• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adobe's "Project Voco" + Face2Face "live video editing" = ???

Terry Sampson

I recently watched a three-year old Ted Talk video (7:20 minutes)

in which Zeyu Jin introduces Adobe's "Project Voco" (Voice Conversion), and thought to myself: "Whoa! The potential for trouble-making has reached a new level."

And even more recently, I watched another three-year old video

(6:35 minutes) introducing "Face2Face: Real-time Face Capture and Reenactment of RGB Videos" and was again blown away by the technological advance shown.

And it occurred to me that combining those two technologies could really wreak havoc in the U.S.'s politically-polarized society. Then, last week, I came across Supasorn Suwajanakorn year+-old Ted Talk video (7:15 minutes) in which he briefly discusses the trouble-making potential in combining VoCo- and Face2Face-type editing to create false audiovisual media.

I may be a Johnny-come-lately, but ... does anyone else find the combination of technologies as ... awesomely scary and entertaining and creative as I do?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I recently watched a three-year old Ted Talk video (7:20 minutes)

in which Zeyu Jin introduces Adobe's "Project Voco" (Voice Conversion), and thought to myself: "Whoa! The potential for trouble-making has reached a new level."

And even more recently, I watched another three-year old video

(6:35 minutes) introducing "Face2Face: Real-time Face Capture and Reenactment of RGB Videos" and was again blown away by the technological advance shown.

And it occurred to me that combining those two technologies could really wreak havoc in the U.S.'s politically-polarized society. Then, last week, I came across Supasorn Suwajanakorn year+-old Ted Talk video (7:15 minutes) in which he briefly discusses the trouble-making potential in combining VoCo- and Face2Face-type editing to create false audiovisual media.

I may be a Johnny-come-lately, but ... does anyone else find the combination of technologies as ... awesomely scary and entertaining and creative as I do?
All of the above.
Ditto

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
The upside is that people can eventually automate their social media, which will no doubt be video on 5G. Then the simulacra can conduct virtual relationships, which will free people from doing the pretending themselves.