• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alan Watts on "Ex nihilo nihil fit"

Beyondo

Brain is not the center of consciousness; the hara is:

Centering Awareness for Peace & Justice

"In many cultures, spiritual practice and philosophy of being have recognized the center of the body to be the center of consciousness and the point of access to transpersonal power. From ancient times, many cultures have developed customs which energize the body's center with specific patterns of movement and breath. These customs have persisted as traditions of dance, healing rites, martial arts, and practices such as yoga and hara-training. (Hara is the Japanese word for the body's center both as physical site and as center of consciousness.)

Recent research in Western science joins with these ancient traditions to suggest that consciousness is not localized in the brain but rather is spread throughout and beyond the body. If consciousness is indeed a field, then we're apt to address the field as a whole by addressing its center. If the field of consciousness spreads throughout the body, then we're apt to address the center of consciousness by addressing the center of the body.

The center of the body is already known to be our center of gravity and the center of our electromagnetic field as well."

Honoring Your Belly: selected essays, 1

Right...Let's where is the FDA of eastern mysticism that at least tries to prevent nuts like godnotgod from taking advantage of people by making claims of eastern mystic herbal cures to everything? Is it the Dalai Lama? No...How about shaolin Monks? No...who could it be?

Oh I forgot one doesn't need such regulation because its all an illusion! :tribal:

Beyondo

Consciousness Drives The Universe

[youtube]y9bVd3BspIQ[/youtube]
YouTube - Consciousness Drives The Universe

Ah...Let's see Buddha came around, what? 2500 years ago? Modern man has been around what, 70,000 years? Let's see, according to the great karma rule one is incarnated into an animal because that consciousness' incarnated self did something wrong. Well if that's the case then 3.5 billion years ago simple life started but no higher organisms that could be punished lived. So was planet earth just a penal colony for some other planet with conscious life? Then about 500 million years ago life began to really diversify and complex life forms arose. I guess the simple nano-bacteria got some good karma in 3 billion years! :jiggy: But then there were some pretty bad life extinguishing events that happen that tried to remove life on earth many times. That means the karma police made a mistake with the nano-bacteria or the dinosaurs were in-moral animals! :jiggy: But after one of the life extinguishing events came the opportunity for mammals and 60 to 70 million years later man. So I guess the karma police realized that it was all mistake and decided to give the souls stuck on earth a way out through man! But Buddha doesn't arrive with his great message until some 67 thousand years after modern man, the only way out for any consciousness. Sounds like the karma police haven't got thier act together....

Oh I forgot this is all an illusion...:thud:

Last edited:

Beyondo

I'd like to state there is one virtue of Buddhism that I do admire and that is; I don't know of one Buddhist inquisition or repressive institution of historical record. Something in the teachings of Buddhism controls temperament, fear and irrational judgment. I take the good and chuck the bad. With that said I do not believe or agree with eastern philosophical notions of physics or their interpretation of modern physics. Especially since modern physics is still evolving.

What Buddhism has sparked in me, along with authors such as John Schumaker, is the idea of a modern or engineered spiritual philosophy that provides the many benefits of a religion but does away with the mysticism and demands validation. Personal interpretations of spiritual experiences are not forms of validation. With that said Buddhism should be studied from a sociological and psychological perspective that identifies those features of the religion that appear to make for a more gentle civilization...

godnotgod

Thou art That
Ah, let's see Max Planck got it from Decartes! But Beyondo has gone a step further by demonstrating that chaos, as standing waves interacting with one another, can and do converge on patterns! So such a matrix need not be conscious...

Oh But I forgot the great Buddhist godnotgod has zero computer skills to either duplicate the approach Beyondo describes or find fault in it, other than it conflicts with his mysticism.

Beyondo, your obviously defensive and self-congratulatory stance is a dead giveaway, pointing directly to your insecurity about your little pet theory, so you use pedantry and egotism to drive your square peg into your round hole, thereby convincing yourself that reality neatly fits your concept.

Come now, Beyondo. We don't leave Square One until you show us the mind you claim the brain creates is real.

Never mind Buddhism. You want to take me to task about it when I already told you that I am not a Buddhist. You seem threatened by it, though you claim it is dead and in the grave. Whussshha matta? You afraid of ghosts?:D Boo!

godnotgod

Thou art That
Right...Let's where is the FDA of eastern mysticism that at least tries to prevent nuts like godnotgod from taking advantage of people by making claims of eastern mystic herbal cures to everything? Is it the Dalai Lama? No...How about shaolin Monks? No...who could it be?

Oh I forgot one doesn't need such regulation because its all an illusion! :tribal:

No one can verify your chaos theory about virtual reality, but they can indeed verify, via of their own direct experience, that the hara, and not the brain, is the center of consciousness.

You are, once again, demonstrating your ignorance of Eastern thought by attempting to equate it with superstition and tribal man. You should know better than that. Eastern thought is about transcendence of belief, not immersion in it. Remember?

The tactic you employ is equivalent to that of the Christian believer who tries to belittle Buddhism by equating it with nothing more than "self-improvement", which would amount to such trivialities such as manicures and shampoos.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Ah...Let's see Buddha came around, what? 2500 years ago? Modern man has been around what, 70,000 years? Let's see, according to the great karma rule one is incarnated into an animal because that consciousness' incarnated self did something wrong. Well if that's the case then 3.5 billion years ago simple life started but no higher organisms that could be punished lived. So was planet earth just a penal colony for some other planet with conscious life? Then about 500 million years ago life began to really diversify and complex life forms arose. I guess the simple nano-bacteria got some good karma in 3 billion years! :jiggy: But then there were some pretty bad life extinguishing events that happen that tried to remove life on earth many times. That means the karma police made a mistake with the nano-bacteria or the dinosaurs were in-moral animals! :jiggy: But after one of the life extinguishing events came the opportunity for mammals and 60 to 70 million years later man. So I guess the karma police realized that it was all mistake and decided to give the souls stuck on earth a way out through man! But Buddha doesn't arrive with his great message until some 67 thousand years after modern man, the only way out for any consciousness. Sounds like the karma police haven't got thier act together....

Oh I forgot this is all an illusion...:thud:

It is, but that is beside the point. You forgot that it was an illusion because your conditioned mind pulled you back into believing that it is real, because that is what you have been indoctrinated with, an indoctrination that is still hard-wired into your brain.

You have Buddhism confused with the Abrahamic religions, where a Cop administers punishment for bad behavior, and reward for good. Buddhism requires no such enforcer of Cosmic Law, as karma is automatic, like physics. You create negative vibes, and they come back to you, that's all. Same is true for good vibes. This has always been the case. Karma existed before Buddha ever came on the scene. All Buddha did was to understand it and teach how it functions out of great compassion for the suffering of others. Actually, the notion of karma was already inside Hinduism before the Buddha's appearance.

If you really understood, you would know that, as real as it all seems, it is just One Big Act, even down to the sub-atomic level. In fact, Beyondo, you yourself are part of it all, playing the part of The Learned Explainer. Trouble is, you haven't yet reached the point of realization where all explanations, via of Science, Analysis, Logic, Mathematics, and Reason, simply will not do.

As Watts tells us, it is much simpler than all that. Much, much simpler. :D

Suffering comes when one is taken in by the illusion, believing it to be real, and then acting upon that belief.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Something in the teachings of Buddhism controls temperament, fear and irrational judgment.

Which may point to the fact that they are on the right track.

What Buddhism has sparked in me... is the idea of a modern or engineered spiritual philosophy that provides the many benefits of a religion but does away with the mysticism and demands validation.
The mysticism is the pathway that is absolutely necessary to the realization of one's own Enlightenment. Sorry! Enlightenment simply cannot be realized via of the thinking mind. Again, this is not about a doctrine of belief in a god; it is about a direct spiritual experience which requires no validation, but which is verifiable nonetheless. The spiritual experience is not mandated to prove anything to anyone.

Personal interpretations of spiritual experiences are not forms of validation.
Once again, I need to correct you: the spiritual experience is not a personal interpretation of reality that is subject to distortion: it is an impersonal experience of a universal nature.

With that said Buddhism should be studied from a sociological and psychological perspective that identifies those features of the religion that appear to make for a more gentle civilization...
Study is not enough. It must be practiced for the results you admire to come to fruition. Study alone will only produce doctrine and belief, and we all know where those lead.

Understand: Buddhism is not a philosophy, though philosophy is part of the path to realization.

"Buddha said his teaching was like a raft, to be used simply as a means of crossing the ocean of birth and death. On one occasion he asked, "And when you are across, will you continue to carry the raft on your head?" This indeed is what we have done. Not only have we carried the raft on our head, we have also put it into glass cases in museums. We have studied, analyzed, and reproduced it; we have asked "who really made it, what is it made of, how was it made, when was it made, what kind of wood was used?" These and so many other questions have been asked of it. Far from using the teaching to cross the ocean and then letting it go, we have even brought it into the living room, have tried to find a place for it among the rest of the furniture."

http://www.zenmontreal.ca/en/teacher/zenandsutras.htm

Last edited:

Beyondo

It is, but that is beside the point. You forgot that it was an illusion because your conditioned mind pulled you back into believing that it is real, because that is what you have been indoctrinated with, an indoctrination that is still hard-wired into your brain.

You have Buddhism confused with the Abrahamic religions, where a Cop administers punishment for bad behavior, and reward for good. Buddhism requires no such enforcer of Cosmic Law, as karma is automatic, like physics. You create negative vibes, and they come back to you, that's all. Same is true for good vibes. This has always been the case. Karma existed before Buddha ever came on the scene. All Buddha did was to understand it and teach how it functions out of great compassion for the suffering of others. Actually, the notion of karma was already inside Hinduism before the Buddha's appearance.

If you really understood, you would know that, as real as it all seems, it is just One Big Act, even down to the sub-atomic level. In fact, Beyondo, you yourself are part of it all, playing the part of The Learned Explainer. Trouble is, you haven't yet reached the point of realization where all explanations, via of Science, Analysis, Logic, Mathematics, and Reason, simply will not do.

As Watts tells us, it is much simpler than all that. Much, much simpler. :D

Suffering comes when one is taken in by the illusion, believing it to be real, and then acting upon that belief.

Ah...You didn't get the point...the span of the existence of life on earth conflicts with the notions of eastern religious philosophy. In other words if Maya has such organization for life, and even strategies to persist, then why is it that eastern religious thinkers or mediators not give details as to genetics, DNA, biological systems, the evolution of life? You have all the "answers to physics" but biology is a complete vacuum.

Beyondo

The mysticism is the pathway that is absolutely necessary to the realization of one's own Enlightenment. Sorry! Enlightenment simply cannot be realized via of the thinking mind. Again, this is not about a doctrine of belief in a god; it is about a direct spiritual experience which requires no validation, but which is verifiable nonetheless. The spiritual experience is not mandated to prove anything to anyone.

I rest my case...mysticism it is and mysticism it will remain. I say you are stuck in my version of Maya, you like the "blue pill". I on the other had looked for an option, not necessarily the means by which things happen but at least a workable solution. So how is this helpful? One: If I can demonstrate plausible approaches that are not conventional but do not disagree with experiment then others will follow and challenge the status quo. Two: Looking at things differently isn't a waste of time as many Buddhist and other eastern religious figures claim. Looking at nature for the inspiration of ideas is what science is all about, validation is what makes science different from religion. If I'm right then humanity hit the lotto! The challenge is in trying to validate it. In the end society is better off diversifying investigation rather than focusing on one solution that may never realize real results.

If, as you call it "my pet theory", is wrong, soo what. I haven't invested my entire life to it. I explore it as a hobby, an interesting past time of many options and activities I participate in. I can compare and scrutinize other theories and see the value in each one. But if Buddha is wrong, you've wasted an entire life ignoring good ideas...:cool:

Beyondo

Come now, Beyondo. We don't leave Square One until you show us the mind you claim the brain creates is real.

Mind in western thinking is the id, persona, self. You know the one that is calling me an egotist. The you that desires, the you that suffers, the you that believes in Buddhism. This "you" is produced by the brain and proven by experiment that the self/mind is caused by the brain, the conditioned self as you call it.

Now you claim that the self is an illusion...whatever toots your horn baby. :D

You go about believing that karma is physics and the poor are those who lived somekind of immoral past life and therefore deserve to live the life of squaller, hunger, disease, persecution and torture. Its karma, what comes around goes around.

I leave the Buddhist temple not with enlightenment but a few good ideas, none of which deal with the concepts of reality or physics, I can see some virtues but not substantial solutions that can deal with economic and political problems.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Ah...You didn't get the point...the span of the existence of life on earth conflicts with the notions of eastern religious philosophy. In other words if Maya has such organization for life, and even strategies to persist, then why is it that eastern religious thinkers or mediators not give details as to genetics, DNA, biological systems, the evolution of life? You have all the "answers to physics" but biology is a complete vacuum.

This may help:

What Is Egotism?

So maya, the first cause...consists of seeing the Absolute through the screen of time, space, and causation -- and we continue to see it thus because of egotism. What is this egotism?

Those of you who have read Erwin Schrödinger's little book, What is Life?, may already see that egotism is a genetic invention to keep a living organism alive. Egotism is a genetic invention required by this necessity.

Prime Directives

The prime directives of the genetic programming are to direct a stream of negative entropy upon the organism and to pass on the genetic line. And the egotism required for the fulfillment of these prime directives is what Sri Ramakrishna referred to as the "unripe ego." The discrimination is made between the organism and its environment for the sake of fulfilling these directives. Sri Ramakrishna*, when speaking to men, referred to these prime directives as "woman and gold" -- "gold" for directing a stream of negative entropy upon the organism, and "woman" for passing on the genetic line. When speaking to women, he said "men and gold." He often said, when speaking to men, "maya is nothing but woman and gold."

Genetic Programming

It should be noted that this language -- "genetic programming" -- was not current in Sri Ramakrishna's day. So far as I know, some of the first things that were published on the subject of genetics were Mendel's experiments, and I don't think they hit the press until 1900. But if we translate Sri Ramakrishna's remarks into that language, they say very clearly that maya is nothing but our genetic programming.

You remember that the question was not how the Absolute has become the Universe, but rather why do we continue to see it that way. And the answer is that it is because of egotism, and that egotism turns out to be nothing but our genetic programming. It is this genetic expectation that keeps the wool pulled over our eyes. It is the expectation that by following the dictates of the genes we'll reach the peace and security of the changeless, the freedom of the infinite, and the bliss of the undivided. But that is just a genetic mirage.

We are programmed to eat, breathe, and mate. But not so fast! It goes in steps, and the male programming for passing on the genetic line goes like this: In the absence of females, seek females; in the presence of females, select. In the presence of a selected female, start a conversation. Ask her where she's from. Ask her where she's going. Ask her out to dinner. And the rest you know. We are all descended from ancestors who were programmed this way and who passed on the genetic line.

The Equations of Maya

Continue reading further down the page to the section titled: Counter-cheating the Genes. The East has long told us that our biological makeup is actually geared against our becoming enlightened. That is one reason why our authentic self is so hidden, that it seems non-existent, and why it is so very difficult to achieve the higher state. Nature is pulling us in the opposite direction!

Ultimately, the attainment of Higher Consciousness can be viewed as one of the life games. There are lower and higher games. The Religion Game, for example, has the goal of Salvation. The Art Game the goal of Beauty. The Science Game that of Knowledge. The Master Game, the hardest of all games to play, has the goal of Spiritual Awakening. See the book: "The Master Game" by Arthur deRopp for further discussion about the life games.

*Ramakrishna: a Hindu spiritual teacher.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I rest my case...mysticism it is and mysticism it will remain.

You are putting words in my mouth. It never was mysticism. That is just the pathway to Higher Consciousness. It simply means that the intuitive mind, rather than the logical mind, is the way to get there.

I say you are stuck in my version of Maya, you like the "blue pill". I on the other had looked for an option, not necessarily the means by which things happen but at least a workable solution. So how is this helpful? One: If I can demonstrate plausible approaches that are not conventional but do not disagree with experiment then others will follow and challenge the status quo. Two: Looking at things differently isn't a waste of time as many Buddhist and other eastern religious figures claim. Looking at nature for the inspiration of ideas is what science is all about, validation is what makes science different from religion. If I'm right then humanity hit the lotto! The challenge is in trying to validate it. In the end society is better off diversifying investigation rather than focusing on one solution that may never realize real results.

If, as you call it "my pet theory", is wrong, soo what. I haven't invested my entire life to it. I explore it as a hobby, an interesting past time of many options and activities I participate in. I can compare and scrutinize other theories and see the value in each one. But if Buddha is wrong, you've wasted an entire life ignoring good ideas...:cool:

In the meantime, society is like the man who is fatally shot with an arrow, and who refuses a doctor's help when he offers to remove it to save the man's life, insisting instead on first knowing the details of the arrow, its maker, etc. The man will die before his questions can be answered. That is exactly why the Buddha refused to answer questions re: the origins of the universe. He wanted people to pay attention to their immediate condition of suffering, and so, he developed the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path.

Buddhism addresses reality as it exists now, and provides a means by which real happiness can be realized now. In other words, it properly places the horse ahead of the cart, putting man in the best possible position so that he can see correctly. It does not tell man what to see or how to see. That is for doctrine and belief. Each man is a unit of society. When each man finds real happiness and stability within, he makes for a happier, more stable society. Quite simple. And it is not achieved via of philosophy, doctrine, belief, religion, morality, etc., but just by a spiritual transformation of the mind. We don't need any new theories or models about the universe. The universe is already complete just as it is. WE are the universe. There is nothing to do, except to Be Here Now, and being here now is not about being right or wrong. It is just about seeing reality just as it is. Nothing less, nothing more.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Mind in western thinking is the id, persona, self. You know the one that is calling me an egotist. The you that desires, the you that suffers, the you that believes in Buddhism. This "you" is produced by the brain and proven by experiment that the self/mind is caused by the brain, the conditioned self as you call it.

Where is this "you" located? There is only calling, desiring, suffering and believing, without a caller, desirer, sufferer, or believer.

So if "you" is the conditioned self, then it is not real, as compared to the authentic self. It is just a collection of values input by societal indoctrination and the genes which creates the illusion of an "I". In other words, "I" is self-created.

Perhaps we can pay "you" a visit in "your" parlor inside your brain and have a cup of tea together?:D

godnotgod

Thou art That
More about the center of consciousness being somewhere other than the brain:

Kundalini is seen as an "energy" that usually resides "asleep" at the base of the spine. When this energy is "awakened" it rises slowly up the spinal canal to the top of the head. This may mark the beginning of a process of enlightenment.

Kundalini%20awakens%20Brain.jpg

"The kindling phenomenon speeds up the electrical loop system, which exists between the thalamus and the cortex. This extra supply of energy from lower centers causes a diffuse activation of the whole cortex reflected by increased synchronization and coherence of brain wave activity within all frequency bands. As the energy flows from the thalamus to the cortex and awakens latent or unused parts of the brain (especially in the frontal lobes) the whole brain begins to pulse as a unit generating coherent, high amplitude brain waves within a broad frequency spectrum. During rest maximum amplitude will be in the alpha band but during intense focus high amplitude beta and gamma waves will prevail, especially in the frontal area.

Kundalini and modern physics

Interestingly this mechanism can be related to modern physics. A ‘condensate’ is a substance whose molecules have a greater order and coherence than normal. In a ‘Bose-Einstein condensate’ the molecules not only have a high degree of order but they also overlap and the condensate behaves like a unit. Examples of ‘Bose-Einstein condensates’ in inorganic matter are superconductors and laser beams. However a scientist by the name Herbert Frohlich showed that by feeding extra energy to the cell walls of living tissue, the cells would line up in the most orderly, condensed way we know – the ‘Bose-Einstein condensate’ – and the cell walls would start acting as a unit.

Apparently, when the brain is supplied with an extra amount of high grade energy (Kundalini) it becomes a ‘Bose-Einstein condensate’. Thus following Kundalini awakening, the brain turns into a super-conductor with a focus like a laser beam."

Kundalini,%20Superconductor.jpg

"....science cannot prove that consciousness can survive death; however, research is underway right now that may provide scientific evidence that consciousness can exist outside of the body. ...science has a lot of explaining to do if tries to claim that consciousness does not survive death.

A good analogy of one current theory of consciousness assumes that consciousness is not localized in the skull. Assuming consciousness is like a television signal that exists in the air waves and is being processed by a television set (the brain) to produce images on the screen (brain chemistry) representing a television program (a near-death experience). Using this analogy, current scientific theories claim that the near-death experience is a product of the television set. In other words, the television program is a product of the television set. Using the analogy, this would be false because it is the television signal working with the television that produces the television program. Some scientific claims state that death is the end of consciousness - like shutting of the television set is the end of the television signal in the air waves. Using this analogy, you can see that such a statement is false. Shutting off the television does not affect the television signal in the air waves. Some of the top consciousness researchers believe this analogy fits, that is, consciousness is like the television signals in the air waves and that death is not the end of consciousness. Shutting off the television set does not affect the signal in the air waves."

Kundalini and the Brain

Beyondo

More about the center of consciousness being somewhere other than the brain:

Kundalini is seen as an "energy" that usually resides "asleep" at the base of the spine. When this energy is "awakened" it rises slowly up the spinal canal to the top of the head. This may mark the beginning of a process of enlightenment.

Kundalini%20awakens%20Brain.jpg

"The kindling phenomenon speeds up the electrical loop system, which exists between the thalamus and the cortex. This extra supply of energy from lower centers causes a diffuse activation of the whole cortex reflected by increased synchronization and coherence of brain wave activity within all frequency bands. As the energy flows from the thalamus to the cortex and awakens latent or unused parts of the brain (especially in the frontal lobes) the whole brain begins to pulse as a unit generating coherent, high amplitude brain waves within a broad frequency spectrum. During rest maximum amplitude will be in the alpha band but during intense focus high amplitude beta and gamma waves will prevail, especially in the frontal area.

Kundalini and modern physics

Interestingly this mechanism can be related to modern physics. A ‘condensate’ is a substance whose molecules have a greater order and coherence than normal. In a ‘Bose-Einstein condensate’ the molecules not only have a high degree of order but they also overlap and the condensate behaves like a unit. Examples of ‘Bose-Einstein condensates’ in inorganic matter are superconductors and laser beams. However a scientist by the name Herbert Frohlich showed that by feeding extra energy to the cell walls of living tissue, the cells would line up in the most orderly, condensed way we know – the ‘Bose-Einstein condensate’ – and the cell walls would start acting as a unit.

Apparently, when the brain is supplied with an extra amount of high grade energy (Kundalini) it becomes a ‘Bose-Einstein condensate’. Thus following Kundalini awakening, the brain turns into a super-conductor with a focus like a laser beam."

Kundalini,%20Superconductor.jpg

"....science cannot prove that consciousness can survive death; however, research is underway right now that may provide scientific evidence that consciousness can exist outside of the body. ...science has a lot of explaining to do if tries to claim that consciousness does not survive death.

A good analogy of one current theory of consciousness assumes that consciousness is not localized in the skull. Assuming consciousness is like a television signal that exists in the air waves and is being processed by a television set (the brain) to produce images on the screen (brain chemistry) representing a television program (a near-death experience). Using this analogy, current scientific theories claim that the near-death experience is a product of the television set. In other words, the television program is a product of the television set. Using the analogy, this would be false because it is the television signal working with the television that produces the television program. Some scientific claims state that death is the end of consciousness - like shutting of the television set is the end of the television signal in the air waves. Using this analogy, you can see that such a statement is false. Shutting off the television does not affect the television signal in the air waves. Some of the top consciousness researchers believe this analogy fits, that is, consciousness is like the television signals in the air waves and that death is not the end of consciousness. Shutting off the television set does not affect the signal in the air waves."

Kundalini and the Brain

If anything gotnotgod this article references the "Bose–Einstein condensate" that actually gives rise to the notions of A.I. In effect the network mapping analogy to Bose–Einstein condensate allows for such systems to arise from materials that are not biological. This also gives more credence to my approach to a computational universe from interacting standing waves. Because the standing waves chaotically converge to patterns, these patterns can develop micro-computational systems that can have transition phase states similar to Bose–Einstein condensate and therefore network to create more complex and layered abstractions that end up emulating quantum phenomena. Thanks for re-enforcing "my pet theory"!:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose–Einstein_condensation:_a_network_theory_approach

Another note: Since A.I. is possible then by eastern philosophical thinking such a machine could reach enlightenment more easily since it can be engineered without an ego or "self"!

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
If anything gotnotgod this article references the "Bose–Einstein condensate" that actually gives rise to the notions of A.I. In effect the network mapping analogy to Bose–Einstein condensate allows for such systems to arise from materials that are not biological. This also gives more credence to my approach to a computational universe from interacting standing waves. Because the standing waves chaotically converge to patterns, these patterns can develop micro-computational systems that can have transition phase states similar to Bose–Einstein condensate and therefore network to create more complex and layered abstractions that end up emulating quantum phenomena. Thanks for re-enforcing "my pet theory"!:D

Keep driving that square peg into that round hole!

Another note: Since A.I. is possible then by eastern philosophical thinking such a machine could reach enlightenment more easily since it can be engineered without an ego or "self"!

What is "A.I"?

Enlightenment does not include an ego.

Beyondo

That is exactly why the Buddha refused to answer questions re: the origins of the universe. He wanted people to pay attention to their immediate condition of suffering, and so, he developed the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path.

Excuses, excuses, excuses!

godnotgod

Thou art That
Excuses, excuses, excuses!

If you were FATALLY shot with an arrow, of what use is knowing what kind of bird the arrow feathers were taken from? Or do you not understand that man is in the same condition in the spiritual sense?

If you correct your distorted vision first, rather than trying to figure things out with Analysis, you will be in a better position to see reality as it is, and reality includes the nature of the universe, the nature of the universe being the same as that of our own nature.