• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All religions have Golden Rule

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
"None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself." Number 13 of Imam "Al-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths."

logician

It is true that most religions have their own version of the golden rule, which, BTW, does not work well for masochists.

Trey of Diamonds

Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful
~ Buddhism

What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow man. That is the entire Law: all rest is commentary.
~ Judaism

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
~ Christianity

No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself.
~ Islam

Blessed is he who preferreth his brother before himself.
~ Baha'i Faith

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
This is what President Obama said today. But where is Islam's Golden Rule?
Bat colonies have the golden rule... what is your point other than to once again try to make Islam into a boogy-man ?

wa:do

themadhair

• Scientology: "20: Try to treat others as you would want them to treat you." This is one of the 21 moral precepts that form the moral code explained in L. Ron Hubbard's booklet "The Way to Happiness."
Versions of the Golden Rule in 21 world religions
You find me anything resembling that in Hubbard's scriptures and I'll retract my claim. Dianetics, A New Slant on Life, Science of Survival, The Problems of Work, The Fundamentals of Thought, Have You Lived Before This Life, Introduction to Scientology Ethics, The Red&Green Volumes with the policy letters, the congresses, the St. Hill Special Briefing course, etc. etc. don’t have any variant of the golden rule that I am aware of.

The Way To Happiness wasn’t written until the 1980’s IIRC and isn’t a Scientology religious scripture. They actually promote TWTH as being a secular a non-religious book:
From The Way to Happiness - FAQ

The Way to Happiness Foundation said:
Is The Way to Happiness a religious book?

The Way to Happiness Foundation International is a secular organization and The Way to Happiness book is not a religious book. However, many different religious groups have used The Way to Happiness book as its simple but powerful messages are compatible with and complimentary to most religions of the world.
Since The Way to Happiness book is not religious, it is also suitable for any individual, public or private group to use to improve conditions in life.

Want to try double or nothing tumbleweed41?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
The Way To Happiness wasn’t written until the 1980’s IIRC and isn’t a Scientology religious scripture. They actually promote TWTH as being a secular a non-religious book:
From The Way to Happiness - FAQ

Want to try double or nothing tumbleweed41?
The quote I mentioned did not claim to be scripture, nor did you ask for scripture. You made the assertion there was no golden rule in Scientology. I provided an example of living the "golden rule" as supplied in on of Hubbards books.
Take it or leave it. I think the whole thing (Scientology) is a big mind numbing cultist attitude anyway.

Alla Prima

"None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself." Number 13 of Imam "Al-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths."

Does not 48.29 contradict this? And it would be interesting to hear from the Koran only Muslims.

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.