• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aeonism: A look into my beliefs

RoseKnows

Your guess is as good as mine
I hope you find my beliefs expressed here interesting at the very least. If you’d like to know more about my beliefs, feel free to pm me! I’d also like to say beforehand that I realize that I may sound one peanut away from a nuthouse, but I encourage you to enter with an open mind.

To introduce you to my beliefs, I’d like to paint a quick picture of my journey to this point. You see, I was an atheist growing up. I never saw the point in belief, and I rejected it in the name of science. That changed the first time I went to church with a childhood friend of mine. I’ve been on a journey ever since, looking for a place for my own, but never quite finding it. Recently, I had tried a ritual when god spoke to me. It was a strange and comforting experience, one from which I had gained wisdoms. Now I know at this point, some of you think I’m crazy, I would have too. But when I was there, in that moment, experiencing something so profound as that, it forced me into a place where I just had to accept it for what it was.

Now that the background is covered, we can settle upon the main question here. More specifically, what the **** Aeonism even is. To sum it up very quickly, it’s the belief in a god named Akal (unrelated to the Sikh concept; also known as diachroniki, the endless, or simply god) who painted the universe into being, and the practice of 1. Killing ones own ego and 2. Managing aeons.

I’m sure you’re wondering what this all means, what an aeon is, or what kinds of drugs I was smoking when I hobbled this **** together. All questions that will be answered soon

Now, what does a Diachronikist believe in beyond that little blurb? Well, there is a belief that a state of enlightenment is what one should strive for, which is done by doing regular meditations, controlling oneself, and managing the aeons. Why, you may ask? Well when you don’t, you can’t enter the heart of akal yet, so you’re sent back to this earth. By achieving enlightenment, one may reunite with the endless themself.

You may ask yourself a question: “what really are we controlling though?”. We are controlling our ego, which provides us with our thoughts but also produces stress, hatred

Now comes the answer to the big question: what the **** is an aeon? You may recognize it as meaning something akin to “timeless”, which is what they are: entities created by akal in the beginning to provide balance to his creation. They can be delegated into two groups: the light aeons, ruled by the sun, and the dark aeons, ruled by the moon. They influence our egos in a positive and negative way respectively. It’s our duty to create a aeonic balance of sorts between the two to properly prosper and become enlightened.

This is far from comprehensive, merely an introduction to my beliefs. If you have any questions, feel free to ask below or pm me!

Last edited: