• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All roads lead to the same God ?

SeekingAllTruth

By the way, I was specific while referring to Light because the only true Light I know is the Light of the Perfect True Knowledge (perfect relative to the receiver; I personally needed to know just what concern my existence and the world's reality I live in).

Jesus helped me get this perfect knowledge (perfect, relative to my needs).
So I hope that Krishna did the same to you.
1.2 BILLION Hindus worship Krishna. Krishna must be doing something for them that Jesus doesn't do, right?

John1.12

Free gift
1.2 BILLION Hindus worship Krishna. Krishna must be doing something for them that Jesus doesn't do, right?
Jesus said.
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

SeekingAllTruth

Jesus said.
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

maybe Jesus was referring to Krishna. Jesus didn't say, "I am the gate" so how can we be sure? After all, Krishna was born before Jesus. Jesus was thoroughly familiar with Krishna's teachings, being Krishna's disciple.

SeekingAllTruth

I meant what is your evidence that Jesus stole that verse ? if someone claims you stole something wouldn't it require evidence?

Like I said, it came from a holy book just like Jesus' words come from a holy book. What's your evidence Jesus didn't steal Krishna's words from him?

ecco

Veteran Member
Is Jesus not God?
Is God not Eternal?

Out of all of eternity, Jesus spent 30 years as a mortal. Far less than the blink of an eye.
After a mere thirty years, Jesus returned to heaven.

"laid down his own life"? Really? Did He cease to exist?

"God sacrificed His only Son...". That's another "Really?" What sacrifice?
How else should the bible have said it ?
Regardless. No matter how it was said, it really is no big deal.

SeekingAllTruth

Not a big deal , that Jesus died for the sins of the world, was buried and rose again on the third day ?
And where's your evidence for this, Barry--I mean besides stories from the Bible. The Bhagavad Gita has similar stories about Krishna. How do we know which one is the truth. The answer is we don't. Both are holy books by different religions that purport to be the one true faith. There's no outside evidence for Krishna OR Jesus.

John1.12

Free gift
And where's your evidence for this, Barry--I mean besides stories from the Bible. The Bhagavad Gita has similar stories about Krishna. How do we know which one is the truth. The answer is we don't. Both are holy books by different religions that purport to be the one true faith. There's no outside evidence for Krishna OR Jesus.
According to the bible it would be explained by Satan who counterfeits things God does . So its no surprise to see attempts with deceptive religions. Satan is behind them. False spirits ect . This the bible explains.

SeekingAllTruth

According to the bible it would be explained by Satan who counterfeits things God does . So its no surprise to see attempts with deceptive religions. Satan is behind them. False spirits ect . This the bible explains.

I guess people will have to contemplate both positions.

My position: both are holy books talking about their particular god. There's no proof one way or the other about which is correct, if indeed any are correct. So it boils down to 1.2 billion Hindus believing Krishna is the real god and 2.3 billion Christians believing Jesus is the correct god with nothing outside the holy books to substantiate either belief.

Your position: The bible says it, I believe it, that settles it.

KerimF

You may be right because I also heard that millions (if not billions) of Muslims worship Allah. So, based on your reasoning, Allah must be doing something for them that Krishna doesn't do.

In other words, all sort of believers by faith are happy being gathered in well defined formal groups supervised and ruled (via earthly privileged representatives) by a powerful ruling God they choose.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Some seem to object to the exclusive claims of Christianity. That the Gospel is the ONLY way ,that Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven ,that by believing that he died for all our sins , was buried and rose again . That this alone is the only option there is to heaven and eternal life .
But I believe all our claims are exclusive .Even the claim ' all roads lead to the same God " claim ,this is exclusive and rules out the individual claim of another .
Often its made to sound ' tolerant ' ( The new fashionable, buzz word )
" All truth is relative " again, another exclusive truth claim.
" Thats true for you , but not true for me " hmmm lol ?
I used to believe that all religions were just ' sign posts ' to the same goal . Just different ways to express or reach the same goal " Again this is a exclusive claim.
Thoughts?
Nope.
You can leave the Deist God out of that.
The Deist God leads to no heaven.

SeekingAllTruth

You may be right because I also heard that millions (if not billions) of Muslims worship Allah. So, based on your reasoning, Allah must be doing something for them that Krishna doesn't do.

In other words, all sort of believers by faith are happy being gathered in well defined formal groups supervised and ruled (via earthly privileged representatives) by a powerful ruling God they choose.
Perfectly summarized. In sheer numbers of believers Allah and Krishna kick Jesus' butt.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
Some seem to object to the exclusive claims of Christianity. That the Gospel is the ONLY way ,that Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven ,that by believing that he died for all our sins , was buried and rose again . That this alone is the only option there is to heaven and eternal life .
But I believe all our claims are exclusive .Even the claim ' all roads lead to the same God " claim ,this is exclusive and rules out the individual claim of another .
Often its made to sound ' tolerant ' ( The new fashionable, buzz word )
" All truth is relative " again, another exclusive truth claim.
" Thats true for you , but not true for me " hmmm lol ?
I used to believe that all religions were just ' sign posts ' to the same goal . Just different ways to express or reach the same goal " Again this is a exclusive claim.
Thoughts?
Ah, Jesus is God.

Incarnation. ( Identity function)

But I think all roads do lead to God.

Will a person take a route that arrives before the pitch dark nightfall that extinguishes our lamps?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know any bible believing Christian who does not believe this verse as it says .
6¶Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
A number of problems with this response. First, while all Christians believe this verse, not all Christians understand this in exclusivist terms, as you do. They do not interpret this as saying only the Christian religion is how you come to the Father, or the Divine, through Christ, the agent of the creation and redemption. One does not have to join the religion, or swear fealty to a set of doctrines in order to Grace to operate in the world through the Logos.

Secondly, it is probably true that "bible believing" Christians are exclusivists, in so far as "bible-believers" are a very modern, some might say idolatrous, fundamentalist brand of the Christian religion. They tend to think they and they alone have a monopoly on God and Truth. They treat the Bible as a co-equal with God, like the 4th person of the Trinity, or rather the Quadrintity. Most other Christians find this version of the religion an abbiration, and not in line with historical, biblical Christianity.

And thirdly, this reply did not address my original post. Do you care to discuss the differences between exclusivist, versus pluralistic, and inclusivists views within Christianity? Or do you just claim your version alone is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, equal to God in authority?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus never said, "I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me."
The author of the gospel of John did. John 1:3, 4 "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind."

Also, Paul in Hebrews 1:3 says this, "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power"

That's saying the same thing. Everything emanates through the Christ. It seems Christ and Krishna represent the same thing.

SeekingAllTruth

The author of the gospel of John did. John 1:3, 4 "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind."

Also, Paul in Hebrews 1:3 says this, "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power"

That's saying the same thing. Everything emanates through the Christ. It seems Christ and Krishna represent the same thing.

I believe you're correct. But you'd never get a Christian to admit that Jesus was likely the Christian clone of Krishna, the similarities are so jaw-dropping.

• Both are believed to be sons of God since they were divinely conceived
  • The birth of both Jesus of Nazareth and Krishna of Dwarka and their God-designed missions were foretold
  • Both were born in unusual places — Christ in a lowly manger and Krishna in a prison cell
  • Both were divinely saved from death pronouncements
  • Evil forces pursued both Christ and Krishna in vain
  • Christ is often depicted as a shepherd; Krishna was a cowherd
  • Both appeared at a critical time when their respective countries were in a torpid state
  • Both died of wounds caused by sharp weapons — Christ by nails and Krishna by an arrow
  • The teachings of both are very similar — both emphasize love and peace

Similarities Between the Lives and Teachings of Christ and Krishna

Bird123

All paths do lead to God, even those paths outside of religion/// Again, this is an exclusive truth claim . Islam for example says otherwise , Jehovah’s witnesses, Mormons . Each claims they are the truth .Your claim doesn't allow for Jehovah's_Witnesses, for example, to be the only true way ,the only true organisation that speaks for God . They say they are the only true followers of God . The only true disciples ect. Just with these few examples ,logically your view cannot be true .

//
even those paths outside of religion//

Christianity says that unbelievers will not be with God ,they will not be in heaven and not have eternal life ,unless they recieve Jesus ,as the text says in ( John 1.12 ) . The bible does not say other religions are equally valid and their practices are godly . The bible says that behind false religion is superstition at best and demonic at worst . That false spirits seduce people away from Jesus to follow other gods, who are not real but the spirits behind them deceive. The bible says all those found not in Christ will be judged and cast into the lake of fire . There is no logical way that your claim could be true.

No one is speaking for God. Why in the world would you think God would ever need a middle man or someone to speak for Him?? On the other hand, religions claim they speak for God simply because they would have no followers if they didn't.

It all comes down to whether one wants what actually exists or can be satisfied with mere beliefs. Religion values Beliefs above all else. Should beliefs really be above facts and truth?

God hides nothing. All the secrets of the universe stare us in the face. How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how? The knowledge was there all the time waiting to be Discovered.

Religions might claim to speak for God, however they reflect mankind more than anything else. Mankind values so many petty things simply because they do not yet see these petty things for what they really are. Things like Ruling, Controlling, Judging, Condemning, Degrading, Punishing, Hating, Wanting Payback and etc. Surely you have noticed the Threats, Intimidation, Coercing, along with the classing of some people being better than others in religions all in the name of God.

Are these petty things really Intelligent? God is at a Higher Level above these petty things. Mankind values them and incorporates these things simply because they have not learned what these petty things really are. Time and Living Lessons will bring Understanding to all, along with the ability to create a Heavenly State for themselves.

Religion creates a We against They. We are Good. They are Bad. It has never ever been about good and bad. When one understands all sides, Intelligence will choose the Best choices. Don't you see? There is not even a need to define good or evil since in the end everyone will make the very Best Choices. There is no need to value all those petty things mankind and religions teach. They bring Hurt and Hate. They will never bring the Best Results.

God hides nothing. The knowledge exists staring us all in the face. One must Widen the View, Open those Eyes and See what actually exists.

It has never been we against they. It is an US, the Children of God, each so very Special in our own ways, regardless of those choices it takes to learn and understand.

That's what I see. It's very very clear!!