• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alien reptile cult murder

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Screw it. I think everyone needs to come to terms that we are in fact, The real Planet of the Apes*! "O]

*I tried to display my apeman dominance to my wife. ... She just laughed at me , and had me go out and get takeout to bring back for supper.
LOL. As Katrina and other natural disasters have proved, the thin veneer of civilization covering the "Naked Ape" (acknowledgement to Desmond Morris) quickly disappears in a survival situation.

Audie

Veteran Member
That's about 25% more than those killed in "gun deaths" of which 2/3s are suicides. I'd say no, but the gun banners seem to think it's more important than global warming. Go figure.

FWIW, guns are banned in Hong Kong, but balconies
on high rise apartments are not.

sooda

Veteran Member
What in the serious **** are you going on about? Facts are, the vast majority of those with a mental illness are not violent, and are far more likely to be victims of violence. Banning guns? Youll find nowhere that I have advocated such a thing (or bans in general). And in fact, not too long ago I myself brought up the fact that most gun deaths and violence are suicides and "heat of the moment."

Having possession of a gun "in the heat of the moment" isn't particularly healthy.

QuestioningMind

Nutjobs abound. The Democrats make a big deal about gun control but what our country really needs, and what all of the spectacular mass murders have in common, are better mental health care.

I agree... we definitely need to start taking care of our mentally ill. However, until we develop the financial and political will to do so, the very least we can do is make sure that everyone who buys a gun goes through a background check to make certain that they don't have any known mental issues.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What is this world coming to when a joke thread turns into a debate on guns. It must be those darn alien reptiles fault.

Road Warrior

I agree... we definitely need to start taking care of our mentally ill. However, until we develop the financial and political will to do so, the very least we can do is make sure that everyone who buys a gun goes through a background check to make certain that they don't have any known mental issues.
We already have those laws. Do you own a gun? Have you ever tried to buy one? Do you not know the process?

Road Warrior

What is this world coming to when a joke thread turns into a debate on guns. It must be those darn alien reptiles fault.
It's the Internet, Jake.

33begu.jpg

QuestioningMind

We already have those laws. Do you own a gun? Have you ever tried to buy one? Do you not know the process?

Actually, we don't. Federal background checks only apply to licensed firearm dealers, which only comprise about 78% of gun sales. The other 12% are sold by private individuals, mostly at gun shows. The NRA opposes the universal background checks that I am advocating, so don't try and claim that we already have such laws.

Yes I own a gun, Yes, I purchased said gun. And yes, I know the process.

Road Warrior

Actually, we don't. Federal background checks only apply to licensed firearm dealers, which only comprise about 78% of gun sales. The other 12% are sold by private individuals, mostly at gun shows. The NRA opposes the universal background checks that I am advocating, so don't try and claim that we already have such laws.

Yes I own a gun, Yes, I purchased said gun. And yes, I know the process.
So be honest; you want to ban private sales of guns. You want to pass laws like California which make it a felony for a father to give his 13 year old child a single shot .22 without the child going through a background check.

Road Warrior

With the possible exception of James Holmes, they had far-right politics in common
Are you blaming far right politics for making them crazy? I disagree. Politics doesn't make people crazy. Crazy people assert political and/or religious positions to justify their insanity. Do you really beleive that Islam makes people suicidal and murderous? Or do you accept that those people joined radical causes because they were already mentally unstable?

Road Warrior

You're talking about robbing people of their rights in order to justify the safety of society. How many other nations have tried this with very bad results?

Why do the anti-gunners want to ban private ownership of guns, leaving only the military and the police with guns, but they also hate the military and the police? WTF?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Are you blaming far right politics for making them crazy? I disagree. Politics doesn't make people crazy. Crazy people assert political and/or religious positions to justify their insanity. Do you really beleive that Islam makes people suicidal and murderous? Or do you accept that those people joined radical causes because they were already mentally unstable?
I believe extremism whether it is philosophical, political or religious in nature leads to fanaticism which in turns leads to mental instability which in turn lead people to do or say things that they wouldn't do or say before. History has proven me right.

Road Warrior

I believe extremism whether it is philosophical, political or religious in nature leads to fanaticism which in turns leads to mental instability which in turn lead people to do or say things that they wouldn't do or say before. History has proven me right.
In order to believe as you do, you'd have to believe people are as stupid as sheep. Collectively, yeah, let's say average, but certainly not as frickin' stupid as sheep.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
In order to believe as you do, you'd have to believe people are as stupid as sheep.
How else can you explain the Khmer Rouge, Nazis, Stalinists and KKK? They were all extremist and extremism invites hatred of the other and hatred invites rage and with rage comes madness. Whether left or right when we go to extremes when end up with insanity. It encourages insanity, feeds off insanity. It how these extremes get soldiers to do their works by promoting insanity: remember My Lai?. What is more stupid than being so inflamed by extremism that you don't even take into your account your own self-interest? That all you wish to do is hurt and injure the other because they are different or belong to the wrong tribe. When the only thing that fills your mind is vengeance and getting even with those whom you imagined harmed you. Take into account Elliot Rodgers, I doubt he would have done what he did if he hadn't gone to those misogynistic forums that were promoting hatred and blame towards women. Extremist beliefs and views had fuel to the fire

Road Warrior

How else can you explain the Khmer Rouge, Nazis, Stalinists and KKK? They were all extremist and extremism invites hatred of the other and hatred invites rage and with rage comes madness. Whether left or right when we go to extremes when end up with insanity. It encourages insanity, feeds off insanity. It how these extremes get soldiers to do their works by promoting insanity: remember My Lai?. What is more stupid than being so inflamed by extremism that you don't even take into your account your own self-interest? That all you wish to do is hurt and injure the other because they are different or belong to the wrong tribe. When the only thing that fills your mind is vengeance and getting even with those whom you imagined harmed you. Take into account Elliot Rodgers, I doubt he would have done what he did if he hadn't gone to those misogynistic forums that were promoting hatred and blame towards women. Extremist beliefs and views had fuel to the fire
Where are they now? True, aberrations happen, but they are short lived.

QuestioningMind

So be honest; you want to ban private sales of guns. You want to pass laws like California which make it a felony for a father to give his 13 year old child a single shot .22 without the child going through a background check.

Yep, if that's what it takes to make certain that mentally ill people don't get their hands on guns. Is there a reason why you are opposed to people having to be slightly inconvenienced in order to keep deadly weapons out of the hands of emotionally unstable people?

Road Warrior

Yep, if that's what it takes to make certain that mentally ill people don't get their hands on guns. Is there a reason why you are opposed to people having to be slightly inconvenienced in order to keep deadly weapons out of the hands of emotionally unstable people?
So why not ban private ownership of cars? You know, just to be safe? Why not force everyone to live under a curfew? You know just to stop criminal activity at night? At what point do you seek to limit authoritarian control over honest citizens just to satisfy your own fears?