• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All I want for Christmas is....

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I want my kids to be happy - and I hope that part of their happiness is derived from coming home for the holidays. But if they can't make it, I just hope they have a fabulous Christmas with their own little kids and friends. Sometimes military families simply can't pull off a big family Christmas with all the various generations coming together.

With kids in Virginia, Colorado, Korea and Texas - and parents in Arkansas - things can get complicated!

Speaking of Korea, I hope my son in the Army, along with his Korean fiancee, will be safe.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I want nothing.

And by that, I don't just mean that there's nothing that I want. I mean it in the more active sense that I'd rather receive nothing than something. Every year I receive gifts that I do not want. I strongly dislike clutter but don't want to throw gifts away, so I end up being stuck with clutter I do not want. Plus it's not like I want to tell people that I'm never going to use their gift. I just smile, nod, thank them, and take it and put it in a closet.

This year I've made it more clear than usual that I want nothing.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
If we're talking about selfish desires, things that people might actually give me, then I want money. Lots of money. So that I can go to Europe for a few months with my best friends next year. And to the Sydney Salsa Congress in January, and to Brazil this time next year with my dance crew, and to Thailand with my friend James this summer and to Italy with my parents in a few months and...and...

I can't do any of it :sad4:

Renji

I want nothing.

And by that, I don't just mean that there's nothing that I want. I mean it in the more active sense that I'd rather receive nothing than something. Every year I receive gifts that I do not want. I strongly dislike clutter but don't want to throw gifts away, so I end up being stuck with clutter I do not want. Plus it's not like I want to tell people that I'm never going to use their gift. I just smile, nod, thank them, and take it and put it in a closet.

This year I've made it more clear than usual that I want nothing.

Christmas isn't always about material things;)

Renji

If we're talking about selfish desires, things that people might actually give me, then I want money. Lots of money. So that I can go to Europe for a few months with my best friends next year. And to the Sydney Salsa Congress in January, and to Brazil this time next year with my dance crew, and to Thailand with my friend James this summer and to Italy with my parents in a few months and...and...

I can't do any of it :sad4:

:D I am actually saving my allowance so that I can buy a gift to my 2 years old nephew named after me (I'm 'Lawrence' and he's 'Laurence')

Renji

I want my kids to be happy - and I hope that part of their happiness is derived from coming home for the holidays. But if they can't make it, I just hope they have a fabulous Christmas with their own little kids and friends. Sometimes military families simply can't pull off a big family Christmas with all the various generations coming together.

With kids in Virginia, Colorado, Korea and Texas - and parents in Arkansas - things can get complicated!

Speaking of Korea, I hope my son in the Army, along with his Korean fiancee, will be safe.

Oh, I'll pray for him. I am actually hoping that the quarrel between the 2 Korean nation will be resolved soon. But then again, they (N. Korea) attacked Yeonpyeong the second time. But don't worry. My Korean friends actually told me that there's nothing to worry about... I pray for peace...

Renji

But I realized that world peace is priceless and has been scarce for thousands and thousands of years.
It's time to do something and make a change

Midnight Pete

Christmas isn't always about material things;)

The true meaning of Christmas isn't material things, although the Three Wise Men were bearing some pretty expensive gifts for Baby Jesus. But these were actually just to comemorate the occaison of his birth in the broader sense. Had they brought presents for Baby Jesus himself, it would have been the 1st century equivalent of diapers and baby wipes. You know, practical stuff.

Renji

The true meaning of Christmas isn't material things,

Lol, ofcourse it does not. :angel2:That ("Material things 'represent' the true meaning of Christmas") doesn't logically appear from my thread idea:)

although the Three Wise Men were bearing some pretty expensive gifts for Baby Jesus. But these were actually just to comemorate the occaison of his birth in the broader sense. Had they brought presents for Baby Jesus himself, it would have been the 1st century equivalent of diapers and baby wipes. You know, practical stuff.

And can have symbolical meanings too.;)

Last edited: