• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Addendum to Isaiah 53:9.

Know how they teach people how to spot a phoney dollar bill?
Or d'you think they oughta teach'm both fakes and phonies n'then let'em figure out which is which on their own?
Logic suggests that to know the phonies, you have to know the real, both inside and out.
Who would be wanting to teach us that, in your opinion, SoEE?

God tells us that we are responsible for kicking out the false prophets...
... and tells us how to know what the false prophet will be teaching...
... in a book banned by Paul... I know, convenient, right?
If the prophet overthrows what the previous prophets have taught... guess what? FALSE.
That's what Paul does... in spades... by pretending that everything changed when Iesu was murdered in cold blood... by Paul's own faction, no less... and then Paul proceeds to call himself all sorts of titles that he's the only witness thereof... and tells y'all that if y'don't believe "I Paul" you're going to hedoublehockeysticks.
-- The Letters of Paul: A Cautionary Tale.
(Run do not walk to the nearest no-Paul-chapel... or your closet, whichever suits y'all.)

Oh, and... hate t'tell'ya, but I DO know my own nature... t's why I need to follow Iesu.

(Facepalms)...(Breathes)

I don't know if I should mirror your energy back to you and agitate the situation because I can or break it down for you. What does "observe all things" and "keeping my word" and "not denying my name" have to do with knowing the will of the creator of all?

So, since you know your nature why are you here? Where did you come from and where are you headed?

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
your hatred toward Peter
False witnesses never seem to have to prove anything, do they, TA. :rolleyes:

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
I can or break it down for you.

What does "observe all things" and "keeping my word" and "not denying my name" have to do with knowing the will of the creator of all?
Well, that's good news, isn't it.

Do you think Iesous meant for us to follow some guy who said the commandments went away before heaven and earth passed away?

The will of the Creator is that none of those who are "called and chosen and faithful" will be lost. And that's why Iesous was sent to tell us what the commandments from the throne of God really were... and what they mean. And that Iesous has paid for those things you did before you believed and then followed the commandments Iesous taught. And for the things you did after the payment was accepted by the Father, Iesous tells us to repent and ask mercy from the ones we injure.

Seems pretty straight-forward, to me, these days.

So, since you know your nature why are you here? Where did you come from and where are you headed?

I'm not here all that often. It's depressing to try to evangelize people who can't even follow Iesous whose yoke IS exactly that easy, and His burden is oh-so-very light.

Whatsoever ye would that man should do unto you, do ye even so to them. Some people here act like they'd like nothing better than to have other folks make up lies about them in a vain attempt to win an otherwise unwinable argument. [I hope you're not like that, SOEE.]

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
'anti-Paulinism', which associates with other ideas, like calling other apostles false, and such, has it's roots in "anti-Pharasaim"

A statement which cannot be proven, but which is actually a thinly-veiled attempt to overthrow the prophecy of Iesous: Paul's wilderness conversion.*

Isn't THIS anti-Pharisee?

The Gospel According to Matthew
21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the Son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill Him, and let us seize on His inheritance.
21:39 And they caught Him, and cast [him] out of the vineyard, and slew [him]. {crucifixion}
21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will He do unto those husbandmen?
21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out [his] vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. {Daniel 2:35}
21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard His parables, they perceived that He spake of them.

And Matthew 23 adds definition to that condemnation.

You have two choices, regarding the above Scripture:
(1) believe it, and act accordingly.
(2) don't believe it, and act accordingly.

It's not rocket-science... but it does take SOME thought.
[The wise know something about Daniel, and should realize who that statue is.]

Last edited:
I'm over it...

5a44135dead9ad7e629948d6554ce684.gif

sooda

Veteran Member
These things saith he that is holy, he that is true,
he that hath the key of David, he that openeth,
and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Revelation 3:6-9.

And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder;
So he shall open, and none shall shut;
And he shall shut, and none shall open.

Isaiah 22:22.

Revelation 3:6-9 establishes a direct link between the personage speaking in the text of the passage and the person described through prophetic utterance in Isaiah chapter 22 (with emphasis on verses 22 through 25). John the Revelator clearly takes it for granted that Isaiah 22:20-25 is speaking parabolically concerning someone other than Eliakim son of Hilkiah. He makes the statements that are found in Isaiah 22:22-25 apply directly to the person speaking in Revelation 3:6-9.

Linkages of this sort aren't uncommon throughout the Gospels and Apostolic Writings such that the link itself isn't worthy of a cutting exegetical analysis. On the other hand, what's more than worthy of careful examination is the manner in which the link between Revelation 3:6-9 and Isaiah 22:23-25 connect the latter passage to the cutting exegesis of Isaiah 53:9 that took place here earlier this self-same year.

John

ד׳

חכמה עצה דעת רוחויראתד׳וגבורהובינה
רוח
רוח
רוח
ח
ו
ט
ר

ג ז ע​

Isaiah 22:23 Commentary - John Gill's Exposition of the Bible

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
I'm over it...

". . . And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold [water] only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward."