• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Ahmadiyya and other Muslims] Question for Ahmedia: For justice which is a branch in Shia Islam.

Jedster

why do Ahmedia think the Prophet Muhammed is not the last messenger when it clearly says so in the Quran?
Ahmadis have told me that they believe Muhammed is the last prophet, i.e the last one to bring a book, but not the last messenger. The founder they believe to be a messenger who is the 'Promised Messiah'. That's all I can remember.

Cherub786

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad did not claim to be a Prophet in the literal sense. This is a very deep theological discussion but I would be glad to have it with you. See my blog for details
www.salvation-from-hell.com

Basically, Islam teaches that Prophecy has been sealed formally, but that an aspect of Prophecy remains which is expressed in the form of visions. Ghulam Ahmad claimed that because he was experiencing visions and inspirations so frequently that he had become a "prophet" but not in the technical sense, rather in the sense which is acknowledged in Sufism. That is a concept known as Fana fil Rasul, meaning, a person becomes so enveloped in the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that he loses his own persona and takes on the persona of the Prophet, so that he becomes a reflection of the latter, kind of how the moon in its essence doesn't have any light, but by reflecting the light of the sun, it becomes a repository of light, but not in its own right or independently. Similarly, Ghulam Ahmad claimed that he was a repository of the image of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and reflected the characteristics of the Prophet Muhammad's prophecy and manifested them so that it could be said that, metaphorically, he was the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Thus Ahmadiyya does not teach that any new prophet has come in his own right, but that a follower of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) has attained a high station through the medium of following the Prophet that he has become like a Prophet, but not in his own right.