• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After an awakening unleashes all of your emotions

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings!

I hope your time has been enjoyable so far and that is continues ...

This page is one I keep coming back to - I must be a SLOW learner or something! :)

Anyway, here's a taste -

Not everyone gets a huge bliss stage after their spiritual awakening. Many people go right into the emotional processing. If you do have a bliss state, marinate in it. Cultivate it. Breathe into it. Let it expand. It will help you to see more clearly and to churn up the issues that are trying to hide out in the dark. Unfortunately, for many people, the bliss state is a kind of an escape to which they will try to return to again and again. This is often the state of awareness that people confuse as being the "enlightened" or "awakened" state of awareness. For others, a blissful experience is a momentary reward. But mainly, I want to emphasize that the bliss phase is a passing experience like all emotional states. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The Bliss State Comes and Then It Goes

Because the work is coming. It is coming because most of us human beings hold onto pain instead of releasing it. In our avoidance, old pain grows and grows. Then a spiritual awakening or another profound spiritual shift comes, and it all comes tumbling out. The human reactions range from feeling lost, overwhelmed, wanting to run away, shutting down, and a variety of avoidance tendencies. The importance of your practice and learning to breathe into whatever you are feeling is crucial. No particular spiritual technique is needed, although some can help soften the space. The raw power of your presence and loving awareness are the central tools, and they're ultimately what helps us to process through these painful left-overs. It's not a magic trick. It's a real thing, and breathing into pain is its own kind of practice. The better you get at it, the more quickly you will be able to process your old emotions.

To read more -

After a Spiritual Awakening Unleashes All Your Emotions

Wishing you all the very best!