• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All that can be known of Quantum particles is the probability of where they might be located

Ostronomos

This mysterious nature of material objects (namely quantum particles) suggests that the material world is an illusion. A chimera. As all matter was shown to have wave-like properties (first by De Broglie) this becomes an undeniable fact.

Hence the people who "died" on 9/11 are still alive at some place elsewhere at some time in some other form, could be another universe I don't know. This is just wild speculation.

When Max Born re-interpreted Schroedinger's equation to reflect the fact that it is not the quantum particles that spread out in space over time but the probability of locating them in specific locations this had tremendous implications and ramifications. For one thing it clearly illustrated the fact that the microscopic world was unlike the world we see around us. In the 21st century there has been a paradigm shift in recent years that extend the concept of the wavefunction to imply that there exists a mind behind the material world. Can anyone elaborate on this fact?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In the 21st century there has been a paradigm shift in recent years that extend the concept of the wavefunction to imply that there exists a mind behind the material world. Can anyone elaborate on this fact

I Would love to see you elaborate on this woo. Because it is certainly not fact.

Ostronomos

I Would love to see you elaborate on this woo. Because it is certainly not fact.

In a previous thread it was explained that consciousness was more fundamental than matter. This was implied by the most recent paradigm shift in Physics.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
All that can be known of Quantum particles is the probability of where they might be located

Not a great start to be wrong in the title. In fact we can calculate the probability of whatever observable we are interested in, so not just position but momentum, energy, spin, and so on.

This mysterious nature of material objects (namely quantum particles) suggests that the material world is an illusion. A chimera. As all matter was shown to have wave-like properties (first by De Broglie) this becomes an undeniable fact.

No, it does not.

In the 21st century there has been a paradigm shift in recent years that extend the concept of the wavefunction to imply that there exists a mind behind the material world. Can anyone elaborate on this fact?

There have been all sorts of fringe speculations but to call this a 'fact' is, err.... inaccurate to say the least.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
In a previous thread it was explained that consciousness was more fundamental than matter. This was implied by the most recent paradigm shift in Physics.

The idea that mind has any connection whatsoever to quantum mechanics is a minority interpretation.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Explained by who? I see no peer reviewed papers. You made a claim in the OP, can you provide evidence to back up that claim or was it your opinion?

exchemist

Veteran Member

Hence the people who "died" on 9/11 are still alive at some place elsewhere at some time in some other form, could be another universe I don't know. This is just wild speculation.

When Max Born re-interpreted Schroedinger's equation to reflect the fact that it is not the quantum particles that spread out in space over time but the probability of locating them in specific locations this had tremendous implications and ramifications. For one thing it clearly illustrated the fact that the microscopic world was unlike the world we see around us. In the 21st century there has been a paradigm shift in recent years that extend the concept of the wavefunction to imply that there exists a mind behind the material world. Can anyone elaborate on this fact?
This is utter rubbish, from someone with no understanding of quantum theory (but regular readers will already know this by now.:rolleyes:)

QM in no way suggests the material world is an illusion. The wavelength,λ, of an object is inversely proportional to its momentum, p: λ= h/p, with a constant of proportionality, h, (Planck's constant) that is tiny ~6.7 x 10⁻³⁴ J-sec. This is so small that for any object made of more than a few hundred atoms, the wave aspect of matter makes no measurable difference to how it behaves.

Quantum theory has nothing to say about "mind", or "conciousness". What it does seem to imply is that the only things we can speak about are the interactions of matter, and that what systems "do" in between interactions is not knowable and thus is a bit meaningless to contemplate. But that is a different issue.

MatthewA

What is it that you think about when it comes down to Quantum particles? Do they possibly exist? It would be weird in my perception to an the idea of an illusionary material world; would have me falling through the floor from my surround areas, and would slip through unto? Under the earth, floating off in space? Haha. Scary for sure.

Ostronomos

This is utter rubbish, from someone with no understanding of quantum theory (but regular readers will already know this by now.:rolleyes:)

QM in no way suggests the material world is an illusion. The wavelength,λ, of an object is inversely proportional to its momentum, p: λ= h/p, with a constant of proportionality, h, (Planck's constant) that is tiny ~6.7 x 10⁻³⁴ J-sec. This is so small that for any object made of more than a few hundred atoms, the wave aspect of matter makes no measurable difference to how it behaves.

Quantum theory has nothing to say about "mind", or "conciousness". What it does seem to imply is that the only things we can speak about are the interactions of matter, and that what systems "do" in between interactions is not knowable and thus is a bit meaningless to contemplate. But that is a different issue.

The holographic principle conjectures that the entire three-dimensional world is a projection from a lower-dimensional information structure that possesses Quantum properties like entanglement. If this is the case then the three dim world, as they say, is only an effective description at low energies and macroscopic scales. You are correct about wavelength being proportional to momentum. I did read that somewhere.

4-studyreveals.jpg