• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam and Jesus

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes because some have God ( the Holy Spirit) and some don't. Thanks for making my point.

that isn't what it says bub.

it says the spirit of god created everything in genesis 1. why do you think jesus said your will and not mine in luke 22:42?

again, people aren't eternal, persons get formed and unformed, but the spirit that created them is forever. you are trying to promote the idea of an atheist that the flesh creates the spirit; when your scripture tells you that the spirit forms the flesh.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
jesus was a knower. one who knows. jesus didn't ride in on a cloud of dreams, belief.

you're confusing the idea of a believer with the idea of follower. a follower knows where he came from and where he is going. a believer knows neither.
Not according to how the Bible defines a believer.

"And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe."

"They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

Belief isn't a dream biblically...it affects our reality.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not according to how the Bible defines a believer.

"And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe."

"They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

Belief isn't a dream biblically...it affects our reality.
only if that belief is questioned, tested, and found to work. jesus tells you how it works. you either do the work, or otherwise the belief is just a delusion that it's someone else's responsibility. it isn't. you can't save people from themselves. they have to believe in change; otherwise they remain delusional and fantasize about all kinds of happy endings with their brain massaging.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
only if that belief is questioned, tested, and found to work. jesus tells you how it works. you either do the work, or otherwise the belief is just a delusion that it's someone else's responsibility. it isn't. you can't save people from themselves. they have to believe in change; otherwise they remain delusional and fantasize about all kinds of happy endings with their brain massaging.
Only that's not what it says...it says believe and you will be saved.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Only that's not what it says...it says believe and you will be saved.
to save is a verb. it means there is action required on the believer. you got to put the belief into actions; otherwise you're just a person going around with your head in the clouds. a believer builds their house on the sands of belief. the truelly faithful build their house from belief upon action.

this is why jesus said. matthew 7:25-27

Brian2

Veteran Member
sons of gods. jesus is just one of infinite number. son means begotten. all are begotten of god based on genesis 1 and john 1.

son is the whole of what is formed, or created. it isn't a single individual because god isn't a person.

i keep telling you the definition and understanding of words and you keep promoting what you believe; especially what you believe the words should say.. seriously you don't see the problem? you're manipulating words to hold onto something that doesn't work within the language you're using. their is a disconnect between your beliefs and language

being lost and redeemed doesn't mean god was otherwise. it means that they are ONE and always had been having understood the name.
colossians 3:11 you failed again

this is self-serving again to hold on to belief. it doesn't face the test.. omnipresent covers all space/time. again twisting the english definition of word to mean something it doesn't. again it is the believer making stuff up to elevate it's ego and define god a place and time; otherwise. omnipresent isn't exclusive to either space or time. its both. there is no definition of omnipresent meaning involving the word exclusive to either the idea of space or time.

midst is everywhere because god can't be amongst 20 people and be separate from all and the kingdom of god realized. it pervades. it doesn't work around it.

seriously more of your beliefs portraying something as exclusive to self. your pride is showing. you defining god a place. your god can't even be all powerful because you get to put him in his place.

In the Bible God puts Himself in various places and at various times. God of course is still present everywhere even when He puts Himself in those places and at those times.
See for example Genesis 3 for example.
Genesis 3:8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

Notice also that even though God is omniscient, He askes Adam questions.
God relates to us in different ways, on our level.

Brian2

Veteran Member
to save is a verb. it means there is action required on the believer. you got to put the belief into actions; otherwise you're just a person going around with your head in the clouds. a believer builds their house on the sands of belief. the truelly faithful build their house from belief upon action.

this is why jesus said. matthew 7:25-27

It's true, as James said, "faith without works is dead".
Matthew 7:25-27 could be referring to our salvation when it comes time to judge all people. Our faith is what will save us then, our faith that has been at work through acts of love and not just as a head belief.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In the Bible God puts Himself in various places and at various times. God of course is still present everywhere even when He puts Himself in those places and at those times.
See for example Genesis 3 for example.
Genesis 3:8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

Notice also that even though God is omniscient, He askes Adam questions.
God relates to us in different ways, on our level.
god doesn't appear and disappear. god is always being. because the observer sees something and then doesn't see something doesn't mean the something isn't present, nor doesn't exist.

jesus hints as this in the "I AM" with you always statement.

matthew 28:20

so god is always present

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It's true, as James said, "faith without works is dead".
Matthew 7:25-27 could be referring to our salvation when it comes time to judge all people. Our faith is what will save us then, our faith that has been at work through acts of love and not just as a head belief.
love in action saves

Brian2

Veteran Member
god doesn't appear and disappear. god is always being. because the observer sees something and then doesn't see something doesn't mean the something isn't present, nor doesn't exist.

jesus hints as this in the "I AM" with you always statement.

matthew 28:20

so god is always present

I did say that God is present everywhere even when the Bible tells us that God was walking in Eden in the cool of the day.

Brian2

Veteran Member
love in action saves

For Christians it is faith which works through love which saves us. (Well actually Jesus does the saving)
If you say that just love saves us then you never know if you have done enough loving to be saved.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I did say that God is present everywhere even when the Bible tells us that God was walking in Eden in the cool of the day.
that isn't the most high god. the most high doesn't have to walk; if it's omnipresent. it occupies all space/time and doesn't come or go. it just is. the elohim from genesis is not the same as the El in most high god

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
For Christians it is faith which works through love which saves us. (Well actually Jesus does the saving)
If you say that just love saves us then you never know if you have done enough loving to be saved.
jesus wasn't christian. revelation doesn't talk about christians. jesus talked about jews. revelation talks about jews. talks about how certain jews should and should not behave. not because they are jews. but because of their behavior

giving someone, or something a name, no matter if it is self, doesn't negate acceptable/unacceptable behavior.

you're either a sheep or goat in jesus' teaching, doesn't matter a whit what you call yourself