• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After almost 16 months of unemployment... a job

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
@Jainarayan, hearty congratulations and wish you tremendous success in your new assignment. Also I take some liberty in wishing you back your former job as system analyst real soon (just because of the pay).

Thanks. :) Alas, I don’t think an IT job is on the horizon. Many of them are being eliminated (a little personal experience there :() and being outsourced. My (former :rolleyes: ) company did that five years ago. It’s been a trend for the past 20 years, at least. Sometimes it works, often it doesn’t. Except for the pay, I don’t think I’m going to miss it. Forty years in one field was enough.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I was looking for good ways of making money for a long time. It's really hard to find something worthwhile now. However, there are many options on the internet. Now I make good money on freelancing and it's much easier than it seems. If someone needs money asap, this online service is reliable maybeloan.com/payday-loans/nc
Maybe you should quit as a ******* spammer.

Find a real job and get yourself a proper life.

If your a spam bot. Get hacked.

JIMMY12345

Dhanyavāda Bhagavatī Lakshmī, dhanyavāda. Thank you Goddess Lakshmi, thank you. :)

It's the furthest thing from my previous field, which was IT Sys Admin but after 40 years in Data Processing, MIS. IS, IT as it's been called through the years, I'm tired of it, and not prepared mentally or financially to fully retire. After losing my job due to covid last year, and almost 16 months of unemployment, I'm doing something else.

I worked in Macy*s about 20 years ago as a part time sales associate. It was a second job. To be honest, I hated it then. We were treated like crap by customers and managers. The store had conflicting policies that let customers get away with murder regarding sales, returns, coupons, discounts, rewards, etc. When we gave in to customer demands, we were chastised by the managers for breaking the rules. When we adhered to the rules and the customers complained that we were uncooperative, the managers threw us under the bus. It was horrible.

So what's different now? Everything. The economic climate, the Us v. It (It being covid), people struggling day to day. I think people see now there's more serious things in life than screaming to use an expired coupon. The store has relaxed their dress code. Business casual is the norm. Before I went I asked what the dress code is, told it's business casual, no tie necessary. So I went for my interview in an open collar dress shirt, dress slacks, no tie or jacket. The hiring manager looked at me and said "that's perfect". I hate wearing a tie anyway. :D I get to wear all my dress shirts and dress slacks. We had a good interview, mostly talking about the people we knew back in the day, and "old times". My experience was of least concern... she was probably more interested in my personality. Paraphrasing Bob Seger "I was turning on the charm.. long enough to get me hired... I'm still the same... I still aim high". :facepalm: :D

The hourly rate is better than other stores are paying. I'm not signing on officially as full time but I can schedule full time hours. I should be getting the offering email in a day or so, I just have to turn it around and start the paperwork. I'm gong to own this. Hey, who knows.. I could work my way to manager. I have management, customer service and retail experience... and maturity (really, I do! :D ). I'm pretty excited, really. Especially about doing something new.
Wise move.Wives hate husbands at home and in their kitchen.You may have saved yourself from divorce.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Wise move.Wives hate husbands at home and in their kitchen.You may have saved yourself from divorce.

I’m the one that’s been carrying the household for almost 27 years, financially and in other ways … I’m the beast of burden and ATM.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The story doesn’t have such a happy progression or outcome. I was on temporary disability last year because the effects of my not-entirely-successful lumbar fusion reared their ugly head. I took another job after that, that turned out to be even more of a stress to my back and damaged nerves. I held out for a year, giving it a chance but causing more damage. I left that just short of a year for something that again in my stupidity I thought would be kinder to my back, not being literally on my feet for six, eight, ten hours a day, bending, squatting, kneeling, carrying. I was wrong. I’m again looking at disability. I was repeatedly optimistic but stupid is more the word. Needless to say I’m pretty depressed about the whole thing. I did not ask to lose my career.