• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

African tribes

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Hmmmm I read a few myths involving spider. one as a loving creator. one as a loving giver of language, another as spider a tricskter. i got sevral books i bought from the libary for 10 cents.=D I'll be back to this thread when i can dig them up... not sure where or what house i left them. sorry if im not suppouse to post here

Iti oj

Premium Member
found my books ill have an expanded post soon. gotta reread.

Iti oj

Premium Member
From Retold African Myths by eleanora E. Tate
Why people must die,
From the Zulu tribe...
people lived for a long time. as long as trees. The god Unkulunkulu wanted people to live forever as gods, so he sent for chamelion to deliver his message to the world. But Chamelon (who was a younger family member then the chameloin that was requesed) was slow of my mind and body. He took to long. Monkey who was a grandfather complained to the god and told him of how long chamelion was taking. So the god sent him to deliver a message. you all must eventualy die and will no longer live as long as trees. and so it was. when chamelon finaly arrived no one listened to him because they had moneky message so death and short lives for all life was created...

As in "Why Folk Must Die," many Africans about death involve a problem with a message. Sometimes there are two different messages. Sometimes there is one mixed-up message...

From the Nuer people. if the gord floated God would let people live for ever if it sank they would have to die. It floated. God told a woman to deliver the god news, but when she tried to demonstraight how God decided she used a clay jug instead of a gourd and it sunk thus people were doomed to die......

more myths later

Last edited: