• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al-Suyuti---Help Please

Mike.Hester

I am seeking a real Islamic Brain,someone who is not an apologist or shade tree preacher to help me with feed back concerning Al-Suyuti. He was a well known Islamic scholar, but are his writings about the prophet of peace trust worthy? Any feedback would be helpful.

Would you like to put up some of the texts or quotes you are interested in and what exactly your concern is? What is written about Muhammed comes from after he was dead, the closest account which seems most contemporary but just provides some clues are in the Qur'an itself.

Mike.Hester

Would you like to put up some of the texts or quotes you are interested in and what exactly your concern is? What is written about Muhammed comes from after he was dead, the closest account which seems most contemporary but just provides some clues are in the Qur'an itself.
Here is part of the citation. Imam Suyyuti narrates an authentic report in his al-Khasaa’is al-Kubra, vol. 2, page 253 (published by Daar al-Kutub al-Arabiy — some other online editions have this narration in vol. 2, page 441):
If you like I can paste this text in the full later-it is short. Yes you are correct, like most other religions, they are based on 50 times hearsay.