• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All laws abolished, by Jesus, or otherwise

Hawkins

/this thread is only intended to be discussed in a 'Jesus' adherence, or Jesus validity, context.
otherwise, ''same faith'', here, is meant broadly.

@Deeje

Were the Torah laws modified, or nullified?
My argument, is that they were mostly modified,

The "change" here refers to how the laws become absent in the New Covenant, along with the new priest Jesus who brought with Him the New Covenant.

As a big picture, no laws ever need to be changed.

74x12

/this thread is only intended to be discussed in a 'Jesus' adherence, or Jesus validity, context.

@Deeje

I believe the holy Spirit poured out on the day of Pentecost (Acts chapter 2) replaces the Law of Moses. One was written on paper or stone. The other is a Life giving Spirit.

12jtartar

Premium Member

@Deeje

syncretic,
Good question, of which there is much misunderstanding

Faithofchristian

To answer the Thread.

No law were modified or changed.

Christ Jesus only fulfilled the law.

The sacrificial lamb offering was to point Israel ahead to Christ, Now that Christ has come and died.
Christ fulfilled the sacrificial lamb offering.
Thereby bringing it to it's end.

@Deeje

I always thought that the majority of the Law was null and voided except for the first two commandments because it was impossible for man to follow it and thats why God came down as Jesus.