• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Acts 2:38 Baptism of the Holy Spirit

sincerly

The very act of accepting God's grace and believing in Jesus is an example of cooperating with God in our salvation. Does it pay the penalty of death? No. But will we obtain salvation even if we refuse it? No, we have to accept the salvation that Christ offered us and cooperate with Him in our salvation.

Hi Shiranui, Pardon me for not getting to your post as quickly as I should. At times posts get buried before they are read or even seen.
Fortunately, I do have a life away from the computer.

Technically, Jesus paid the price for mankind's salvation "before the foundation of the world". As Eph.2:8 says, it is a "gift". the accepting of it is a choice. Nothing that mankind can even claim to have a redeeming act to possess.

The cooperation is in the Submission to HIS WILL. That fact bars one from presumptuously believing that one adds to HIS Saving Grace. Mankind strayed from the Will of GOD initially by choice.
The Confession of sins and repentance are admissions of ones guilt, but it doesn't clean the record. That is ALL done by the Sacrifice of Jesus upon the Cross.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Hi Shiranui, Pardon me for not getting to your post as quickly as I should. At times posts get buried before they are read or even seen.
Fortunately, I do have a life away from the computer.
I'm stepping back into this thread briefly to offer my apologies; I shouldn't have called you out the way I did. It was shameful of me, snide and un-Christian. Please forgive me, a sinner! :sorry1:

May the blessings of the Lord be upon you,
-Shiranui

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
As long as this thread fails to make any actual progress (noting that none of my points from several days ago have been even looked at by sincerly), and as long as the same old stuff's being rehashed and brought back up, I'm out.

Posting this for your consideration:

th

e.r.m., sincerly, it was a pleasure. May God bless us all.

Likewise.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Hi e.r.m., "As it was in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah"----Do we want to hope that?????

That is for another thread.
I agree. Another thread. We're preaching to the choir on this one. Although I don't think people will try to rape angels if it's approved.

Last edited:

sincerly

I agree. Another thread. We're preaching to the choir on this one. Although I don't think people will try to rape angels if it's approved.

I have not seen any scripture(some speculation) that stated angels reproduce. Another topic/thread.