• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

alakhic paramaters in dealing with the 'Palestinians'

LAGoff

What are the halakhic paramaters in dealing with the 'Palestinians'
(I'm only referring to the majority of West Bank arabs, who are innocent)
in relation to the Scriptures [which say that Hashem gave us this Land]?

Last edited:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
As much as I am "Dati Leumi" I don't agree w/ this "HaShem gave us the Land" mentality. We have the Land in as much as we obey Torah Mitzvot, both the commands and the ethics. Just because we are there now, does not mean we've earned it's total ownership. If we had, Moshiach would be here and so would the Beit HaMikdash.

As far as dealing w/ the Palestinians "Halachically", the command to rid the land of its inhabitants was regarding the native population back in that time, not the Arabs there now.

I'd say, deal w/ them as you would any human being who is "Betzelm Elokim", made in G-d's image, but remember that family comes first.

LAGoff

Thanks for the Jewish/halakhic/enlightened response to 'my' goomba-ish: "God gave us this Land" mentality. I'll take it to heart.