• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Agnostic belief', belief does not need to be considered, 'to know'.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Belief can be
• the believer might believe that they 'know'.
• the believer might not believe that they 'know'.
• the believer might not consider the concept of 'knowing', as separate from belief, at all, in meaning, therefore irrelevant.

• 'belief', without specification, does not infer any of these specifically.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
For me what I can prove I can prove, I'm happy to do so.

Personally I have reasons for what I believe. Mainly based on what I've personally experienced. I also know personal experiences can be misleading. However, unless proven otherwise, what we have experienced for ourselves is all we have to go on. So I act on what I believe to be true knowing that I could be wrong about what I believe.

As far as God goes, I have reason to doubt my personal experiences, so even though I have had many "spiritual" experiences, I choose to be skeptical of them because I have actually tried to prove the truth of my experiences and haven't been able to.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Belief can be
• the believer might not consider the concept of 'knowing', as separate from belief, at all, in meaning, therefore irrelevant.

I see "belief" more in the sense of "hope." As in, "I hope this is true, but I don't know for sure."

If I say "I believe the Arizona Wildcats are going to win the championship," that's just a hope. There's no knowledge or certainty there, not until the results are in.

David T

Premium Member
Belief can be

Belief has become an excuse to be stupid .it's irrelevant like "non belief" in context to certain topics.