• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All atheists have these characteristics?

All atheists have these characteristics?

• All atheists are immoral hedonist.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All atheists treat science as their religion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I object to the word "Belief". My atheism isn't a belief, it is a position arrived at by (lack of) evidence.
Ah. I'm not particularly allergic to the term 'belief,' because I don't associate belief with a choice. I don't choose to not be persuaded by god claims, but none the less I do not believe any I've come across are true.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You would be surprised at how rotten skeptics get. Only a sith deals in absolutes, I will do what I must.
Only sith deals in absolutes is, in of itself, an absolute statement and kind of illustrates how blind Jedi are to their own ego within the story.
Also, atheism and skepticism aren't always overlapping. I've met skeptical theists and non-skeptical atheists.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How so? Atheism is the lack of.
To quote myself from another thread:
And as for nihilism, I wouldn't describe myself as one. Taking a purpose from what you suppose is a divine creator about what you suppose they want is no different to me than taking on a purpose from a self-help book. You're just accepting someone's opinion. Even if I believed in a creator I wouldn't automatically accept them as the arbiter of purpose, any more than I accept straws are meant to drink through rather than distribute and move droplets of ink on a page.
Contrary to beliving there is no purpose, I believe there's lots. To discover, to invent, then repurpose.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
All atheist are @Revoltingest. Needs to be an option. Its the only thing that explains how he is able to post so much! ;) Its a conspiracy I tell ya! Where is mah tin foil hat!?!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I object to the word "Belief". My atheism isn't a belief, it is a position arrived at by (lack of) evidence.
As is my want, I tend to take it a bit further and say that it isn't so much the lack of evidence, rather it is the less than stellar quality of said evidences. It all amounts to little more than authoritarian claptrap.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
All atheists are exactly like me. I am thirsty right now, so all atheists everywhere must be thirsty. Get us some water, please.
Nah. Atheists only drink beer. You must be a pseudo-atheist. :p

leibowde84

Veteran Member
All atheists have the characteristics as described in the poll?
Not even close. The only one that applies to all atheists is #1. The rest cannot reasonably or logically be applied to all atheists. If one believed that they did, they would be demonstrating extreme ignorance as to what atheism actually means.