• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AdS/CFT: 25 Years of the ‘Bridge’ to an Unknowable Universe

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A flat plane space hole father said would be pulling in hotter alight gases on the edge not from a middle.

Man's fake human theisms are historic earth based history first.

∆ an erection of cold earth rock O a hole volcano opening and then gases sucking being pulled out of volcano.

Is his direct knowledge not a theory.

Natural history.
Natural human theisms on earth.
Natural volcano themed position first...God earth my machine.

By intentions of getting a machine.

As old first man's science first was rock stone pressured theme a pretend volcano. Not metal.

Reaction his mass within pyramid rock...false mountain. Underground

Changed mind brain of machine man's caused earth released transmitters are metals as below to fallout above of stars mass.

Mind is changed possessed by his machine components. Not earths Rock pyramid copying earth.

Was a gas only hot alight burning in two places falling down...falling up.

Mind says gravitational change...lied.

His visionary bridged memory. Of all his historic man's choices.

As he lives in a cooled environment now after his bio attack.

Why he associates his owned life biology to the incidence thesis lying. As he a man links the advice himself by memory plus human topic chosen subjects variable and all chosen.

Claiming it's the bridge.

Why theists are dangerous thinkers.

String means he string's the advice together himself. By just thoughts plus memory plus AI visionary direct without direction. Forced.

How he associates his human thoughts to God types and not honestly.

As he places it dimensionally himself when he's only discussing variable reactive positions. Each separate.

Natural is exact memory in human thinking.

Theory is displaced not actual.

Viker

Häxan
I'm ridiculously lost.

I did like the part about an entity being able to identify another entity in another dimension or something. Appeals to my sci-fi/comic book nerdiness.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It isn't clear to me whether AdS/CFT is simply a mathematical trick or whether it actually says something about the real world.

String theory has, for a while, been a primary candidate for a theory of quantum gravity. The problem is that it isn't easy to calculate with and it isn't easy to test. Both are problems for a scientific theory. One of the background geometries for string theory is anti-DeSitter space (AdS).

Most of modern particle physics is *similar* to some sort of Conformal Field Theory (CFT) and it turns out that the correspondence allows for easier computations on the AdS side that can then be translated back to the CFT model. In essence, it is easier to calculate in CFT for low energy situations (using what is known as perturbation techniques) and easier to calculate in AdS for high energy situations.

The holographic principle comes about because the CFT side has one fewer dimension as the AdS side. In essence, the CFT is on the boundary of the AdS. But the mathematical correspondence between solutions still works. This type of 'go to the boundary' technique works in many mathematical situations involving partial differential equations (which both AdS and CFT do).

At the very least, this AdS/CFT correspondence allows us to take mathematical solutions to one model and transform them into mathematical solutions in another model. Whether either of the models is actually useful is a separate matter.

And that is the basis of a LOT of criticism. Actual particle field theories are NOT conformal (only similar to conformal theories) and it isn't at all clear if some version of the correspondence deals with *actual* particle field theories. There is also a lot of doubt whether string theory is actually a good model of quantum gravity (partly because some of its predictions *seem* to be wrong--jury is still out).

TL;DR: AdS/CFT is nice math, but it isn't clear if it works in reality.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
By the way: the first article confused the cosmological constant with the curvature. Both are relevant here, but AdS has to do with the cosmological constant being negative.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There is also a lot of doubt whether string theory is actually a good model of quantum gravity (partly because some of its predictions *seem* to be wrong - jury is still out).

TL;DR: AdS/CFT is nice math, but it isn't clear if it works in reality.
Thanks for coming in. We, lay people, learn from you.

Heyo

Veteran Member
By the way: the first article confused the cosmological constant with the curvature. Both are relevant here, but AdS has to do with the cosmological constant being negative.
I knew it felt wrong / not quite in accord what I'd heard but I couldn't lay my finger on it ( and wouldn't have dared to say it). Thanks.