• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adulterating Pure Worship

People can believe anything they want. There is no requirement that those beliefs be respected.

If beliefs are used to justify violence, not only should they be DISRESPECTED, but they should be punished.
I agree al ot with what you have said. There is a small fine line somewhere on what justifies the borrders of violence and freedoms that I am sure can be debated. Blood and refusing transfusions in dedicated dire emergencies and even the freedom of sexual temdencies if it hurts others mental well being should not be accepted.
But I do agree. Freedoms amd rights need to be defined outside of violence.
Thats why we need laws and not anarchy. But even laws restraining freedoms amd rights can go to far upon an individual. Its a delicate balance. And I do agree. The line of freedom and rights is drawn when it comes to a person irreparably hurting others.
As for punishment I prefer punishment as a deterrent and rehabilitation.

Last edited: