• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advice about writing a job-letter-thing

Kerr

Don't you have people who can help you ?

I used to go to a center for youth. They help people to write a resume, they help you for finding information about a job, to do tests if you don't know what to do etc ...
Do you have this kind of center were you live ?

Sometimes they also help you about that in job centers.

Or you can just search on internet to get ideas.

Here it shows you different type of resume : Resume Samples
There is an goverment sponsored organization that helps people find jobs. At the moment I am in a program with them, for people who has special needs who need extra help. Unfortunately, its going rather slow at the moment. Thanks for the link, will check it out :).

Kerr

Ok, I have a fictional cover letter I want you to take a look at. If you where an evil corporation looking for a new mad programmer, would this catch your attention :p?
Hi.

My name is James Bond and I am interested in getting to work with you. I studied Fictional Headslam Thing at the universety and learned INTERCAL and Whitespace. Further I have knowledge in Befunge from my own spare time and have experimented with LOLCODE.

I learned that I like to kick my fellow students of their desk and sing so no one can work.

At the moment I am working on a "game" in LOLCODE that is actually a virus and will give me world domination.
*insert ominous link here*

Looking for a job that allows me to create and evolve. Create as in creating a new empire spanning every corner of the globe. Evolve as in becoming the most awesome bad guy in the world history by taking over the world with programming. I can contribute with my insanity and evilness. You can contact me anytime you want, as long as its at night.

Take care,
Dracu... sorry, I mean James Bond.

EDIT:

Just remembered, should I put in contact information somewhere there? Should it be at the top?

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Just remembered, should I put in contact information somewhere there? Should it be at the top?

Yes, it's typically at the top.

If you use a word processing program like Word, you can use one of the built-in letter templates and just follow what it says for where to put everything. If you don't want to do that, there's a standard format for the letter header:

Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone Number
Your Email

Date

Recipient Name
Recipient Title (note: if you don't have a name and title, then either leave these out or put something like "hiring manager")
Company Name
Address

Dear Mr./Ms. ________ (note: if you don't have a name, then you can say something like "Dear Sir or Madam")

... and then go into the body of your letter.

Oliviamiller77

To be honest, I find the cover letter thing quite boring. Come on! Are they going to base their decision of giving me a job on something that I wrote on a paper? Me, I prefer to rely on some tools like this one to help me format and structure the content, that way I don't get tired of looking for different ways of putting the information.