• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advice

jacquie4000

First off hello everyone:D
I am not sure who is even here anymore. Looking for a little advice today....My son is having alot of issues. He is 15. Lately he is being blammed for alot of things he has not done. He is really having a hard time.
Yesterday in school they just started searching kids for drugs. I believe they did this because a girl had overdosed and died. My son had a pass
to go to the Nurse they pulled him by the coller into the office the vice prinipal and a police officer striped searched him.....They never even called me.......Is this legal? They went on how they know everyone at my son's lunch table smokes pot. You know I am not condoning weed, but weed did not kill this girl. Besides my son is so humilated.....

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Raise hell with the school board about that strip search. Raise hell and shove a brick under it to keep it raised. Your son deserves to be defended.

jacquie4000

I am calling a lawyer today but it is terriable they made him strip down to his boxers. pulled out the padding in his shoes. even opened up all the wrappers to his gum .........I am sooooooooo ******.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I am calling a lawyer today but it is terriable they made him strip down to his boxers. pulled out the padding in his shoes. even opened up all the wrappers to his gum .........I am sooooooooo ******.
I would be like a raving lunatic until someone gave me a satisfactory answer and some apologies. Even then whatever could be done legally to stop this and see that it doesn't happen again, I would certainly follow through on it. Even if I had to sue the school board the police department and every individual involved separately.

jacquie4000

One child was strip searched with only one teacher, behind a locked door.
These kids were found with nothing.

herushura

They are laws i think to protect people who are violated like that, "Example: in a bar, secruity cannot search a person for drugs without Approval of the person".

The Nurse Who searched your son should ask for his approval by Law.

this is english law i dont know about Americans

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I would be so mad... I don't have any kids, but if that happened to my younger sister, I'd be furious. I hope you get the school people in trouble for that...

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
One child was strip searched with only one teacher, behind a locked door.
These kids were found with nothing.

I found a Law that can protect your son from searches

The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution ensures citizens' right to "be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.

That is right. However it's a little different in schools, they don't need reasonable cause, just reasonable suspicion. A strip search was way over the top for reasonable suspicion, to do that they should have gone to the police so they could handle it. If they had found something in that search and seizure, it would have to be thrown out of evidence because they had no right to go to those lengths by themselves. It was in very bad form to do the search with only the one teacher, that opens that teacher up for who knows what kind of accusations.

Jacquie, I'm sorry this has happened to you... but take it to the highest level you can. It was plain wrong, you could sue and probably win.