• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Democrats know how to do is incessantly whine about Trump

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Pretty sure those are the same things but the dude makes money for a reason.

Oh you're saying Matilda's father (Danny DeVito) said it right? "Of course it's cheating! No one ever got rich being honest..."

One of my favorite quotes actually, far as fictional character quotes go.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I'm starting to wonder if that's all Democrats know. They don't seem to be putting forward any good proposals and working hard to improve our country.

Of course what do you expect now. It's all the parties and its members know how to do apparently. And yes, it's aggravating.

Democrats scoff, boo, groan, glower at Trump's State of the Union

Requires sign in for link below to read....

Incessant whining by Democrats truly aggravating

Comment as you may....
As opposed to the last 8 years, when Republicans were all proactive solution seekers who never criticised anything without having something better to offer.

Hey, here's a wild idea! Maybe politically motivated obtuseness and contraryness is a bad thing whichever side does it!

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Oh you're saying Matilda's father (Danny DeVito) said it right? "Of course it's cheating! No one ever got rich being honest..."

One of my favorite quotes actually, far as fictional character quotes go.

This has been my whole issue with Trump actually :D. It is actually 99.99% of my issue with Trump in that to be a businessman you must display hyper bravado and be very cut throat oppose to being a politician. Politicians are expected although do not often comply with the notion of being a public servant and there at the expense of somebody else.

Essentially I just think that Trump cannot get his big, giant, throbbing, hard, erect :
EGO

out the way.

Kangaroo Feathers

I don't think I'll ever be able to forget the wild claims about Obama, that ranged from:

"He's a Muslim terrorist born in Kenya" to "Michelle's transgender, and their daughters are adopted"
I'm still waiting for the legions of people on the religious far right who literally claimed Obama was the literal Antichrist to get back to us about how they were mistaken and have learned from the experience.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I'm still waiting for the legions of people on the religious far right who literally claimed Obama was the literal Antichrist to get back to us about how they were mistaken and have learned from the experience.

In my experience, conservatives don't admit when they were wrong about a prediction. Like when they said he was going to take everyone's guns.

I couldn't believe when my niece came from school one day saying the teacher told her Hillary Clinton would take everyone's guns if elected. I told my niece I'm not telling her to go call her teacher wrong, but a school teacher should know better- that the Constitution doesn't give the president power to take guns.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Obama the anti-christ.....Trump the god-emperor...people
who say such things get far too much attention.

Kangaroo Feathers

In my experience, conservatives don't admit when they were wrong about a prediction. Like when they said he was going to take everyone's guns. I couldn't believe when my niece came from school one day saying the teacher told her Hillary Clinton would take everyone's guns if elected. I told my niece I'm not telling her to go call her teacher wrong, but a school teacher should know better- that the Constitution doesn't give the president power to take guns.
I don't think difficulty with acknowledgement of mistakes is limited to any particular "side" (and for the record, I'm a conservative and actually pretty vocal about some of our collective mistakes, particularly Middle Eastern policy) but some of the predictions invoking Obama as some sort of Manchurian candidate Muslim Communist Antichrist terrorist America destroyer were ridiculously crazy, and the failure of the people who made or believed them to acknowledge that with benefit of hindsight is a damning indictment of them.

That said, bad as Trump is, some of the claims and predictions being made about him today are treading toward similar territory, IMHO.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
That said, bad as Trump is, some of the claims and predictions being made about him today are treading toward similar territory, IMHO.

Sure, I understand. I also wonder if you grant that some of the claims like his seeming racism are legitimate? I am a pretty objective person, and I watched Trump say things and rile up his rally with comments I would have to call racist.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
I'm starting to wonder if that's all Democrats know. They don't seem to be putting forward any good proposals and working hard to improve our country.

Of course what do you expect now. It's all the parties and its members know how to do apparently. And yes, it's aggravating.

Comment as you may....

Wow, this was super easy to find. 2017 was a busy year.

Tax reform:
Democrats unveil tax plan that, unlike GOP’s, would actually help working families

Infrastructure:
https://www.democrats.senate.gov//f...inttoRebuildAmericasInfrastructure1.24.17.pdf

Health Care:
Democrats introduce public option health care bill

And of course protecting the numerous regulations and reforms that Trump and the Pubs have decide to revoke because "coal jobs."

No, it's not all whining, so you can stop whining about all the whining.

Kangaroo Feathers

Sure, I understand. I also wonder if you grant that some of the claims like his seeming racism are legitimate? I am a pretty objective person, and I watched Trump say things and rile up his rally with comments I would have to call racist.
Well, as for Trump personally, I don't claim to know what he thinks, but he sure gives the impression of being racist, but even if he, personally, isn't racist, he certainly and deliberately appeals to racists.

Plenty of the claims about him are true, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that there is a certain degree of pronouncing the worst possible imaginary scenario as fact among some of his detractors, much like there was with Obama... although in fairness, I've yet to see the anti-Trump doomagougues reach quite the same heights of paranoia and conspiracy as the anti Obama ones managed.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Comment as you may....
Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant - so are you suggesting Democrats follow in the spirit of cooperation that the GOP had during the Obama years.

Hypocrisy at its best.