• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advanced God Theory

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Something distinct from God exists? And what is that?

You mean you don't know?

I'm stunned...

What part of God contradicts science?

Maybe it's that whole "God exists outside of the natural cosmos" claim...

If there ever is a part of God that contradicts science, then science is wrong.

Or, *gasp*, being irrelevant in science is worse that being a measurable contradiction?

Ya know...SU... while I lend kudos for your sustained persistence...even after all these years, you have yet to lend any memorable or quotable insights at all, not even one,

I've had the pleasure to encounter and converse with many other faith-based believers that offer up at least a witticism of sorts, worthy of a laugh or furthered contemplation.

All I ever hear from you is horn blast of self-valdation and, like some modern artist that photographs a door knob..thereupon is presented in some gallery of "enlightened" interpretive understanding...to then presume that those that only see a photograph of a doorknob as to be amongst the great unwashed in their lacking capacities as art critics of grand insight and statement.

Well, ok...you are indeed a most fascinating doorknob.

Next?

Super Universe

Defender of God
You mean you don't know?

I'm stunned...

Maybe it's that whole "God exists outside of the natural cosmos" claim...

Or, *gasp*, being irrelevant in science is worse that being a measurable contradiction?

Ya know...SU... while I lend kudos for your sustained persistence...even after all these years, you have yet to lend any memorable or quotable insights at all, not even one,

I've had the pleasure to encounter and converse with many other faith-based believers that offer up at least a witticism of sorts, worthy of a laugh or furthered contemplation.

All I ever hear from you is horn blast of self-valdation and, like some modern artist that photographs a door knob..thereupon is presented in some gallery of "enlightened" interpretive understanding...to then presume that those that only see a photograph of a doorknob as to be amongst the great unwashed in their lacking capacities as art critics of grand insight and statement.

Well, ok...you are indeed a most fascinating doorknob.

Next?

God exists outside of the natural cosmos? And who said that?

You want wit? Have you heard the one about the angel who walks into a bar? A drunk man walks over to the angel and says "Hey angel, what's the meaning of life?" The angel looks directly into the man's eyes and says "You are".

You don't have to post a reply. I know you won't get it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I suppose my question is, why not to all of us? That would lay this entire matter to rest in an instant.

Because that would undo the effort of you being here in the first place.

Everyone is here to learn what we can and then back to God we go.
Each one of us, having a linear existence will develop into a unique spirit.

Then God will have someone to talk to.

Not likely?....think again.
All of that substance spinning around...and how much of it.....'thinks'.
The universe might respond to His touch...but it does not really respond.
Setting a portion of your spirit in more than one place might be ...do-able....
but you would only be talking to yourself.
A blend of spirit and substance is then the solution.
Man.

And we are here under a noninterference premise.
Gave gave Man dominion.
Except for some guidance now and then (prophets)...we are on our own.

And the consideration of no God is false.

Decide now if it be Spirit first ...or substance.

Consequences are dealt..both ways.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
And what different context would that be? The original post was:

Now please explain to me how exactly I changed the context. I'm very eager to know.

Please elaborate. How does string theory show the existence of a god?
Still waiting to know how I changed contexts here...

jasonwill2

I was saying. What were you saying?

How long are we to play these word games? Language always presents the opportunity for these tricks. You can't disprove any of the substance so you take things and put them in a different context in order to change their meaning. But the universe does not change a bit.

Which scientific studies support this theory and God? Uh, string theory for one.

Are you serious? String Theory does not support the idea of a God.

And at that, string theory hasn't been proven because it currently does not have any testable or falsifiable evidence.

BBTimeless

Because to get to heaven you have to learn everything about God and in so doing you become very powerful. Heaven is like accessing the brain of the universe, a selfish being could do great harm.

The power to destroy ourselves is scary if you think that this is all there is.

Worldwide poverty is still a problem? Yes, but it's nothing like it used to be. Poverty is caused by the population exceeding it's economy. Poor people who do not use birth control yet cannot provide for their children when the times get tough.

The wealth gap between the rich and the poor has gotten wider? No. For most of human civilized history the middle class struggled to survive, depending on the success of each years crops to sustain them for that year. Now the middle class is almost rich and the rich are really the super rich.

We still have epidemics? Nothing close to what we used to have. Look up the Black Plague, and small pox, and polio, whooping cough, dysentery, cholera. The outbreaks we have now are minor compared to the past.

Does a monk worry that some day he will die? No. Primitive beings have a great deal of selfishness. It's a survival skill, more for me and my family, so what about you and yours. As beings evolve their understanding of their connection to the universe also evolves. Advanced beings don't wonder about God, they become sure of His existence. They know that biologic life is just a beginning and that there is much more after this. The earth is like kindergarden, next comes second grade, and heaven is like earning your PHD in Advanced God Theory.

You disagree that all original thought comes from God? Okay, try it, think of something original.

I didn't personally attack you, no one got the life they wanted. I just seem to be the only one who can admit it.
I was going to write a response but, instead, I found a very nice stapler. The difference is the stapler doesn't spew nonsense, just staples.

Last edited:

BBTimeless

When it comes down to it, trying to have a discussion with someone like this on this topic is difficult. This line of thinking argues that no matter what it all leads to God, no exceptions, no compromise. It is all theory craft without a check-and-balance. All of the good in the world is God, while all the bad in the world is man. It is a not a realistic reality nor is it a cohesive theology.

Last edited:

Super Universe

Defender of God
When it comes down to it, trying to have a discussion with someone like this on this topic is difficult. This line of thinking argues that no matter what it all leads to God, no exceptions, no compromise. It is all theory craft without a check-and-balance. All of the good in the world is God, while all the bad in the world is man. It is a not a realistic reality nor is it a cohesive theology.

It does not all lead to God, you can quit and cease to exist.

All of the good in the world is God, but so is all of the bad.

It is not realistic? Compared to what?

It is not cohesive? How is it not?

jasonwill2

String theory does not support the idea of God? How so?

How about you tell me how it does? Since you first made the claim?

String Theory does not require a god or even include it in it's equations or... well, any part of it.

Read some books by Brain Greene if you don't believe me, he writes books for the average joe on modern physics and specifically and largely String Theory being his focus since he is a String Theorist. I own two of his books, but only took time to read the 1999 Elegant Universe one, so I can only recommend that one. Hadn't bothered to ever read the 2004 one I own.

BBTimeless

It does not all lead to God, you can quit and cease to exist.
Is it that simple? If I were to decide to not believe in the God you describe, I just don't exist?

All of the good in the world is God, but so is all of the bad.
So, the terrible things that happen, I can say it was God in those things? Awful things are God's fault just as all the good things are his doing too?

It is not realistic? Compared to what?

It is not cohesive? How is it not?
To simply say make a post claiming that "God is EVERYTHING" is not a complete argument. There are many other factors that you are not discussing. Prophets, holy texts, doctrine, eschatology, etc.

Super Universe

Defender of God
How about you tell me how it does? Since you first made the claim?

String Theory does not require a god or even include it in it's equations or... well, any part of it.

Read some books by Brain Greene if you don't believe me, he writes books for the average joe on modern physics and specifically and largely String Theory being his focus since he is a String Theorist. I own two of his books, but only took time to read the 1999 Elegant Universe one, so I can only recommend that one. Hadn't bothered to ever read the 2004 one I own.

Strings of some unknown type of energy create the universe. How is that NOT God?

String theory does not include God in it's equations? What is the equation for God then?

In his book, did Brian Greene explain where the vibrating strings come from?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Is it that simple? If I were to decide to not believe in the God you describe, I just don't exist?

So, the terrible things that happen, I can say it was God in those things? Awful things are God's fault just as all the good things are his doing too?

To simply say make a post claiming that "God is EVERYTHING" is not a complete argument. There are many other factors that you are not discussing. Prophets, holy texts, doctrine, eschatology, etc.

At the next level you don't have to believe at first, you're not expected to, but you must make an effort to learn and not be disruptive to the class and other students. At some point you will have to decide to continue your ascendance or you can quit right there and cease to exist.

There is a random factor in almost everything so you can say that it is all God but not by specific intent, but by inherent design. God does not involve Himself with the weather or individual beings or planets. He does not cause floods, earthquakes, or disease. We have to learn to deal with these things ourselves.

Claiming that God is everything is not a complete argument? It's about as complete as it gets.

There are many other factors I am not discussing? I have discussed those other factors for years and will continue to do so but they are very lengthy topics. To give a quick answer, religion does not represent God, it never has. Every prophet, every single one, was someone who was not a leading member of the religion of the time yet they received revelation that gave humans NEW ideas about God.