• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aliens and religious beliefs.

cladking

I have to admit that I am losing interest in even responding to some posts. A pattern that expresses little interest in reason and evidence and offers none is just chasing ones tail in circles.

And here I thought you'd wait until tomorrow to claim you won the argument.

You'll never win an argument you don't engage and I doubt anyone but a few believers are fooled.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
While this is only remotely related to the OP, I do have two UFO encounters in my past.

Many years ago, when I was about 8-10 years old, I went with my family to the local grocery store. My dad decided to stay in the car and my brother and I decided to stay with him while my mom and sisters went shopping. It was evening and just getting dark. At some point I remember my dad saying something like, "That's not supposed to be there". My brother and I wanted to know what he was talking about and he pointed to what looked like a star that had just come out. I don't recall the position in the sky, but according to my father there wasn't supposed to be a star where it was. It was just a little pinprick of light in the darkening sky. We watched it for a long, long time and then, suddenly, it took off. Rather quickly, it disappeared into the distance. It could have been anything, but the perspective as I recall, and we talked about it then, it probably was too high to be helicopter. Alien spacecraft? Maybe. Who knows. Definitely an unidentified flying object.

The second UFO I observed was in my late teens. I was in the backyard of my childhood home and saw a fiery object streak across the daylight sky and ark down what looked like it was not too far from where I was. Probably a meteor flaming out in the atmosphere, but again, UFO. I couldn't be sure of the identification, but it was flying.

I have no problem believing in God and keeping an open mind to the potential existence of life on other planets around distant stars or even planets in our solar system other than Earth.