• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Paths Lead To God

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
"All paths lead to God" Yet again I have come across this phrase in a book. This time Rupert Sheldrake quoting a Hindu teacher.

Do you believe this statement?
Does it make sense?
It does make a lot of sense :) But i do not think all paths lead to the same God :) I believe all paths has its God, Buddha, Dao and so on. But I do not think there is only one God who rules over everything.

Earthtank

"All paths lead to God" Yet again I have come across this phrase in a book. This time Rupert Sheldrake quoting a Hindu teacher.

Does it make sense?

Well if you believe in heaven and hell then 1 way or another your going to god lol

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Does it make sense?
Only if not taken literally. I don't think robbing banks is likely a path to God.

What I do believe, however, is that religion is an attempt to find and understand God(s), and I don't believe that any religion has a monopoly on the Truth, whatever that may be.

Bob the Unbeliever

Does it make sense?

No. If you study the self-styled "holy" books? That path leads you to not-god.

And no-- that makes no sense-- the more one studies gods? The more one realizes all gods are man-made, and not worthy of the title.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Does it make sense?
I don't believe it, and it doesn't make sense to me. I believe it comes from a universalist leaning Hindu teacher than never really did an in depth study of all paths or other religions. The path of alcoholism, to use a harsh example, does not lead to God.

Ellen Brown

Does it make sense?

I'm convinced that at the End Of Days, everyone will know the ONE God, there will be one belief.

leov

Then we see God as something different:) and in my understanding there are many Gods, Buddhas and so on. Many realms/ level of heavens with different beings
Buddha was enlightened man? Spiritual brings (different density than physical) are many, but One Sustainer.

Ellen Brown

...Or a Christian believing homosexual monogamous relationships are a sin?

I do my best to judge no one. God desires me to be loving and kind to everyone and that is sufficient challenge to me. That I achieve with varying degrees of success. One of my mottoes is that if you believe something to be a sin then "Don't Do It."