• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adventures of Online Dating

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Two days ago, a woman contacted me on an online dating site, with a long message about how she read my profile and felt it resonated with her, and that she hoped her message would get to me since she saw my status no longer read "online" after she sent the message.

I saw the message pretty quickly. I felt to an extent, me and her kind of hit it off. She was very much a talker with big ideas, in my opinion. And I loved it. I loved hearing her stories, her dreams, etc. I kind of, for once, tried to take more an approach of being an attentive listener, and let's just say for every about 3 lines of conversation she sent me, I responded with 1 of my own.

I may have been a little guarded in my conversations. Meeting someone this nice, and communicative, and genuine, took me by surprise. But I wouldn't say it surprised me in a bad way - to clarify.

After a couple days of conversation, she started kind of telling me that it was okay for me to open up to her more. I tried to, but I was a bit slow about it. It frustrated her. And she seemed to rethink things, to the point of thinking I didn't feel comfortable around her, or something. She told me she wanted to get things out of her mind, about the ideas she had of me and her I guess, and asked if we could stop talking to each other. I said something to the effect of, "I wish you knew that I feel things really aren't this way to me, how they might seem. But I'll honor your request." So we stopped talking. And I don't plan to talk to her again.

I'm not really too sad, though. I'm happy I got to meet her. Sad if she didn't think that things went very well. But maybe it will be a lesson to me, as well, to further work on my approach, when meeting new people.

Sigh..... well this was episode 1 of my "Adventures of Online Dating" :greenheart:. Who knows what the next episode will bring?