• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alchemy and Luciferianism

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Just thought I'd start this up again since I have absolutely no interest in an "same faith debate" on the subject, which is why I specifically posted it here.

I have been very interested in alchemy in theory and symbolic practice, and it seems it goes along quite while with the Luciferian's path. The concept of trasmutating yourself into gold is a straight up representation of seeking self "perfection" no matter if you see it as literally esoteric, symbolic, etc.

Any thoughts from any Luciferians?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I've heard the traditional stages of alchemy likened to a spiritual journey, but never cared to research further. Hermeticism is weird. :D

Premium Member
I've heard the traditional stages of alchemy likened to a spiritual journey, but never cared to research further. Hermeticism is weird. :D

Haha you've got that right! Somehow I never even realized the symbolism I've personally adopted was even related to Hermeticism though, nor that it was even alchemy at one point. Then again, such groups would probably consider me some sort of blasphemer because of the non-magical and purely, subjectively symbolic way I view such practices.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Haha you've got that right! Somehow I never even realized the symbolism I've personally adopted was even related to Hermeticism though, nor that it was even alchemy at one point. Then again, such groups would probably consider me some sort of blasphemer because of the non-magical and purely, subjectively symbolic way I view such practices.
So, according to the omniscient Wikipedia:

Nigredo - Dark Night of the Soul
Albedo - Confrontation with the Shadow (might fall under Nigredo) and refining the Ego via removal of false images
Citrinitas - Merging the Ego and Shadow
Rubedo - Wholeness

Voila! The Magnus Opus.

Premium Member
So, according to the omniscient Wikipedia:

Nigredo - Dark Night of the Soul
Albedo - Confrontation with the Shadow (might fall under Nigredo) and refining the Ego via removal of false images
Citrinitas - Merging the Ego and Shadow
Rubedo - Wholeness

Voila! The Magnus Opus.

I found something that said

Nigredo - The Shadow and dealing with that

Albedo - The anima, dealing with your masculine / feminine side (depending one what sex you are)

Citrinitas - Merging the Ego and unconscious

Rubedo - Wholeness

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
There are as many different schema for the stages of alchemical process as their are alchemical texts.

The idea that any magical order worth belonging to would find your nontheism blasphemous is giving yourself too much credit. Plenty of vaguely atheist members of the OTOs and Golden Dawns who consider their ritual experiences to be an epiphenomena of something entirely natural and just as profound.

Premium Member
There are as many different schema for the stages of alchemical process as their are alchemical texts.

The idea that any magical order worth belonging to would find your nontheism blasphemous is giving yourself too much credit. Plenty of vaguely atheist members of the OTOs and Golden Dawns who consider their ritual experiences to be an epiphenomena of something entirely natural and just as profound.

I can't honestly say I know much about the Hermetic orders. I more interpret some things that they seem to believe in my own ways and use that. I probably could not explain many (if any) Hermetic beliefs the way they believe it rather than how I interpret them.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I don't know enough. only what i said in the other thread

Orias

Left Hand Path
Alchemy is something that tends to have a certain flavor to it, each alchemist that becomes aware of his ability to transmute energies eventually ends up taking on a sort of specialization or class of technique.