• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Acts 2:27

David T

Premium Member
In acts did jesus soul go to hades while his body didn't rot?
He dies in the battle with belrog, but he returns as jesus the white. He was jesus the gray before dying.
latest-2.jpg

Earthling

David Henson
In acts did jesus soul go to hades while his body didn't rot?

His body went to hades, which is a Greek translation of the Hebrew sheol. In English they are often translated, from older Bibles or Bibles based upon those, as the old English word hell, which means cover. These words can also be translated into grave or pit. Since Jesus existed in spirit form before coming to Earth as Jesus, in spirit form he went to the abyss, which just means exceedingly deep. For example, the ocean, but in this case just a sort of prison which, later in the book of Revelation, Satan is also imprisoned for a thousand years. Then, in spirit form upon his release, he went to Tartarus, which is a Greek word that means the lowest place. This is often also mistranslated as hell though is completely different than hades. It is actually in heaven. A condition rather than an actual place, of the disobedient angels who forsook their original forms to mate with human women, thus producing the Nephelim.

Does that make sense?

Scriptural references upon request. Just ask if you are interested.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
According to my understanding Acts 2:27 says Jesus's soul will not be abandoned to Hades in other words His soul did not go to Hades

I would think if it says "27 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay.:

To be abandoned means, IMV, will not be left it. If someone is leaving another and the person says "Don't abandon me", the understanding is that he is being left alone but not forever.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Peter was quoting from Psalm 16:10.

So Jesus was in Hades / Sheol / the Grave, but only three days… not long enough for a literal body in a literal tomb to rot, ie., “see corruption.”

Remember, his body disappeared
when he was resurrected to a spirit.
“Put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit.”

(His body apparently disappeared by Jehovah’s hand, to thwart any effort by the religious leaders to deny that Jesus was brought back to life.)

Side point: Was Jesus the first person to ever be resurrected? No! There were others. Lazarus, for one example.

So why is Jesus called the “firstborn from the dead” @ Revelation 1:4, the “first to rise from the dead” @ Acts of the Apostles 26:23?

Because he was the first to be resurrected to spirit life! That’s why he was able, after his resurrection, to immediately appear to his disciples at different times!