• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam and Eve

F1fan

Veteran Member
what makes Adam unique..........he was the FIRST to walk with God
Which metaphorically could mean the dawn of human intellect some 200,000 years ago. In other words it could mean how humans moved from being like other apes to developing ideas and rituals. As we know Neanderthals had crude forms of symbolism and culture. I doubt those who wrote the Genesis myths had any sort of understanding about human evolution and social development, but theists today can interpret these old stories as if they did. This will help theists integrate their religious belief to science, and avoid the conflict some have with more literalist interpretation.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I do not believe science has the answer i am looking for, i believe there is a lot more "unseen" that science can not understand
But science has answers nonetheless that can't be dismissed due to indifference.

Wouldn't wisdom include accepting all truths to avoid the confusion of a narrow search for truth?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But science has answers nonetheless that can't be dismissed due to indifference.

Wouldn't wisdom include accepting all truths to avoid the confusion of a narrow search for truth?
What others do is up to them, to me religious teaching is what teaching me the truth

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Which metaphorically could mean the dawn of human intellect some 200,000 years ago. In other words it could mean how humans moved from being like other apes to developing ideas and rituals. As we know Neanderthals had crude forms of symbolism and culture. I doubt those who wrote the Genesis myths had any sort of understanding about human evolution and social development, but theists today can interpret these old stories as if they did. This will help theists integrate their religious belief to science, and avoid the conflict some have with more literalist interpretation.
yea.....picture yourself at the capfire as Mose relates the story

God laid the man to a deep sleep
and cut a rib from him......!!!!!!!!

then increased the rib to full stature .....as a woman....
!!!!!!!!

so....nodding your head is a given......
because it's Moses talking......BUT

how do you believe?.....cut a rib from a man
and he NOT DIE??????

and he slept!!!!???????........as it happened

we know science well enough
yes it can happen

F1fan

Veteran Member
yea.....picture yourself at the capfire as Mose relates the story

God laid the man to a deep sleep
and cut a rib from him......!!!!!!!!

then increased the rib to full stature .....as a woman....
!!!!!!!!

so....nodding your head is a given......
because it's Moses talking......BUT

how do you believe?.....cut a rib from a man
and he NOT DIE??????

and he slept!!!!???????........as it happened

we know science well enough
yes it can happen
Well I can imagine Moses existing and imagine he is telling a story. As an educated person in 2021 I won't pretend it's true.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well I can imagine Moses existing and imagine he is telling a story. As an educated person in 2021 I won't pretend it's true.
well......then we must back up
do you believe in God?

consider before your answer......
Someone had to be First

F1fan

Veteran Member
do you believe in God?

I'm not convinced any of the popular ideas of gods are true. No one who believes any god exists came to that conclusion via an objective and factual basis. People believe due to how the human brain evolved and the social experience people have in their given religious community or nation. Belief in religious ideas is largely subconscious, not deliberate or reasoned. Theists know they believe in god, but they don't know why they do.

Someone had to be First
What do you mean "someone"? Evolution doesn't work that way if you're suggesting there was a first human.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Why? Your say so?

What is spirit? Demonstrate spirit exists, and that it exists independently of energy/matter. Use facts, not beliefs.
(if you look up ......belief.....you find no proof is required)

and if you insist.....there is no such thing.....spirit

then you are dust
wandering until your chemistry fails

THEN your chemistry goes in the box
the box into the ground

eternal darkness is physically REAL

that's a fact

Muffled

Jesus in me
All the Abrahamic religions have some teaching about Adam and Eve (as far as i know)

The question is, is Adam and Eve the true names of the very first human beings? or is that something that come later?

If they were the first humanoids on earth, do they not predate Homosapiens too?
Where they actually a different form of humans?

I believe Adam and Eve are not the first hominids on earth but they are the first race to be called humans by the Caucasians.

I don't believe in evolution so I would not speculate that any hominid predates homosapiens.

I believe there is no evidence that Adam and Eve were the names they went by. It might simply be what God names them.

Muffled

Jesus in me
To me, the story is a metaphor for the first humans to become aware of duality: right/wrong, good/bad and so forth. That resulted in the loss of primordial innocence that exists in the animal kingdom.

I believe you are making that up.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Many of the early chapters in Genesis especially are probably largely "myths" [doesn't mean falsehood] meant to teach some basic beliefs and teachings within early Judaism, thus not necessarily to be taken literally.

I do not believe the Word of God is a myth.

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
And why would you believe that? What's your evidence for that?
I believe God put a flawless book in place. I don't see any reason of why God would allow flaws in his book. I see the Bible as his book.

Evidence? A God able to create this nature... in all its vastness is also able to write a little book correctly, in my opinion.

EDITED to add last sentence

Last edited:

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
Maybe evolution is true. And maybe evolution is not true. Remember it's called "The theory of evolution".
bad arguments for creationism are an invitation for atheists to present themselves as educating the faith of the believer.

I also hear this argument in the churches. It's embarassing.

F1fan

Veteran Member
do you believe in God?
No. I've not heard or seen any concept of god that is reasonable to judge true. To clarify, I reject the claims theists make when they claim some sort of god exists. I reject these claims because they have no factual or reasonable basis.

Someone had to be First
Someone, who? What do you mean by this assertion? And why must it be true?

F1fan

Veteran Member
(if you look up ......belief.....you find no proof is required)
Belief is a judgment a mind makes about a concept. It can be completely irrational, or highly likely. Belief is a judgment humans make because we are uncertain about any given concept. Belief is not fact. Any belief is subject to correction and error.

and if you insist.....there is no such thing.....spirit
If you say so.

then you are dust
wandering until your chemistry fails
Actually we humans are material beings that function according to the laws of physics. Dust is not relevant as a description.

THEN your chemistry goes in the box
the box into the ground

eternal darkness is physically REAL

that's a fact
Yes, living organisms die. Then they are dead. Then nature runs its course.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I believe Adam and Eve are not the first hominids on earth but they are the first race to be called humans by the Caucasians.
Who are the Caucasians as you use use the term?

I don't believe in evolution so I would not speculate that any hominid predates homosapiens.
Yet fossils demonstrate that hominids predate homosapiens. You don;'t have to speculate, the science e has done the work. But why do you reject evolution?