• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Addressing some anti-Sabbath arguments

reddogs

Probably the #1 most questioned part of the SDA doctrine is the one that is most apparent; why do we keep the 7th day Sabbath (from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown) instead of Sunday as most Protestant churches do? Well, that is what this thread is for; to answer that very question.

In this series of posts I hope to cover the SDA answers to the various arguments posed against Sabbath keeping. This thread is NOT intended to be a "debate" thread; I just wanted to provided the quick answers to those who question our doctrine of seventh-day Sabbath keeping.

Argument #1:
"The Sabbath was for the Jews.¨
o It is not a Jewish institution, for it was made about 2,300 years before Jews existed, right at creation.Genesis 2:2-3. To say the Sabbath is just for Jews is to say that marriage is just for the Jews as well since both the Sabbath and marriage were given to Adam and Eve in the beginning.
o The Bible never calls it the Jewish Sabbath, but always "the Sabbath of the Lord thy God" or "my Sabbath¨(meaning it is God's Sabbath).
o Mark 2:27 - And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath:
(Made for who? MAN! That is a silly way to spell Jew or Israelite.)“Man” here means mankind.
o God has pronounced a special blessing on all the Gentiles who will keep it.Isaiah 56:6,7

reddogs

Argument #2:
"That was the old covenant - Jesus did away with the Sabbath and all the other ceremonial laws.”
o When the Son of God came, He kept the seventh day all His life.Luke 4:16 "And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read.¨ Thus Jesus followed His Father's example at creation. Shall we not be safe in following the example of both the Father and the Son?
o The Ten Commandments were not part of Moses’ ceremonial law as Exodus 19, 20, and 31 clearly show. Also, there are many Bible references that show there was a distinguishment made between the Commandments and that of Moses’ book of the law.
o Instead of abolishing the Sabbath, Jesus carefully taught how it should be observed.Matthew 12:1-13
o Jesus is also known as the Lord of the Sabbath.Matthew 12:8. Why be Lord of something you were going to abolish?
o Christ instructed His apostles that the Sabbath should be prayerfully regarded forty years after His resurrection
.Matthew 24:20. When one reads all of Matt 24 they’ll see that Jesus was warning the disciples of the upcoming destruction of Jerusalem – which occurred about 40 years after His resurrection. Are we to believe that Christ didn’t know when this siege would take place?
o Thirty years after Christ's resurrection, the Holy Spirit expressly calls it "the Sabbath day." Acts 13:14-16.Sounds like the Sabbath was still in effect even then, well after Christ's death.
o The New Testament alone mentions the Sabbath day no less than 84 times - sounds like God is trying to tell us something. And never once is there a change of the Sabbath day to any other nor was it abolished.
o Luke 23:56 - And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment. Jesus' own mother observed the Sabbath AFTER Jesus died. If He had changed or done away with the Sabbath day (having nailed it to the cross), wouldn't His own mother have known it? She was a follower of the Messiah; Mary was certainly a Christian despite her ethnicity, just as Christians all over the world are.

reddogs

Argument #3:
"God doesn't care what day we observe.¨
o Isa 56:13&14 "If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbatha delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it."
- "THE¨ is defined as "an absolute, genuine article¨. The verse doesn't say "a" Sabbath day - it clearly says "the" Sabbath day; it's very specific.
o Exodus 20:8-11, 31:13-17, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it."
- Once God blesses, hallows, and sanctifies something it is that way forever. God doesn't change (Malachi 3:6) nor does His law (Luke 16:17) nor does His Sabbath, nor does His baptism for that matter.(Ephesians 4:5) This verse also specifies a particular definite day; the seventh day, which we call Saturday. It starts at sundown on Friday and ends at sundown on Saturday according to OT reckoning.
o Any time one looks up the Sabbath in the Bible it is always described it as being on the seventh day.(Whenever a description is given, that is.) Never is the first day (Sunday) mentioned in this regard.
o God is very specific on things - He leaves little to be open to interpretation. Examples would include the exact measurements He gave Noah for the building of the ark (Gen 6:15), the Ark of the Covenant and the earthly sanctuary (Exodus 25:10 thru 36:21), precisely what to do with the lambwhen Passover was established (Exodus 12:8), etc. Do you think the wall of Jericho would have toppled if the children of Israel would have marched around it only 6 times, or did it take the full 7 before the blessing was received? Did a certain someone have to wash in the Jordan river once, or twice, or the full 7 times before his blessing of healing come? God is concerned with details; He’s a God of precision; and He says what He means. He said “the” seventh day. I think He does care what day we observe

reddogs

Argument #4:
”The apostles broke bread on the first day of the week”.

Acts 20:7 "And upon the first day of the week (yup, that's Sunday), when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight."
o The disciples broke bread every day (see Acts 2:46)- that is not a reason for observing a different day of worship anyway and only shows lack of Biblical scholarship of someone using this argument. Furthermore, the term "breaking bread" here does not mean communion; otherwise the disciples were taking communion every single day. Does Acts 20:7 say that breaking bread constitutes a change to God’s day of rest? Nope.
o Something that most miss is that if you read the story further you'll find that Paul starts out on Sunday morning for his trip; he travels about 30 km and then buys a boat ticket! Now, if Sunday had been any kind of holy day then Paul would not have been traveling nor purchasing anything on that day.

reddogs

Argument #5:

Many cite the following Colossians 2:14-16:
Col 2:14-16 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days:"
o This verse is referring to the Mosaic Law (some say Sinaic Law or Levitical Law, some say ceremonial law) and this is evident by the inclusion of the "new moon" phrase as well as reference to the meat and drink offerings that would take place (compare to Leviticus 23:37). There are two sets of laws in play here, two types of sabbaths; one was described as being grievous to us (Col.2:14-16), and the 10 Commandments which were not grievous to us (1 John 5:3). How can the same law be grievous and not grievous at the same time? It cannot; clearly there are two sets of laws. Additionally, there isn't a single "ordinance" in the 10 Commandments. See definition of "ordinance" in any dictionary - it discusses festival regulations and the like.
I. DEUT. 31:26 Take this book of the law (Moses' Law), and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee

By comparison Moses' Law was written in a book on paper; God's Law was written with His finger on stone - don't let the symbology there escape you either. Also, the Commandments were put “inside” the ark (Exodus 40:20) not “in the side”(Deut 31:26) of it.
II. Hebrews 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7 Again, he limiteth (limited to) a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

III. Leviticus 23:37 These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day: 38 Beside(in addition to) the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.

Notice the verse in Leviticus 23:37; the word “beside” means in addition to, these feasts were the sabbaths that were in addition to the weekly seventh-day Sabbath. It is these sabbaths, not the weekly seventh-day Sabbath, that Col 2:14 is talking about – this is verified when one looks at the descriptors of “meat” and “drink” which are in reference to the offerings that would take place under Mosaic Ceremonial Law. So, again we see that the seventh-day Sabbath was different than these ceremonial sabbaths and it was the ceremonial sabbaths that were done away with according to Col. 2-14.

reddogs

Argument #6:
"Jesus is my rest."
o Jesus is not a "day" nor is He ever symbolically/metaphorically linked to being a “day” in the Bible; He's linked to being "the vine", "the lamb", "the door", "the rock" and many other things but never, not once, a "day". We must stick to the Bible and the Bible only.
o To "rest in Jesus" actually has three meanings; 1) to rest on the Sabbath day (Heb 4:4&9) or 2) to be one of the righteous dead (1 Thess. 4:14) for you are literally resting in Jesus' love and protection. Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Jesus can absolutely give us 3) spiritual rest, but we cannot "cease from all work" seven days a week. To do so is not holy, it's lazy.

reddogs

Argument #7:
"Unlike the other 9 commandments, Christ doesn’t repeat the Sabbath commandment in the New Testament. As such, we don’t have to observe it.”

o Do people who say this also look at Hebrews 4:1-11?(*see verse below in Argument #11 or click here for an in-depth study.) The Sabbath commandment is most certainly repeated in the NT both in word as well as example.

o According to the following verse I’d say that Christ had every intention that His Sabbath would still be observed after His death:

Matthew 24:20 - But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

The context of this verse is that Christ was warning the disciples about the destruction of Jerusalem, which occurred in 70 AD at the hands of the Roman army. Christ prophesied that this event would happen and it did (Christ is never wrong). Why would Christ be concerned that people observe the Sabbath day at a time that would have been about 40 years after His death if His death was supposed to abolish it? Simple, He wouldn’t be concerned if that were the case – but since the Sabbath, like all His Commandments last forever, He was very concerned and told them to pray concerning it.

o Also, the Holy Spirit expressly calls it the “Sabbath day” in Acts 13:14. Aren’t the words of the Holy Spirit good enough since the Holy Spirit is the one who now convicts us of our sin?

o Mary, Christ’s mother, observed the Sabbath “according to the commandment” after Christ’s death.(See Luke 23:56) And I don't think anyone would argue that Mary was most certainly Christian.

o In the great Christian council, A.D. 49, in the presence of the apostles and thousands of disciples, James calls it the "sabbath day." (Acts 15:21) Notice, that in all these verses, and many more, Sabbath isn’t referred to as “a” Sabbath, but instead “the” Sabbath day. There is only one weekly Sabbath day and that falls from sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday.

reddogs

Argument #8:
"The Holy Spirit descended on the people on the day of Pentecost; and that was a Sunday, so we observe Sunday as Sabbath."
o The Holy Spirit descended on people at other times in the Bible yet that has never constituted a change to God's Sabbath; why would it this time? The Bible never mentions a change to God’s holy day at all in connection with Pentecost. This argument is totally inconsistent with scripture and is the result of improper exegesis, hermeneutics, and apologetics. There is no place in the Bible that says "when Pentecost comes the Sabbath day will be changed to that day" nor is it even inferred

reddogs

Argument #9:
"Sunday is the Lord's Day - I observe the Lord's Day."
o "The Lord's Day" is only found in one place in the Bible, Revelation 1:10 - I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
John was the writer of the book of Revelation, that's why he is known as "John the Revelator". John was a Jew. As such, he knew and followed the seventh-day Sabbath. So, for him to use the phrase "The Lord's Day" would mean, if anything regarding a day of the week, Saturday (from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown to be exact)!
o Also, I recommend reading all of Revelation 1; not one time does it say what day the "Lord's Day" is. To assume it was a Sunday is wild speculation at best; sorry but there isn't any other way to say it. The truth is the "Lord's Day" or "Day of the Lord" has always referred to the day that Christ returns - His second advent. Any lexicon, unbiased concordance, Biblical scholar, or theologian will tell you that.

reddogs

Argument #10:
"We observe Sunday in honor of the Resurrection."
o I am in no way belittling Christ resurrecting from death, but where is the scriptural authority to change God's holy day in honor of the resurrection? There isn't any scriptural authority for the change.
o How did Jesus tell us to honor His resurrection? With baptism!(Romans 6:4 and Colossians 2:12) So why disregard Christ's instructions or add to them? We have no authority to do such. Jesus' words are the truth - and we all know what happens when you add or take away from the truth (Revelation 22:19).
o Also, Christ specifically told us to take communion in remembrance of Him.(Luke 22:19) He never once said "change My Father's holy day".
o If Sunday observance is to commemorate Christ's resurrection then what is Easter for again? Which is it; Sunday observance or Easter that commemorates Christ’s resurrection? We cannot just make it up as we go along folks; the Bible is our guide.
o I challenge any good Christian to find scripture that says the redemption of our sin is in the resurrection. The Bible always refers to redemption being by, in, or through the BLOOD of Christ.(1 John 1:7 is one of my favorite verses). I will never overlook the importance of Christ rising from the dead, for that shows us that through Christ we will be resurrected as well, but let us be careful that we never overlook the fact that He died for us on a Friday, for that is the reason we even have a chance of salvation.

reddogs

Argument #11:
"Hebrews 4:1-9 says that we should rest as He (Christ) is now, that He died for our sins and that Sabbath is basically suspended until we are on the new earth.“

But they don’t look at the entire statement being made. Let’s look at Hebrews 4:1-11 (if you want to see my in-depth study on Heb 4 click here):

If I may point out, in particular, Heb 4 verse 9 and cite from some other Bible versions:
WYC Therefore the sabbath is left to the people of God.
BBE So that there is still a Sabbath-keeping for the people of God.
ASVThere remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.
DBY There remains then a sabbatism to the people of God.
ESV So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,
NJBThere must still be, therefore, a seventh-day rest reserved for God's people,
NRSSo then, a sabbath rest still remains for the people of God;
NIRV So there is still a Sabbath rest for God's people.
NIVUK There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
NIV There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
HCSB A Sabbath rest remains, therefore, for God's people.
NET Consequently a Sabbath rest remains for the people of God.
MRD Therefore it is established, that the people of God are to have a sabbath.

GRT Hebrews 4:9 ara apoleipetai sabbatismos tô laô tou theou

apoleipetai means literally 'left behind' and sabbatismos in Greek literature always, 100% of the time, refers to seventh day sabbath-keeping; but let’s verify that using our lexicons to be sure:

Thayer’s Lexicon #4520
1) a keeping [continuing/enduring] Sabbath

A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament; Arndt and Gingrich
sabbatismoV, pronounced sabbatismos, form: noun
1) Sabbath rest, Sabbath observance

Strong’s Lexicon #4520 σαβ βατ ισμ ός
1) a keeping [continuing] sabbath
2) the blessed rest from toils and troubles looked for in the age to come by the true worshippers of God and true Christians

*Quick note about the Strong’s Lexicon:
A lexicon’s purpose it is to give the reader the plain meaning of words so that the reader can interpret passages for himself. It is outside of the scope of any proper lexicon to try and give the reader its own interpretation of any given word. As such, I find it improper for the Strong’s Lexicon, in light of all the other respected lexicon’s definitions of sabbatismos, to try and give a second definition that is actually an interpretation rather than a definition. Logic dictates that since sabbatismos is only used once in the entire Bible there should only be one definition.

As stated above, the Bible only has one instance of the word sabbatismos, what this further means is that, unlike most other words in the scriptures, one cannot do a verse-to-verse comparison in order to arrive at its definition. One MUST, in this particular situation, look to other Greek documents that use this word. This is the only way to get an accurate definition. Strangely, sabbatismos is only found in the following ancient Greek texts, most of which are penned by pagan authors:
Plutarch,“De Superstitions 3 (Moralia 1660)
Justin Martyr,”Dialogue With Trypho” 23,3
Epiphanius,“Adversus Haereses” 30,2,2
“Apostolic Constitutions” 2,36
Martyrdom of Peter and Paul
Sabbatismos means “seventh-day Sabbath keeping”. The verb form of the word is sabbatizw sabbatizo, which means “to keep the Sabbath”(Arndt and Gingrich, A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament). The Greek English Lexicon of the Septuagint defines sabbatizw sabbatizo as “to keep sabbath, to rest”(Lust, Eynikel, Hauspie).

GRT Hebrews 4:9 ara apoleipetai sabbatismos tô laô tou theou

Apoleipetai means literally 'left behind' and sabbatismos in Greek literature is always, 100% of the time, referring to “seventh day sabbath-keeping”. This further undermines the argument that the Commandments were done away with at the cross but that 9 of the 10 were reinstated. This argument holds no argument when the rules of hermeneutics are applied.

Scripture points out that God established the Sabbath at creation, Jesus observed it the disciples observed it, all the prophets kept it, and according to Isa 66:22-23 we will be observing it in the new earth! Now, logic dictates that we should be observing it now. Let's see those verses in Isaiah:
Isa. 66:22-23 - For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Verse 11 talks about "laboring into that rest". Any Sabbatarian will tell you this is referring to preparation day (Mark 15:42, Luke 23:54, Matthew 27:62), the day before Sabbath in which all remaining work needs to be finished so that Sabbath can be focused upon Christ.

reddogs

Argument #12:
"The Sabbath day has been lost to history due to calendar changes.”

This is incorrect and two small observations show this to be in error.

o First, such an argument makes the gross assumption that at some point in time every Jewish person in the world (all of which keep the seventh-day Sabbath) magically forgot what day Sabbath is on. This assumption flies in the face of common reason. And, just to play devil’s advocate, if this did in fact happen (world-wide Sabbath amnesia) the Jews would still have their documentation to remind them. The Jews have always been meticulous in their record-keeping and thus would have plenty of written information at hand that would set them back on the correct day of the Sabbath.

o Usually a second argument is that of the calendar changes from the Julian (which was in use at the time of Christ) to the Gregorian calendar that we use today some days were lost. But what they fail to realize is that if the calendar changes altered which day the seventh-day is from the time of Christ, then that change would also affect the first-day of the week as well, which would mean that those that observe Sunday due to Pentecost or the resurrection of Christ are also observing an incorrect day. The calendar changes did not affect the weekly cycle at all.

reddogs

Why would God set it aside at Creation, and put it in His Commandments, and Christ show the purpose of the Sabbath. Many understand this and worship on the Sabbath, here are some:
Sabbath Keeping Denominations/Churches--
11th Hour Apostolic Sabbatarian Church
7th Day Bible Church
7th Day Church of God
A Church of God Ministry
A Congregation in St. Louis
Aaronic Order (House of Aharon)
Abunda Life Church
Active Bible Church of God
Advent Fellowship of All Nations
Adventist Church of Promise
Ahtanum Community Church
Akron Fellowship
American Orthodox Catholic Church
American Society of Medical Missionary
An Assembly of the Eternal's Called Out
Apostolic Assembly of Yahvah, inc
Apostolic Church of God, 7th Day
Apostolic Lighthouse Church
Apostolic Sacred Name Fellowship
Apostolic Truth Ministries Worldwide
Ark International
Assembled Believers Congregation
Assembles of the Called Out Ones of 'Yah,' Inc.
Assembles of Yahshua
Assembles of Yahweh
Assemblies of YaHVah
Assemblies of YaHVaHO SHA Worldwide Inc.
Assembly of Elohim
Assembly of God 7th Day
Assembly of God in Christ Jesus
Assembly of the Eternal, an independent Church of God
Assembly of the Firstborn
Assembly of Yah
Assembly of Yahowah, 7th Day
Assembly of Yahweh
Assembly with Elder Dale George
Assembled Believers Congregation
Association of 7th Day Pentecostal Assemblies
Atzzehret Yeshua Hakoom Messianic Congregation
Austin Fellowship
Australasian Conference of Seventh Day Baptists
Barnabas Ministries
Believer's Advocate
Believers in Christ Church of God
Berean Apostolic Faith Assembly
Berean Church of God
Bet Hashem Midrash
Bet Shavei-tzion International
Beth Ha Shofar (Messianic Congregation)
Beth Immanuel Sabbath Fellowship
Beth Israel Messianic Congregation
Beth Messiah Congregation
Bible Sabbath Musicians' Association
Bibleway Church
Biblical Church of God Danville
Biblical Unitarian Churches of God
Blessed Hope Seventh Day Christian
B'nai Yahshua Messianic Synagogue
Body of Christ Church of God
Branch of Jerusalem
Breath of Life
British Conference of Seventh Day Baptists
British Israel Church of God
Bro. Lester Anderson, Salem Acres
Brown, Frank and Connie
Building Bridges
C.A.L.
Canadian Church of God
Caribbean United Church
Celebration Church of God
Celina Independent Bible Study
Certain Place of the Seventh Day Chapel
Chapel-in-the-Ozarks
Charles Lindsey
Children of Promise
Children of Yah
Children of Yahvah
Children of Yahweh
Christ Fellowship Ministries (Church of God)
Christian Biblical Church of God
Christian Church of God, Inc.
Christian Churches of God
Christian Educational Ministries
Christian Family Church of God
Christian Fellowship Church
Christian Fellowship Church of God
Christian Fellowship Ministries of the Church of God
Christian Leadership Academy
Christian Renewal Ministries
Christian Sabbath Assembly
Christian Sabbath Keepers
Christians in Crisis
Church of Christ of Seventh Day
Church of God
Church of God (Abrahamic Faith-Sabbath Keepers)
Church of God (Christianos)
Church of God (Iglesia de Dios)
Church of God 7th Day
Church of God 7th/Sabbath Day
Church of God a Christian Fellowship
Church of God an International Community
Church of God and Saints of Christ
Church of God Christ the Head
Church of God in the Netherlands (New Moon Seventh Day)
Church of God in the Wilderness
Church of God Independent
Church of God Messengers
Church of God Ministries, International
Church of God of the Eternal God
Church of God of the Seventh Day
Church of God Philadelphia Era
Church of God Proclaimed
Church of God Proclaiming the Kingdom
Church of God Providence
Church of God Restored
Church of God Sabbatarian
Church of God Sabbath Day
Church of God Seventh Day
Church of God Talent Ministries
Church of God the Ozarks
Church of God United
Church of God, an International Community
Church of God, In Truth, Inc.(Formerly Church of God's Truth)
Church of God, International
Church of God's Truth
Church of Israel
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (STRANGITE)
Church of Jesus Christ, Sabbath Day
Church of The Adventist Fellowship
Church of the Great God
Church of the Living God
Church of The Living Yahweh
Church of The Lord Jesus Christ
Church of the Savior at Cincinnati
Church of the Sovereign God
Church State Council
Churches of God a Cooperative Fellowship
Churches of God Cyber Auxiliary
Community Church of God, Seventh Day
Congregacion De Yahweh
Congregation Beth Shalom
Congregation Beth Simcha
Congregation Birth Hadoshah
Congregation B'nal Maccabim
Congregation of God Seventh Day
Congregation of Yahweh
Congregation of YHWH
Congregation Ohr Chadash
Cornerstone House of Prayer
Covenant Apostolic Churches, International
Covenant Mission in Canada
Dallas Congregation of the Almighty
David Alvin Gregg
Davis, Richard and Imogene
Deaf Assembly of YHWH
Disciples Church of God
Dove Christian Fellowship
East Texas Fellowship
Ecclesia Theos At Morristown TN
Elder Andrae Anthony
Elect Ministries of God
Eliyah Message
Elmer "Lee" Grose
Embassy of God
Embassy of Heaven Church
End Time Assembly of God
Eternal Church of God
Evangelical Seventh Day Baptist Church
Evangelical Seventh Day Baptist Mission Service
Evangelistic Centre, Inc.
Evangelistic Church of Jesus Christ
Everlasting Church of God
Faith Bible and Tract Society
Faith, Hope and Charity; House of God, Inc.
Family Church of God
Family of God
Family of Yahweh
Family Sabbath Keepers
Fellowship Church of God
Fellowship of Missions
Fighters For Truth
Final Hours Ministry
First Assembly of Yahvah
First Century Church of God
First Deliverance Holiness Church
First Fruits of Zion
Foundation For Life Fellowship
Freedom Biblical Information
Freedom Church Of God
Freedom Road Ministries
Friends of the Sabbath
Friendship 7th Day Sabbath Church of God
General Association of Davidians SDA
German Seventh Day Baptists
Gig Harbor Sabbath Fellowship
Giving & Sharing
Global Church of God
God Cares We Care House of Prayer
God's Church in the Appleton- Green Bay area
God's Church Worldwide
God's Community
God's Family Fellowship
God's Last Call
God's Storehouse
God's Work NOW!(Hold Fast To All Things)
Good News Unlimited
Gospel Celebration Fellowship
Gospel Fellowship
Green Pasture Gazette
Guard the Truth
Guardian Ministries .....

reddogs

Hallelujah Fellowship
HalleluYah Assembly
Halleluyah Mission
Hartland Institute
Hatikure Ministries
Heartland Fellowship
Hebrew Israelites
Hebrew Roots
Hebrew to Christian Contact
Historic Adventists; 7th Day
Hold Fast to All Things
Holy Church of Christ Commandments of God
Holy Church of the Living God, Commandment Keepers
Holy Sabbath of Christ the King Mission International
Home Fellowship Assistance
Hope of Israel Ministries
House of God
House of God Hebrew Pentecostal Church
House of Prayer
House of the Eternal Church of the Living God
House of Yahshua Ministries, Inc
House of Yahvah
House of Yahweh
If You Love Me 7th Day Fellowship
Independent Church of God Sabbath Fellowship Group
Independent Church of God
Independent Church of God (Yahweh)
Independent Sabbath Church of God
India Assemblies of Messiah
Interactive Sabbath Fellowship
Intercontinental Church of God
Interdependent - Interactive Church Of God
Interdependent Church of God Sabbath Day
International Congregation of Yahweh
International Sanctuary Research Center
Internet Church of God
Israel Assemblies of Yahweh, Inc
Israel's Messiah Has Come!
Jackson Gap Assembly of Yahweh
Jubilee Cycle Research
Katahdin Christian Community Church
Kehilat Ariel
Keith Siddens
Kingdom Missionaries
Kingdom on Earth of Y_H_W_H, the Sovereign
KYMAK
Last Age Church of God
Lehigh Valley Sabbath Fellowship
Liberty Foundation (20th Century Church of God)
Lifeline Ministries
LifePointe Church of God
Lifestyle in Faith Ministries
Links of Truth
Lion and Lamb Ministries
The Olive Branch
Little Children of Jesus Christ
Little Flock Fellowship
LIttle Flock International
Living Church of God
Living God Ministries, Montgomery Fellowship
Living Room Church of God
Living Word COG 7th Day
Logos Apostolic Church of God and Bible College
Love Song To the Messiah
Lyons Congregation
Malkaynu Shuva Ministries
Maranatha Ministries
MarkTab Ministries
Maryland Sabbath Fellowship
Menorah Ministries
Messianic Congregation
Messianic Faith Congregation
Messianic Hebrew Christian Fellowship
Messianic Israel Ministries (House of David)
Messianic Jew
Messianic Jewish Movement International
Messianic Liturgical Resources
Midlands Christian Church of God
Midnight Cry Society of the Church of God
Midnight Ministries
Ministry Publications
Missionary Body of Jesus Christ
Mount Sion Assembly of Yahvah
Mount Zion Chapel
Mount Zion Deeper Life Fellowship
Mountain Missionary Institute
Mt Zion Apostolic Church
Mt Zion Church of God 7th Day
Mt Zion Reporter
Music for the Church of God
Mystery of the Kingdom Ministry
Narrow Path
Nashville Sabbath Fellowship
Nation of Israel
National Eagle (Lee Clark)
New Beginnings
New Bethel House of Prayer
New Birth Assembly of Yahweh
New Covenant Apostolic Church
New Covenant Ministries
New Genesis Fellowship
New Israel Ind Assy of God
New Life & Health Ministries
New Life Christian Church
Nondenominational Sabbath Fellowship
Notre Dame de Grace
Oak Grove Community Church of God, 7th Day
Obedience Intercessory Ministry
Omega Praise Fellowship of Southern Oregon
Open Bible Fellowship
Open Door Bible Ministry, Inc.
Open Door Fellowship
Orange County Fellowship of God
Original Bible Project
Ozark Christian Fellowship
Pass It On Ministries
Pathway
Pentecostal Church of Zion, Inc.
People of the Living God
People's Christian Church
Petah Tikvah (Door of Hope)
Petah Tikvah Messianic Jewish Congregation
Philadelphia Church of God
Pine Belt Biblical Foundation
Plainer Truth
Points of Truth Christian Ministry
Praise Fellowship
Prisoner Outreach for Christ
Proclaiming the Sabbath More Fully
Prophetic Church of God
Pure Truth (APT Manual)
Radio Church of God
Reformation Church
Remnant Church of God
Remnant of God's People Church
Remnant of Israel
Remnant of Yahvah
Restoration Church of God
Restoration Fellowship
Restored Church of God
Ribbon of Blue Ministries
S.E.E.D.( Matthew 17:20 )
Sabbatarian Brethren BS Service at Bound Brook
Sabbatarian Christian Fellowship
Sabbatarian Church of God
Sabbath Assembly of God
Sabbath Bible Study Fellowship
Sabbath Church
Sabbath Day Believers
Sabbath Fellowship
Sabbath Keepers in White Robes
Sabbath Keeping Ten Commandment Church
Sabbath Research Center
Sabbath Seals
Sabbath Study Center
Sabbath-Keeping Church of God
Sacred Name Believers
Sacred Name Fellowship
Safe Haven Church of God
Saints of God Church International
San Diego Forum
Scattered Brethren
SDB Church Fellowship
Seek and Find Ministries
Servants' News
Seventh-day Adventist Church
Seventh-day Adventist Missionary Foundation
Seventh-day Adventist Reform Movement
Seventh Day Assembly of Yahweh
Seventh Day Baptist Church
Seventh Day Baptist Church of God
Seventh Day Baptists, U.S.A. and Canada
Seventh Day Christian Assembly
Seventh Day Christian Assembly of the Church of God
Seventh Day Christian Church
Seventh Day Christian Conference
Seventh Day Church
Seventh Day Church of God
Seventh Day Church of God For All Faiths
Seventh Day Sabbatarian Mennonites
Shekinah Gold Ministries
Shema Yisrael Ministries
Simon Says (radio talk show)
Smyrna Gospel Ministries
Smyrna Seventh-day Sabbath Chapel
Snow Hill Society of German Seventh Day Baptists
Soldiers of the Cross of Christ Evangelical International Church
Southern Florida Christian Fellowship
Southern New Mexico Sabbath Fellowship
Southside Bible Church
Speak the Truth
Speaking Out...On Issues of Importance to Christians
Spectrum
Spirit of Jesus Sabbath Church
Stedfast Church of God
Synagogue Chavurat HaMashiach
Tabernacle of God
Talents Ministries
Temple Christ Messiah
The American Orthodox Catholic Church
The Apostolic Church of God in Christ
The Believers
The Believer's Advocate
The Bible Church of God
The Christian Church of God
The Church of Christ
The Church of God
The Church of God 7th Day
The Church of God and Christ
The Church of God, Jerusalem (World Headquarters)
The Church of God, Ministries International
The Community In Boston
The Congregation of Christ
The Congregation of God
The Congregation of God Seventh Day Association
The Congregation of Yahweh
The Creation 7th Day *Adventist Church
The First Assembly of Yahvah
The Folsom Area Sabbath Bible Study Fellowship
The Gen'l Assembly of the Congregations of God
The Haven of Living Water
The Hevener Church - 224 Mohele Road, Farmville, Va.23901
The House of God
The House of Prayer of DePauw, IN
The House of Yahweh
The Jerusalem Sentinel
The Messianic Assemblies of Yahweh
The Original Bible Project
The People's Christian Church
The Pure Truth
The Quiet Hour
The Registry
The Scriptural Church of God
The Seventh Day Church of God
The Society of the White Rose
The Toledo Congregation of the House of YaHVaH
The Total Truth
The True Church of Christ [The Church of Christ]
The Way Publications (Sabbath Bible Study Fellowship
Thomas C. Taylor
Thomaston Church
To the Elect Church of God
Toledo Congregation of YaHVaH
Total Truth
Tower of Prayer 7th Day Assembly Holy Spirit Believers
Tree of Life Fellowship
Triumph Church of God (Triumph Prophetic Ministries)
Triumph Prophetic Ministries
True Jesus Church
Truth Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ
Truth On The Web Ministries
Truth Search Ministries
Truthseekers
Twentieth Century Church of God
Uchee Pines Institute
Union of Messianic Jewish Congregation
United Biblical Church of God
United Christian Ministries
United Church of God
United Church of the Lord Our Righteousness
United Hebrew Congregations
United House of God
Universal Church of God
Unknown Truth Fellowship Workers (UTFW)
Valley Christian Fellowship
Virginia Christian Israelites
Virginia Sabbath Fellowship
Voice in the Wilderness
Voice of Unity
Western Maryland Sabbath Fellowship
Western Nebraska Congregation of God
Whole Armor
Wilderness Ministries
Willamette Sabbath Fellowship
World Insight International
World Mission Society Church of God
Worldwide Church of God
Worldwide House of Yahuweh
YAH Prince of Peace Nazarene Ysraelite Congregation
Yah's Youth & Family Program
Yahshua Messiah International Congregation, Inc.
Yahvahshua Nazarene Mission
Yahwah's New Covenant Assembly
Yahweh's Assembly in Messiah
Yahweh's House of Prayer
Yahweh's Messianic Fellowship
Yahweh's New Covenant Assembly
Yahweh's New Life Assembly
Yeshua Chai Messianic Synagogue
Yorusho Aleim Liberation Movement ........

reddogs

The Sabbath goes all the way back to Creation, thus Jesus who is the Creator, in referring to the Sabbath in Genesis, said the Sabbath was made for humankind, not just the children of Israel.

reddogs

So why does Satan hate the Sabbath so much? Because the Sabbath identifies the true God and His claim of ultimate sovereignty.

God certainly anticipated the controversy over the Genesis account of Creation. He knew that after the fall of man, there would be doubts about His claims of manufacturing all the staggering mass of matter by merely commanding it to exist.

To safeguard His sovereignty, He established a mark that denoted His absolute right to rule as Lord. He chose to memorialize His display of creative power by setting aside the seventh day of the Creation week as a holy day of rest and remembering.

God wrote these words: “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work. … For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is: … wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it” (Exodus 20:8–11).

Once a week, as the earth rotates on its axis through space, the Sabbath reminder travels around the earth reaching every man, woman, and child with the message of an instant creation and the one who did the creating.

Why did God say remember? Because to forget the true Sabbath is to forget the true Creator.