translations and the original to go for #14...

On #11, shouldn't the author be Jiang Zemin?! His theory is of immense global importance. I haven't found the starting treatise yet, but will hunt for it. "The Three Representations" is a very important concept.

3.14, it's embarrassingly obvious that you haven't even had a fleeting glance at #6. I have read it, and it's as chaste as can be.