• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam and Eve

exchemist

Veteran Member
All the Abrahamic religions have some teaching about Adam and Eve (as far as i know)

The question is, is Adam and Eve the true names of the very first human beings? or is that something that come later?

If they were the first humanoids on earth, do they not predate Homosapiens too?
Where they actually a different form of humans?
It's an allegory. These are archetypes of the first members of the human race, not literal historical people.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All the Abrahamic religions have some teaching about Adam and Eve (as far as i know)

The question is, is Adam and Eve the true names of the very first human beings? or is that something that come later?

Yes, they were archetypal forms of humans. They existed in a timeless world that was not quite our own, a sphere between the Infinite and the material. The subconscious mind taps into this domain of forms and from this our mythologies arise. Do they predate homosapiens? Hard to say. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Is it :confused: How do you know? There has to have been two humans that was the first once
Which came first, the chicken, or the egg?

Evolution is a continuum. The "first" anything is an arbitrary decision. French was once Latin. Who was the first French speaker?

RestlessSoul

It’s an allegory.

Mankind’s natural condition is bliss, but pride and the desire to equal God in knowledge and wisdom, caused Adam and Eve to fall from grace. The hunger for knowledge and the impulse to play God, is at the root of all human suffering.

Colt

In my theology Adam and Eve materialized on an old, evolved, previously populated earth. They were to replace the previous fallen celestial administrator, the "Crafty Beast".

When the Israelites were creating their creation story they appropriated Mesopotamian lore. You will notice that Cain feared people out in the world before leaving home. He found a wife and a city.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Yes, the writings of Moses indicate that God created the first humans, fully developed and with intellect and who have the Creator's moral qualities embedded in their DNA.

The entire narrative of the scriptures is based on these two humans and what choices they made when temptations were put before them.
The science buffs among us must of necessity reject all reference to a literal "Adam and Eve" because such a concept fights with their own 'religion' (or should I say, "belief system"?) If Adam did not exist, then Jesus did not exist either.....Adam's disobedience in the first instance was the sole reason why Jesus came to this earth in human form to offer his life for humankind. He came to undo the damage that Adam brought on the human race....the kind of damage we see escalating in this age of technology, when humans appear to be getting smarter but not acting the part.

Science became a way to legitimize abandonment of a 'God/Creator' concept and gave them the freedom that they wanted so as to live their lives as they chose...with no restrictions. Their theory replaced the Bible as a basis of their belief system....none of which has any validity since they cannot prove that an amoeba was the common ancestor of all living things. Their first premise is unsupported nonsense IMO.

Science's descriptions of what they call 'early humanoids' is based on nothing but their imagination.
Early apes that may have gone extinct in the dim dark past, form the basis for guessing that they might have been early humans. They have no real proof that what they assume is in fact true...but it sounds good...in theory. :oops:

Their 'beliefs' create all the necessary framework for their own story to be woven into it. They have done exactly what they claim we have done....based all their beliefs on assumptions, written by men whom they considered worthy of their trust. But at the end of the day....they have no more real evidence for their theory than we have for our God. This is a very inconvenient truth, because it creates the kind of hostility that usually only religious differences can engender.
confused0007.gif
Why do they care so much and act in such a wounded way when their own beliefs are challenged? Why do they care at all about what we say? Do you think that there is a secret part of them that is not quite sure? :shrug:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

You're thinking too hard about this. o_O

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Adam is a chosen son of God
he was not the first to walk this earth.....that happened on Day Six
no names
no garden
no law
go forth be frutiful and mulitply
Man as a species

Day Seven ...rest.....with notation that nothing more will be created

Chapter Two is NOT a retelling of Chapter One
Man had developed that dominate all things.....to a bad direction
unto each other

so.....manipulation was needed to set the direction of course
Man needed a better.....spirit

Chapter Two is NOT a story of creation
it was manipulation

idea

Question Everything
In the beginning.... there was a big bang, mass and energy exploded from a singularity, swirling into the void, eddies, universal hurricanes to countless galaxies with solar systems and planets. Fusion, let there be light! Wave-particle timeless constant speed duality light! Energy, atoms to elements, minerals, phases of matter churning and mixing, atomic forces kqq/r^2 and gravitational forces GMm/R^2 , a Mandelbrot of energies and forces on all length scales swirling and churning, orbiting, forming, a perfect world? Dinosaurs fighting, monsters screeching, meteorite BANG a layer of fine dust covers the earth from the impact, and a new set of survivors prove themselves strongest. Dividing, multiplying, dieing, generation after generation... self-awareness, conscience, thought, intelligence, wars, social heirarchies rising and falling, seasons, years, ice age, global warming... on this blue spec in the vast abyss, in the glorious swirling unbounded limitless space...

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Since humans evolved gradually from ancient ape ancestors involving populations that range to about thousands of induviduals, there was no first human couple. The idea makes no sense.

night912

That i believe the teaching was given to humans from Allah and i believein the teaching. It is a belief not science.
You didn't answer my question. What's your method for determining if a teaching was of Allah or of Man? How do you know that the teachings believe are in fact the actual teachings of Allah and not of Man?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You didn't answer my question. What's your method for determining if a teaching was of Allah or of Man? How do you know that the teachings believe are in fact the actual teachings of Allah and not of Man?
Because i believe what the teaching says about that. The teaching clearly say Muhammad is the prophet who deliver the message from Allah to the human beings. That means the teaching is from Allah.
I do not need science to tell me what to belive to be true or not, that comes from my own research in spiritual teachings.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Which scripture did you get the name "Eve" from?