• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Jones to pay 49.3 million in Sandy Hook civil case.

74x12

People have a duty to be accurate when making comments that can harm others. One can be convicted for not knowing what he had a duty to know before speaking.
Man you're all so unselfaware. It must be nice not seeing how you really all are. But I see it clearly. Look at all your pathetic mainstream media news sources. CNN, ABC, CBS all of them. They'd all be gone by your rules. Do you know often they are wrong? How often they say things that can cause harm to people? Do you realize how often are caught even lying? You probably don't even care. You're sold out to the cause. You don't care about truth, honesty, integrity, fairness or the rule of law.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Man you're all so unselfaware. It must be nice not seeing how you really all are. But I see it clearly. Look at all your pathetic mainstream media news sources. CNN, ABC, CBS all of them. They'd all be gone by your rules. Do you know often they are wrong? How often they say things that can cause harm to people? Do you realize how often are caught even lying? You probably don't even care. You're sold out to the cause. You don't care about truth, honesty, integrity, fairness or the rule of law.
No, when those sources, such as CNN was inaccurate about the student that did nothing when confronted by a Native American was, they are also financially responsible. The damage done to that student was far less than the damage done by Alex Jones. I did not see you complaining about that verdict.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The trial was rigged joke.

Is this the standard response now for whenever conservatives don't like a verdict? Even in winning, that MAGA woman running for governor in Arizona, when declaring victory, said that her side overcame the election fraud.

Basically Democrats want to destroy every institution if they can't always get their own way.

You're projecting. They weren't the ones behind the attempted coup.

How are they defenseless to refuse?

People lacking critical thinking skills cannot evaluate the arguments made to them. They decide who they trust, which seems to usually be histrionic and bombastic people like Jones trying to manipulate and exploit them, and then believe whatever they hear uncritically, because they know of no other way to process information.

Or did you think that they sometimes say, "I wonder if that's the truth?" or "Is that a moral position to take?" I can assure you that that would be extremely rare. Do you ever listen to these people? I do. Not smart, and not nice.

"intellectual and moral weakness"

Yes. Both.

By the way you would think they could find something more damning if Alex Jones was as evil as they claim he is.

They did. The verdict wasn't for the perjury. It was for the malicious and destructive slander. Besides the perjury charges, Jones has two more Sandy Hook defendant to face, as well as the DOJ and January 6th select committee.

You act like abortion was illegalized.

They did their best. Nobody believes that the Court wants the states to make these decisions. They would take that right away as well. They want abortion criminalized in all fifty states. You didn't believe them, did you? Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Comey are all perjurers as well. You shouldn't believe people who lie to accomplish their agenda.

Parents should decide what their kids learn in school.

Nope. Parents aren't the consumer of public education. The public is, and is represented by school boards that decide the curricula according to societal needs. It doesn't matter how parents feel about sex education. What matters is how the community feels about it being taught. Parent who don't approve have no say over their children's curriculum except to find a private school they like.

You don't care about truth, honesty, integrity, fairness or the rule of law.

I'm not a Republican. I'm a liberal humanist. Those are core values of humanism, but are not part of the Republican experience apart from a few outliers like Kinzinger and Cheney.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If you're going to charge them then you need to prove they were in on it.
Of course. There were people there who were part of a conspiracy to commit insurrection. And there were people there who were not part of a conspiracy to commit insurrection.

You said
You'd have to prove that everyone there was in on some kind of conspiracy. Perhaps a few morons were really trying to take over the government in some hapless idiotic way. But the majority of them were just protestors.
This is obviously absurd. You don’t have to prove everybody there was in on it. Everybody was not in on it. But many people were, even you admit that some morons were trying to take over the government. That is conspiracy to insurrection. They should be charged with that. And some already have.

Those who committed vandalism should be charged with vandalism. Those who did not commit vandalism should not be charged with vandalism.

Those who assaulted police officers should be charged with assaulting police officers.

Those who commit trespass should be charged with trespass.

And those who committed insurrection should be charged with insurrection.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well just look at it this way. They supported social media giants (monopolies really) censoring speech and now they support the government using courts to censor and suppress speech. Alex Jones is just the test case. From here they can go after other talk shows and anyone who questions any "official" narratives. There is no Alex Jones exception. It's about going after people's ability to question things and think for themselves.

So ... my point is that they will always support silencing the opposition but once they've violated all rights then they also will have no rights. We'll see how they like it. I already said they get what they deserve.

Exactly the reason I countered the judgment.

But...

It's hard to argue that because people are simply too nearsighted and obtuse, and just think with a one track mind that your protecting Alex Jones and hate the families.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Man you're all so unselfaware. It must be nice not seeing how you really all are. But I see it clearly. Look at all your pathetic mainstream media news sources. CNN, ABC, CBS all of them.
When I see the far right attack media as a whole or at least the mainstream media, I am immediately curious what the far right extremist uses. They are typically shy about admitting what they consume, and that is usually because they know their sources are LESS reputable and truthful than the media they are attacking.

So how courageous are you? What media do you consume?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Exactly the reason I countered the judgment.

But...

It's hard to argue that because people are simply too nearsighted and obtuse, and just think with a one track mind that your protecting Alex Jones and hate the families.
You appear to be projecting very extremely here.

Do you understand yet why the decision against Jones was just?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now it turns our some Left leaning criminals, in the FBI, conspired to bury the Hunter Biden laptop evidence, by publicly treating this hard evidence as misinformation. This deception was echoed by other members of the Cabal. We may need to address all who participated and benefited by this crime. Biden may not have won the 2020 election without these criminals in his corner. When Trump said the election was stolen, he may have been right. This will be made right by impeachment, with that evidence.

Right now, the government has its hands full reviewing Republicans' emails and text messages from multiple government agencies and individuals evaluating their failed attempt to steal the election, including Jones. Also, Hunter Biden doesn't matter, and even if he did, surely you don't expect the left to care what the right wants, do you? Why would it? It declared war on the left decades ago. These are not fellow anythings any more.

Well just look at it this way. They supported social media giants (monopolies really) censoring speech and now they support the government using courts to censor and suppress speech. Alex Jones is just the test case. From here they can go after other talk shows and anyone who questions any "official" narratives. There is no Alex Jones exception. It's about going after people's ability to question things and think for themselves. So ... my point is that they will always support silencing the opposition but once they've violated all rights then they also will have no rights. We'll see how they like it. I already said they get what they deserve.

I'd say that the left is getting what it deserves now. And I expect it to go on through at least the end of 2023.

We've got clip after clip from the prosecution admitting their motives are to shut Alex Jones down and they even admit they want to go after other people as well with similar so called "trials"

I don't have a problem with that. Do you think I should? If so, why?

People's ability to make informed decisions is not up to you or any other wannabe know it alls.

The left supports people making informed decisions. In fact, it's essential to the survival of the republic, which presently sits at the precipice of the abyss due to there being so many such uninformed decisions.

But your totalitarian attempts to silence opposition voices suggests that your side's arguments are weak and failing.

I'd say that framing making a slanderer pay his victims as totalitarianism suggests that you have no argument.

you get what you deserve when the means you use against your opponents is turned against you as well.

Hear, hear. The sleeping giant is stirring. The right deserves no better than it offers. No kindness, no empathy, no bonhomie, not even a handshake. Unity is off the table not just because the Republicans are uninterested, but because by now it should be apparent that these aren't people to be trusted even if they ever do reach out.

averageJOE

zombie
Kim here explains the judgement. This payout has nothing to do with what he said about Sandy Hook or anything. He is NOT being held liable for his words. This is a default judgement based on the fact that he missed a court dead line. Basically, a technicality. But most importantly, why Alex Jones himself most likely will be paying FAR less, if anything at all, by explaining Texas law. My opinion, as much of a scum bag as he is, this time next year Alex Jones will still be doing Alex Jones.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Kim here explains the judgement. This payout has nothing to do with what he said about Sandy Hook or anything. He is NOT being held liable for his words. This is a default judgement based on the fact that he missed a court dead line. Basically, a technicality. But most importantly, why Alex Jones himself most likely will be paying FAR less, if anything at all, by explaining Texas law. My opinion, as much of a scum bag as he is, this time next year Alex Jones will still be doing Alex Jones.

A self proclaimed expert on YouTube. Yes, he "lost by default" but that was just a legal strategy of his because he knew that he was going to lose. I do not think that any higher court will pay too much heed to the "it was a technicality" claim since it was not. He knew that he would lost that way, he had been warned and had more than time enough to turn over records. Worse yet for Alex he had admitted to openly lying in this recent case which was on how high the fines would be.

Jones is facing even more lawsuits and the evidence and testimony from this one will haunt him in those as well.

F1fan

Veteran Member

The plaintiff attorneys are surely working on contingency so if Jones doesn't pay they get nothing. They surely know enough about how to collect to not worry about it. When someone loses a civil case and must ay damages, and they don't pay, then there are measures though the courts, like placing liens on property and bank accounts. Jones could do things to avoid this, but given his lawyers seem pretty careless I doubt they covered his ***. Once a judgment is made there is no legal way to protect assets without it being fraud. I'm not sure if his assets are in corporate accounts, that may offer some protection.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The plaintiff attorneys are surely working on contingency so if Jones doesn't pay they get nothing. They surely know enough about how to collect to not worry about it. When someone loses a civil case and must ay damages, and they don't pay, then there are measures though the courts, like placing liens on property and bank accounts. Jones could do things to avoid this, but given his lawyers seem pretty careless I doubt they covered his ***. Once a judgment is made there is no legal way to protect assets without it being fraud. I'm not sure if his assets are in corporate accounts, that may offer some protection.
I have to admit that I did not watch it, but I linked a YouTube video from the trial of a forensic accountant that was hired to go over Jones's assets. he has plenty of money. The video did have a very short synopsis of his findings and I am sure that if one searches YouTube using "Jones trial forensic accountant" that it will pop right up.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/alex-jones-damages-sandy-hook-shooting-1.6542279

First it was 4.1 million in compensatory damages and just now another 45.2 million in punitive damages.

This amount may yet change, but there are still other cases to come.

“Alex Jones has learned that 'speech is free, but lies you have to pay for,' says lawyer”
And now another judgment has been handed down for almost a billion dollars. That is in addition to the other settlement.

Jury awards nearly $1 billion to Sandy Hook families in Alex Jones case | CNN Business

And I think there is one more case to go.