• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Afterlife places

confused453

I find it absurd that when people die, they have to go to some specific afterlife place based on their performance on this world. Why can't they go wherever they want to go?? What's the worst can they do, kill more dead people? It just doesn't make sense.

Rapha

I find it absurd that when people die, they have to go to some specific afterlife place based on their performance on this world.
So if i was a little Hitler demon and tortured everyone to death, i have every right to go to another planet with life on it and bomb it to smithereens.

Ooo, this is fun when there is no Karma retribution for committing Crimes Against Humanity.

interminable

منتظر
Souls are immaterial so speaking about place is meaningless about them. But in our traditions we have that souls of people will inter a mould like something that we see in our dreams.

confused453

So if i was a little Hitler demon and tortured everyone to death, i have every right to go to another planet with life on it and bomb it to smithereens.
Ooo, this is fun when there is no Karma retribution for committing Crimes Against Humanity.

Maybe he looked at his life from outside, and realized he was wrong, and will be a better person on that new planet? And will be able to stop a Hitler from that new planet doing the same damage he did? Your Karma thing is false.

interminable

منتظر
And how exactly do you know stuff about souls?? Have you personally examined a soul? Sorry but that sounds like bs.
In this case we have no choice but to trust the god and his prophet

Besides gnostics have many to say in this realm but for u it's useless because u don't believe in them.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I find it absurd that when people die, they have to go to some specific afterlife place based on their performance on this world. Why can't they go wherever they want to go?? What's the worst can they do, kill more dead people? It just doesn't make sense.
Why believe in an afterlife at all?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Peace first....

you end up alongside others that think and feel as you do
How else to be happy?
How else to be fair?

you would like to spend your afterlife with someone of ill will?

confused453

In this case we have no choice but to trust the god and his prophet

Besides gnostics have many to say in this realm but for u it's useless because u don't believe in them.
But you don't really believe in God. You believe that what's written in the book is true. If your holy book says that there's no God, you would believe that in instead.

confused453

Peace first....

you end up alongside others that think and feel as you do
How else to be happy?
How else to be fair?

you would like to spend your afterlife with someone of ill will?
How is it fair that some God needs to dictate me what I should do in the afterlife.

interminable

منتظر
But you don't really believe in God. You believe that what's written in the book is true. If your holy book says that there's no God, you would believe that in instead.
And who exactly sent that book that says God doesn't exist???????

Besides by help of reason we prove the existence of God then we say this god must have a purpose of creation so he must tell us about his purpose and prophets brought his message in their books

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

for every action there is an opposite but equal reaction; so you reap what you sow. action evolves into result.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I believe the dead can move around on the astral plane and even visit the physical plane. However they might not have developed the spiritual level to appreciate the higher non-physical planes. That would be like Homer Simpson going to a theoretical physics lecture; no point in going there.o_O

confused453

for every action there is an opposite but equal reaction; so you reap what you sow. action evolves into result.
Why should life actions reflect the dead? Afterlife could be a good way to learn from life. Instead some religions are trying to punish or reward the dead, like we do when training animals.