• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Addictions

Fat Old Sun

Nicotine, caffeine to a lesser extent

I guess it's more of a cumpulsion than an addiction, but I can't seem to stay away from the internet or psychotic women.

anders

A few years after a stroke, which I (obviously) survived, I managed to quit smoking.

Now, it's just languages and writing systems and related stuff. A day without learning something new about some language is lost to me.

Two fora might qualify: this one, and one for language addicts. I feel cut off from the world if my broadband connection fails and I have to use my dial-up line.

Equally obvious, I don't want to lose those last addictions.

huajiro

For anyone who wants help quitting anything....I am becoming a bit of an expert on it, I have quit almost everything (smoking/drinking/drugs). I am actually getting addicted to abstinence, if that is possible.

I would be more than happy to help in some sort of support group. I have helped one of my co-workers quit smoking....I am pretty proud of that.

robtex

Veteran Member
for those with vices uncountable maybe they are addicted to hedonism if addiction to an ism is possible.

Lightkeeper

I used to smoke but quit almost 8 years ago. So, I have no addictions and am very happy to be free and not tied to anything. Addictions are very confining.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
I am addicted to smoking, RF, chocolate, Code Red Mountain Dew, WWE wrestling, Harry Potter, Anjelina Jolie, Vin Deisel, Johnny Depp, Keanu Reaves, Different genres of music, 70 degree weather, Thunderstorms, and probably many other things that I can not remember right off hand. Another thing I am still addicted to is my former chat hangout, Palace. It has been a year since my husband deleted it and I still have withdrawals.

I would love to quit smoking but my will power is not in it. I also have mental conditions that I want to get under control before I add any more stress.

As long as my other addictions do not hinder my marraige I do not wish to quit them.

FBI

I'd say that the internet used to be an addiction, but then I found I had not so much to do online, so I found more of an interest in my music and in reading.
I'm addicted to fresh orange juice (which my sister says makes girls have more mood swings...don't believe it i'm afraid) but i don't want to stop cos its not clogging up any part of my body.
I'm also addicted to fiddling with stuff. My mother says its a nervous habit, but i'm rocking my leg back and forwards as we speak so I hardly think its a nervous habit. I actually think its because if i'm not doing something active with my mind, then I get agitated. I should stop because it annoys other people sometimes, but I won't because it's not hurting me.

Circle_One

robtex said:
for those with vices uncountable maybe they are addicted to hedonism if addiction to an ism is possible.
I'm not addicted to hedonism, I just simply am a hedonist.

Isis-Astoroth said:
I'm also addicted to fiddling with stuff. My mother says its a nervous habit, but i'm rocking my leg back and forwards as we speak so I hardly think its a nervous habit. I actually think its because if i'm not doing something active with my mind, then I get agitated. I should stop because it annoys other people sometimes, but I won't because it's not hurting me
Yep, I have this problem, but for me it's not called an addiction, it's called ADHD.

suncowiam

When I go out to a bar or club scene, I actually drink and smoke a ton to enjoy myself because I simply let loose. But I never smoke outside of that scene. I drink here and there but rarely finish the full bottle or cup. And I rarely go out to those scenes any more now having a family.

I guess I don't have an addictive personality as it has been phrased... I dunno.

I think I'm at least addicted to sports because I love playing basketball and more lately, playing soccer but it doesn't interfere with my family so I guess it can't be called an addiction.