• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ain't Nobody's Business: The Absurdity of Concensual "Crimes" in a Free Society

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
would prostitution be a victimless crime? technically there is a victem, the mind. it becomes a physcological sewer, addicted to opiates.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
No, prostitution as it is now is not a victimless crime. It is exploitation. However, there would be methods to bring it up to the level of "victimless crimes". Why is it that the government interferes on moral levels, dictating what is the proper code of ethics for all of the people?

DeepShadow

White Crow
cdub219 said:
look up each state you want through the .gov pages (example utah.gov) go to goverment pages and you find state laws and you can search the state constitution or codes where you will find the facts about each law
I was in high school when one of these laws was removed from the books in Missouri, with an apology. That was around 1993.

http://www.lynnthebridgebuilder.com/strongman_in_the_camp.htm has an excellent essay that was apparently written while the law was still in the books, although not being enforced.

Hmmm..I'm diggin' through Hotbot but haven't found anything yet.