• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama school Yoga Ban

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You don’t think Christianity is compatible with Zen?

Doesn't sound like Christianity.
Isn't God a jealous God that dosent share other beliefs and practices? In fact it forbids it?

Zen can accommodate Christians. But Zen is not Christianity nor is the inverse.

"Drop all beliefs ye who enter the gateless gate".

That's what I was told in my early days of introspection as I approached Zen Practice. Very hard to do for a Christian I would think with such an attachment to dogma.

RestlessSoul

Doesn't sound like Christianity.
Isn't God a jealous God that dosent share other beliefs and practices? In fact it forbids it?

Zen can accommodate Christians. But Zen is not Christianity nor is the inverse.

"Drop all beliefs ye who enter the gateless gate".

That's what I was told in my early days of introspection as I approached Zen Practice. Very hard to do for a Christian I would think with such an attachment to dogma.

I don’t recognise that God, and would not consider such a conception to be a requirement of Christian faith. Jealousy is a human failing.

I take the point about dogma. But would also argue that attachment to dogma is inimical to Christ’s message. Or my interpretation of it anyway.