1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Addictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huajiro, Feb 1, 2005.

1. huajiro

huajiro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115
    If you are addicted to anything, what is it?

Is it something you want to stop doing?

2. Circle_One

Circle_One Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Kemetic Recontructionist
    Cigarettes and a certain narcotic.

Yes and yes.

EDIT: Actually that's not entirely true. I think I know I should want to stop both, but really just couldn't be bothered because I enjoy both.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No*s

No*s Captain Obvious

Ratings:
    +471
    You know...this site comes very close, or crosses the line lol. I've all but decided to limit my time...even though I have very regular access to the net. While I haven't made up my mind on it, I know I'll have decided to put a cap on it in a couple of days (I just know how I work things through lol).

4. Ceridwen018

Ceridwen018 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +399
    I'm addicted to this site, for one. I'm addicted to watermelon--one time when I was little, my mom cut up a watermelon and put it on our deck outside for lunch. No one really ate any of it but me, and even after all my cousins and friends ran off to play again, I still sat there munching away. Before I'd even realized it, I'd eaten the whole durned thing. ;)

I would say that I'm addicted to running too. I always feel weird if I don't run...I guess I just gotta have that runner's high!

5. huajiro

Ratings:
    +115
    I am addicted to Dr. Pepper, energy drinks, my wife, my son, and RF.

I want to stop drinking Dr. Pepper and energy drinks, but I have no vices left ( I have stopped doing everything but them).

I am also addicted to online gaming.....don't see a problem with it as it keeps me from doing worse things:verymad:

6. SoulTYPE

SoulTYPE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121
    No*S is right. RF is the answer.

7. Master Vigil

Master Vigil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607
    I think I may be addicted to sleep. I LOVE IT!!!!!! No but seriously, I used to be addicted to beef jerky. But I have since stopped that. This place really is getting close. I am not sure if it is an addiction, or an obsession, but either way, I LOVE IT!!!!!!

8. SK2005

SK2005 Saint in training

Ratings:
    +130
    I'm of course addicted to THE forums, and gum...and driving.
    Everytime I am having a bad time I always like to take a drive, it is soothing. I can't go more than a day without driving, I just wish that gas wasn't so expensive!

9. SoulTYPE

Ratings:
    +121
    I am Addicted toC1..

and Feather's great spirit

10. Feathers in Hair

Feathers in Hair World's Tallest Hobbit

Ratings:
    +1,793
    I'll echo all who put "RF" as their main addiction!

Soda is the other one... and possibly GameBoy. (I've got to work on the farm in my "Harvest Moon" game everywhere!) I wouldn't dream of breaking the RF addiction for the world, but I'd replace soda with water and video games with reading. Wait, reading is my other addiction. It's a slippery-slope, I tells ya!

11. SoulTYPE

Ratings:
    +121
    ANIME can be addictive.

12. t3gah

t3gah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48
    ReligiousForums.com

No.

[​IMG]

13. Scuba Pete

Scuba Pete Le plongeur avec attitude...

Ratings:
    +3,192
    Religion:
    Christian Taoist
    Addiction is a pretty harsh word.

Many times we substitute addiction for "like".

I thought that the wife and I were addicted to TV... but it died and we have yet to replace it. Sure, we could and it would even be nice. But we do fine without it.

I have walked away from the internet as well. However, unlike the TV there is much good that comes from the internet. Much good. There is also bad on here, but if it were to pass, then I would simply find something else. No real biggie and definitely not a real addiciton.

Take away God though, and I would have a far rougher time. I truly believe that I am addicted to God, and by association addicted to LOVE! So be it!

14. fromthe heart

fromthe heart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Addiction...what a complicated word...to truely be addicted you must suffer if you were not to have it. So in that line of thinking I'm addicted to God as NetDoc said. I could NOT go on living without God. would I ever want to stop that addiction...NO

I'm addicted to RF...this addiction is self made...no I don't want to lose that in my life either...I have those who I consider family here who I sincerely care about what happens to them and in their lives. Don't want to give them up either.

BAD addiction...cigarettes...yep I smoke, have ever since I was 15...quit for 8 days in 84 and picked the suckers back up...DUMB!!! There are times where I feel I'd love to quit but subconsciencely I think I enjoy my one bad addiction too much...only part is addiction...the rest is just BAD habit. I'm not at all proud to be a smoker...but I don't drink, don't cuss, don't do any other drugs than nicotine...I hate the way it smells but still I do it. Go figure.:eek:

15. huajiro

Ratings:
    +115
    "You must spread some Karma around before giving it to NetDoc again."

Story of my life around here....I tried NetDoc

16. SoulTYPE

Ratings:
    +121
    "You must spread some Karma around before giving it to NetDoc again." is almost a certainty lol.

People are addicted to giving NetDOc frubals.

17. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,057
    Ditto - except for the narcotic.

But I am addicted heart medication in that I can't stop.

18. Circle_One

Circle_One Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Kemetic Recontructionist
    Can't stop medically? As in you need to take it? Not in the same sense as I need a cigarette?

19. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,057
    Yeah. There is no "craving" dependency as there is with the cigarettes I smoke.

Now, everybody, please don't start on the inconsistency of smoking and already having a bad heart. The resumption of cigarettes was physcological.

20. fromthe heart

fromthe heart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258
    pah...I sure won't...I tried to stop about 4 years ago and got hit with tacycardia, the doctor who put me on heart medicine for it said not to try to stop unless I was ready because it caused me undue stress....This was a heart doctor too. Go Figure.:)