• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Airline Fuel Saver Idea

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
How do you fly LTA craft in tunnels?
If you've got a tunnel, why not use a pneumatic system like they do in large buildings or banks, with passenger capsules? Nothing to crash, and the capsules have no engines to worry about.
That is very creative. I think we should do a feasibility study on it, to see it if is worth looking into.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is very creative. I think we should do a feasibility study on it, to see it if is worth looking into.
This isn't a new idea. Systems were developed over a century ago, but today big oil and the automotive industries are blocking modern applications.
From the Mighty Wiki:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Airline Fuel Saver Idea

Something my dad said many many years ago could perhaps be adapted to everyday flight

On a flight to Italy in a huge thunder storm the plain was rattling and shaking. People genuinely looked worried. My dad being the kind, reassuring guy he is called out "don't worry, if the wings fall off we can all put our arms through the windows and flap".

It was of course a joke in terrible taste but perhaps it can be utilised to save fuel using human powered flight. Maybe participants can get a discount on the price of the ticket.