• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Afghan lives and livelihoods upended even more as US occupation ends

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Yes, this is very sad.

Incompetent intelligence assesments by the US-NATO forces forecasted the Taliban out of reach of Kabul for a month or so though they captured it in a few days. This has prevented most people from leaving Taliban controlled Afghanistan for safer shores in a timely manner with proper travel arrangements.

It was sad to see people clinging to departing aircraft in desperation and falling from it.

There are many liberal activists still in Afghanistan who are on the scanner of the taliban, and hopefully the international community and UN can work on bringing them out of Afghanistan safely to more secure environments.
It was hard to foresee the last development, Ghani fleeing Afghanistan. I have since learned that the Trump administration sabotaged the visa process on purpose, because of their prejudice against immigrants. So Trump has some responsibility for helpers of the US not getting out in a timely fashion. They are trying hard to get everybody out.

Truthseeker

You said this:

To which I asked,

Are you convinced that most people wanted Donald Trump to steal the 2020 election against the will of the American electorate, because of the ease with which his brainwashed fanatical cultic followers invaded the Capitol?
I think the question is pretty self-explanatory. If you think the ease with which evil people can overrun a country has to do with "most" citizens wanting that evil, and welcoming it, then do you believe that "most" Americans, likewise, wanted the violent, brainwashed cultic followers of the orange pseudo-messiah and his horde of sycophants invading the Capital with great ease, violently cutting a path through the police with weapons in hand, because America wanted that?

Then why do you get to say that true for Afghanistan? Americans do not want Trump, anymore than the Afganinis want the Taliban. Rather, it is their violence and the minority seeking power over the majority, in both cases, that is what is happening. Not welcoming them!
Good post.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They conveniently have an interpretation that allows them to oppress and hurt others.
All religious scriptures are interpreted thru the lens of the
reader & their culture. So "conveniently" applies to all,
not just the ones who glean a harmful message.

Truthseeker

Does that exist where you are?

So....... what just and uncorrupted government do the Afghans want? It looks as if your answer is showing that you don't have a clue either. True?
There is some corruption in every country, and injustice everywhere. I don't live in Afghanistan, I know that they wouldn't want they had before this, and they probably like less what they have now. That's all I know.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hope not. I think there is some independent thought.
Some....but pondering their role in the larger operation,
& then acting in opposition to command isn't typical.
As my jarhead friend would explain it, creativity is
limited to surviving the immediate the situation &
accomplishing the ordered objective.