• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All beliefs and anti-beliefs can be part of our worst problems

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I think that all beliefs, and all opposition to any beliefs, are part of our worst problems, when people use them to draw lines of alienation between themselves and others. Also, I don’t think that people call their views and ways of thinking “beliefs,” if they are not using them that way.

I think that the best thing that can happen to anyone, and what the world needs most of all, for all good purposes, is for people to learn to love, trust and follow the light in one or more of the personifications of God in some religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Baha’i Faith. I see that message at the heart and center of all those religions. Some ways of thinking can help more than others, in following that light, and the best ways of thinking for that purpose will vary from one person to another, but when those ways of thinking become beliefs or anti-beliefs, all they do is get in the way of seeing the light, and become the most popular excuses for animosities and hostilities, and people indulging their worst impulses.

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
Well put and not said enough here.

Although would the forum exist if that were lived out? So curse you jim for suggesting such a crazy idea.

Reactions: Jim

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think that the best thing that can happen to anyone, and what the world needs most of all, for all good purposes, is for people to learn to love, trust and follow the light in one or more of the personifications of God in some religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christians, Islam and the Baha’i Faith.

Which seems to imply morality and religion are connected. They aren't, or statistics would show atheists commiting significantly more crimes.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Well put and not said enough here.

Although would the forum exist if that were lived out? So curse you jim for suggesting such a crazy idea.
I think it will be happening more and more, which is another good reason for working on forum social development, to find other ways to keep the forums going.

David T

Premium Member
Which seems to imply morality and religion are connected. They aren't, or statistics would show atheists commiting significantly more crimes.
Since when is atheism Not religious? It merely disagrees at the detail level is all.

I might say the least biased on religious topics arent atheists but folks that have no idea about religion or atheism for that matter. Guess what they exist. i know as an atheist thats hard to imagine.

Besides, this sign contradicts your statement, and i read Jims intent as being in this vein. He wasnt attacking atheism you just sit in a different pew is all..
rose-city-park-united-methodist-church-god-prefers-kind-atheists-10587513.png

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Can you explain your reasoning, how you get from what I said, to atheists committing more crimes? That reminds me of the riddle about getting a flat tire, rowing an airplane across a lake. :smile:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Can you explain your reasoning, how you get from what I said, to atheists committing more crimes? That reminds me of the riddle about getting a flat tire, rowing an airplane across a lake. :smile:

You mentioned "personifications of God". Guess I'm just confused. What did you mean?

David T

Premium Member
I think it will be happening more and more, which is another good reason for working on forum social development, to find other ways to keep the forums going.
Thats an intetesting way of looking at it. This is a very new way of communicating so we all are learning it at the same time. People might disagree but there was about 500 years between the printng press and this digital form which seems like a long time to younger people.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Since when is atheism Not religious? It merely disagrees at the detail level is all.

I might say the least biased on religious topics arent atheists but folks that have no idea about religion or atheism for that matter. Guess what they exist. i know as an atheist thats hard to imagine.

Besides, this sign contradicts your statement, and i read Jims intent as being in this vein. He wasnt attacking atheism you just sit in a different pew is all..
View attachment 29686

Paragraph 1: It's not a religion.

Paragraph 2: Well, openmindedness and patience are good human qualities.

Paragraph 3: The pic doesn't point to anything.

Victor

If you are prepared to not live a story any longer but instead unify with the eternal. Recommend to check out Rav Michael Portnaar lesson on youtube, it is the only teaching of its kind in the world. You don't need to spend a single penny, all is completely free. If you listen with your heart and turn off the brain/the story we are all told. You will find amazing things may start to occur within you. Don't worry about the language or even if some words are incorrect or sound strange. That's just the mind distracting you. The audio lessons are easy to listen to, after few lessons you may find internally a completely new feeling of connection with the eternal. Try to leave all that you have learned with your brain out of it, it won't help you one bit to truly connect with the eternal Light. Does not matter what religion, faith or belief you may adhere to or what you learned before. Again it won't help you, if you truly wish to unify with the eternal. This information was never made available to the general public, prior to just a couple months ago. No one will try to sell you or promote a single thing, no donations, no books to buy, etc...

Jim

Nets of Wonder
You mentioned "personifications of God". Guess I'm just confused. What did you mean?
I’ll just give give some examples. For most Christians it’s Jesus. For some Hindus it’s Krishna. It’s some character in the stories and scriptures of a religion who stands in the place of God, where people look to see the light of God most clearly.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I’ll just give give some examples. For most Christians it’s Jesus. For some Hindus it’s Krishna. It’s some character in the stories and scriptures of a religion who stands in the place of God, where people look to see the light of God most clearly.

Who must atheists look to?

David T

Premium Member
Paragraph 1: It's not a religion.

Paragraph 2: Well, openmindedness and patience are good human qualities.

Paragraph 3: The pic doesn't point to anything.
Its not? Its completly dependent on religion. It doesnt exist if religion doesnt exist. So its totally dependent upon religion. As i already said there are people who literally exist that if religion instantly blinked out wouldnt sound crazy because they dont believe, they arent believers, they arent agnostic. Atheism would be a seen as a mental disorder.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Its not? Its completly dependent on religion. It doesnt exist if religion doesnt exist. So its totally dependent upon religion. As i already said there are people who literally exist that if religion instantly blinked out wouldnt sound crazy because they dont believe, they arent believers, they arent agnostic. Atheism would be a seen as a mental disorder.

Screenshot_20190605-204614~2.png

Give me something to work with, here. If you want me to link you to some statistics, I will see what I have. If you want to attack my first post in this thread, attack the actual points and statements. If you want me not to Critical think, that's a whole other problem entirely.

Victor

The external can keep you busy all your life with debates, philosophy, stories, books and opinions, taking you nowhere. All I can say is that it leads to nowhere. There is only one eternal and it is within you, deep within you but to connect with it on your own is very difficult, practically impossible, you need to be guided by someone that can help you take the very difficult steps, which otherwise you would not figure out on your own or maybe spend a lifetime doing it. As these steps are not intuitive ans are opposite to our way of earthly reasoning.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Who must atheists look to?
A person doesn’t need to have any god beliefs, or any other kinds of beliefs, to see the light in one or more of the religions, and follow it. In fact, as I said, all beliefs including god beliefs only get in the way, and facilitate people indulging their worst impulses.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
A person doesn’t need to have any god beliefs, or any other kinds of beliefs, to see the light in one or more of the religions, and follow it. In fact, as I said, all beliefs including god beliefs only get in the way, and facilitate people indulging their worst impulses.

I just don't understand. Why make atheists follow the Philosophical ideas of religions? How will it benefit them or society?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I just don't understand. Why make atheists follow the Philosophical ideas of religions? How will it benefit them or society?
It has nothing to do with following their philosophical ideas. Just the opposite. I think now that it’s a waste of my time and yours for me to respond to your posts, unless and until I see you talking to me, personally.

Victor

Well said, religions, philosophy are again external aspects that have to do with the masses/stories/traditions/beliefs, while truly each one us no matter atheist, Christian, Muslim, Jew etc... can and will eventually develop their own deep internal unity with the Light, whether we want to or not; as man was created for this purpose. Just a question you can do it on your and achieve unity beyond your current ability to comprehend or wait until the mechanisms of creation bend you into shape, which can be far more painful but also good in either case.