• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adopting Middle Eastern Faiths as the end all to be all

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I agree. The abrahamic faiths doesn't really mesh with out present day culture, but I guess the reason why people still choose them is because of out innate desire to find meaning in life when there is none.

I agree but I also think that is the problem. People are of religious faith based on cultural traditions as well.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
When I posted about Christianity forced upon Africans I was saying that in conjunction to my opinions regarding the Abrahamic faiths and my relationship with them. But I only briefly mentioned the history of the early Africans to the Americas but I didn't want that to overwhelm the entire discussion. You have to understand that the African Diaspora is a very complex one. African-Americans are so torn away from their primordial faiths that the only religion of the Abrahamic traditions we are familiar with is Islam (thus is why the Nation of Islam became so popular among the African-Americans during the time of Malcolm) and some animist, a very few primordial African faiths. But the point is due to the system of slavery and the destruction of my ancestral culture, I do not have a relationship with any faith I can trace my ancestral tradition back to thus I am a stranger. But the discussion of slavery, and Arab influence takes away from the spirit of my point.
There is Ethiopian Christianity as well. That is quite old and traditional.