• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advantages Of Traveling In Mr Van

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course, Mr Van saves me time & money by avoiding motels.
But he's also reliably clean. Motels can be bug infested & gross.

My van is often gross, too.

But its predictable gross. I know I may find a rejected snack under a seat, or a spilled drink that wasn't mentioned. I don't get the unpredictable surprises one gets in a hotel.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

Hospitals can be gross, too.

We got bedbugs from staying in the hospital when my second son was born.

Never having seen bedbugs, my husband just thought the bugs he kept seeing on him as he slept were a variant of beetle. It wasn't until they jumped in our bags and made a nest in our bed that he realized this was a problem.

I was sitting in the living room, and all the sudden, he came running from the bedroom frantically, dragging the mattress to take it and throw it on the front lawn... I had no idea what the heck was going on. It was quite a spectacle.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My van is often gross, too.

But its predictable gross. I know I may find a rejected snack under a seat, or a spilled drink that wasn't mentioned. I don't get the unpredictable surprises one gets in a hotel.
Mr Van isn't a daily vehicle, so I've the
luxury of keeping him pretty clean.
I also have a bug trap thingie in him to
go after the skeeters, stink bugs, &
ladybugs that afflict the midwest & east.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Can i assume you and Mr Van will soon be going on a road trip and you are trying very hard to convince yourself.

No need. Mr Van, despite not having all the luxuries of a motel (like a mains light switch and flush toilet) is no doubt far healthier and more comfortable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can i assume you and Mr Van will soon be going on a road trip and you are trying very hard to convince yourself.

No need. Mr Van, despite not having all the luxuries of a motel (like a mains light switch and flush toilet) is no doubt far healthier and more comfortable.
Not sure when Mr Van will next head out on the road.
Certainly for the June engine show.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

Mr. Van has no toilets?

Where does one go when utilizing Mr. Van as a mini-hotel?

Do I really want to know?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Mr. Van has no toilets?

In france it's legal to stop at the side of the road and .....

A male doesn't even raise an eyebrow from passing motorists, a female will usually, at least, go into the woods or fields out of view of the road.

Several years ago when holidaying near Le Mans there was a priest of the local church who rode a Harley and used the side of his church as his toilet.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
In france it's legal to stop at the side of the road and .....

A male doesn't even raise an eyebrow from passing motorists, a female will usually, at least, go into the woods or fields out of view of the road.

Several years ago when holidaying near Le Mans there was a priest of the local church who rode a Harley and used the side of his church as his toilet.

That'll get you on the sex offender registry here... :rolleyes: (Absolutely ridiculous.)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Mr. Van has no toilets?

406e933d-58d6-4e8f-a315-c14e1588faba

I'd imagine you'd want to empty it daily.
And hang up a few air fresheners.

pearl

'While we still stopped at motels for the night one road trip we took with the van was the best ever. With 4 kids, 3 ours and a neighbor, there was plenty of room for them so spread out.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

For someone who has a job as an investigative reporter seeking out filthy, bug-infested hotel rooms, she seems awfully jumpy and squeamish. Good thing she's not on the slaughterhouse beat.

These looked like they were second and third-rate hotels, though. Nothing like the high-class accommodations offered by Motel 6.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
For someone who has a job as an investigative reporter seeking out filthy, bug-infested hotel rooms, she seems awfully jumpy and squeamish. Good thing she's not on the slaughterhouse beat.

These looked like they were second and third-rate hotels, though. Nothing like the high-class accommodations offered by Motel 6.
"we'll leave the light on"

*light left on because they failed to wire a switch in during construction...*