• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Acts of love

Messianic Israelite

Since Yahweh is the author of love, you would think that the Bible contains acts of love. As I was reading the Hebrew Scriptures a week or two ago I chanced upon 2 Chronicles 28 when in verse 15 the children of Ephraim did a huge service for their captives after the warning issued by the prophet Oded regarding keeping the captives. In verse 15 it says:

"15 The men designated by name took the prisoners, and from the plunder they clothed all who were naked. They provided them with clothes and sandals, food and drink, and healing balm. All those who were weak they put on donkeys. So they took them back to their fellow Israelites at Jericho, the City of Palms, and returned to Samaria."

They are many acts of love like this described in the Bible, when clearly the people were observing the Law, namely Leviticus 19:18 which teaches us to love our neighbour and Deuteronomy 15:7. The Ephraimites were only observing Yahweh's Laws when they took such good care of those captives and sent them on their way. I know people want to say that the Bible way is evil because it restricts them but I can honestly say that there is a huge amount of good in the Bible.

I suspect someone will deny this by pointing out the Judgment that has befallen errant sinners in the Bible. That's a separate discussion I'd like to discuss in a different thread (see the thread 'Judgment delayed' tomorrow). I've come to understand that the giving of the Law was an act of love given by Yahweh to His people.

What are your favourite acts of love in he Bible?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Hello.

"What are your favourite acts of love in he Bible?"

Well, that incident on the cross comes to mind. :)

pearl

Since Yahweh is the author of love, you would think that the Bible contains acts of love.

Yes there are many acts of love, and also, according to the Prophets, many acts of disobedience;
"They forsook My Torah" MY Torah, they failed to hear God's will in the Torah, failed to hear 'into' My voice. Jer

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
Since Yahweh is the author of love, you would think that the Bible contains acts of love. As I was reading the Hebrew Scriptures a week or two ago I chanced upon 2 Chronicles 28 when in verse 15 the children of Ephraim did a huge service for their captives after the warning issued by the prophet Oded regarding keeping the captives. In verse 15 it says:

"15 The men designated by name took the prisoners, and from the plunder they clothed all who were naked. They provided them with clothes and sandals, food and drink, and healing balm. All those who were weak they put on donkeys. So they took them back to their fellow Israelites at Jericho, the City of Palms, and returned to Samaria."

They are many acts of love like this described in the Bible, when clearly the people were observing the Law, namely Leviticus 19:18 which teaches us to love our neighbour and Deuteronomy 15:7. The Ephraimites were only observing Yahweh's Laws when they took such good care of those captives and sent them on their way. I know people want to say that the Bible way is evil because it restricts them but I can honestly say that there is a huge amount of good in the Bible.

I suspect someone will deny this by pointing out the Judgment that has befallen errant sinners in the Bible. That's a separate discussion I'd like to discuss in a different thread (see the thread 'Judgment delayed' tomorrow). I've come to understand that the giving of the Law was an act of love given by Yahweh to His people.

Acts of righteousness
The first and most important act of righteousness is to believe in the true God without insulting him
for example:
to say that God is a living being or an animal

God created the sun and the earth which is that god is larger than animals and humans or planets
This is a true thanksgiving to God is a very noble act and very thankful

We know that a son must live with his family and love his father and mother
And man also must live with God and love and respect
If the child says to his father and mother, you are not my mother or I want another mother. Will your mother accept this talk?

Also if I say I do not want this God and I want another God, will god who created you will accept this?

This is the first noble act and a fine human value is to thank others for charity to you

Secondly tender
To give myself to serve others and help those in need
Have mercy on the weak and help the poor

thanks and huugs
Because I love benefactors :cry:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Ruth's love of Naomi, so much so that she left the people of Moab and became a Jew.

16 And Ruth said: 'Entreat me not to leave thee, and to return from following after thee; for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge; thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.'